Planning Huge Trip Need Help

dayofplay

In 2010 our Family is planning a trip ot WDW and also a Disney Cruse to go along with it either before or after not sure.

So what I'm wondering does anyone have any suggestion or tips for going about planning this . I planning it being a min 2 week vacation wondering if that is going to be enought time to take it all in.

Has anyone out there done both the cruse and Parks ? And what would they change if they had to do it again... Any suggestions

Thanks
biggrin.gif

disneymyway

I've never done the cruise but I've read here about many people doing the parks and the cruise with way less than 2 weeks so I think that sounds great!

I'm sure that there will be others here to help you more - I just thought I'd bump this up for you! :wave:

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

Disney Cruises look awesome and are highly rated, BUT you definitely pay for it. I assume you've done some research and know this, but many cruises can be had from Port Canaveral and Tampa for pretty good prices...

Two weeks won't be enough to take it ALL in, but it will be a pretty good amount of time. You'll likely be sick of buses (if you use them), hotel rooms, and Disney food by the time you're done.

We went to WDW for 12 days last Sept. There were still things that we didn't do (Tom Sawyer Island, Hall of Presidents, most of the World Showcase), BUT we did all that we REALLY wanted to do (including the water parks). By the end of the trip I was dreaming of buses (really).

Upvote 0

lbrad

Our family just enjoyed a land and sea Disney vacation that I planned myself (NO land and sea package). We did the land part first....highly recommend that you do it that way also then you can kick back, relax and enjoy being pampered on your cruise. 12 days is MORE THAN ENOUGH time:) There are 6 of us - so for $$$ reasons I did it on my own except for the cruise which I booked through Small World Vacations(WWW.Small World Vacations.COM; they are recommended by Mousesavers). They had lots of specials(helps to have a Disney Visa Card), on-board credits, cash back to you, etc.
We drove to FL so we had our own car. Stayed at POP (needed 2 rooms) for 5 nights, then drove to Port Canaveral for our 3 night cruise to the Bahamas (again had connecting secret porthole rooms 5522 & 5524).
Bought MYW tickets online from Undercover Tourists (recommended by Allearsnet.com). Everything was wonderful:sohappy: Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

coltow

2 words...Kingdom Konsultants
They are fantastic and can make all the arrangements for you. Travelling with a group it would be easier than for everyone to do it individually.

Upvote 0
My family has been to Disney World six times in the last four years for a total of over 50 days, and we still have not seen everthing in the Parks. Don't stress yourself out and try to see everything, make a list of your must see shows and attractions and plan arround those.
I would highly recommend that you take the cruise after Disney World and not the other way around, that way you will be much more rested when you return home.
On Saturdays out of Port Canaveral you can do a seven day cruise on the Disney Cruise Lines or the Carnival Glory, while on Sunday you can do a cruise on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. The Disney Cruise is amazing but very pricey, the Carnival Cruise is nice but the ship is a little less nice. I will try the Royal Caribbean ship next September but it looks great. The down side to the Royal Caribbean cruise is you travel on the Sunday to get home and if you are like most of us you then have to go to work on the Monday, where the Disney and Carnival Cruise you travle on the Saturday so you have a day at home to get things put away and laundrey done befor you have to go to work.
Have a great trip and enjoy the planning.

Upvote 0

marcriss

In 1998 we did a land and sea cruise for our Honeymoon and then returned to Disney World for 11 days. It was great. A couple days to wet your appetite before the cruise, relax on the cruise then end strong at the parks. After a couple of days you'll have a sense of what you'll want to do when you come back.

I booked everything separately and got the best deals that way. We were also able to stow our luggage at the Poly for when we returned and brought only what we needed for the cruise. Not sure if the policy has changed in a post 9-11 era, but it's worth asking about. Look into AAA discounts when booking, they won't offer it to you but if you ask there's usually some available.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Yes, I completely agree with what other posters have said... Kingdom Konsultants are great. They will make everything a breeze for you. Happy Planning!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom