Planning Goody Bags, need help!

DisneyBound

I will be taking my family to WDW in September for the first time. My kids are 3.5, 9 and 15. I want to make up goody bags to give each of them prior to our trip (a few days before) as well as a goody bag for the 2 and 1/2 hour plane ride. I got the older kids pressed penny books, the 9yo an epcot passport and the youngest an autograph book & pen. So far that's it. Im coming up blank, especially for my 15yo.

For the airplane bag, I found disney stickers and coloring/activity books, disney fruitsnacks & drink for the little one but draw a blank for the older two...will they need something to keep them busy? They have already had 4 different guidebooks forced on them so they arent interested in that anymore :) Any ideas you might have would be most helpful!

cbj1979

How about a lanyard with a few pins to trade? Seemed like that was extremely popular with kids at the parks. And getting them before hand at the Disney stores is alot cheaper than buying them at the Parks.

Upvote 0
Well, I'd say don't forget the Disney Dollars! All four will appreciate those.

And how about some Disney tunes for the older ones, assuming they have portable CD players. If they don't want to listen to the soundtracks, there's Disney's Pop Hits (songs done by today's pop stars), Disney's Superstar Hits (the pop versions made popular from Disney movies), Simply Mad About the Mouse (older stars -- Billy Joel, Harry Conick, Jr. doing Disney hits) and, my favorite, The Best of Country Does the Best of Disney (country stars doing Disney hits).

Good luck and have fun!

Upvote 0

cruiseman

Definately disney dollars from your local disney store. Also order a vacation video free of charge from wdw.com that always gets em excited. Dont go to over board because the treats at the parks are something to wait for.

Upvote 0

kal1484

Get the 15 year old a portable cd player and some cds. It blocks out everyone, and gives them peace. Maybe get like an electronic game or something, two years ago, when we went, I had just my cd player. I like to color, so i had some coloring books too. Maybe I'm just weird. The Cd player is my best advice for the 15 year old :D

Upvote 0

Holly

Ya know, the reason why I'm beginning to become addicted to this site is because of posts like this ... and of course, the responses. :)

We're traveling in Nov. with a 7 year old and 5 year old ... the goodie bags are such a great idea.

But here's a question .... what's the deal with the pins? It's been so long since I've been to WDW - do you trade 'em with strangers? Wear 'em? Just buy 'em? Do tell!

Upvote 0

cuteypatooty78

Originally posted by Holly
....here's a question .... what's the deal with the pins? It's been so long since I've been to WDW - do you trade 'em with strangers? Wear 'em? Just buy 'em? Do tell!

What I've heard is that you trade them with CM's or other guests or just collect them.

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

Before I got sick of paying for all that film and developing and bought the kids a cheap digital camera, I used to put a disposable camera in each kid's goody bag. They loved getting to take their own pictures of whatever they felt was important--and it was fascinating to see what they chose (my then four year old carried around her photo of the glitter the fairy Godmother tossed from her parade float for weeks--yes she took a picture of confetti lying on the ground).

Other hits in our family (younger ones only--sorry), a walkman and Disney books with tapes (we have even checked out extras from our local library), Princess paper dolls, Disney Beanie Babies, Disney themed party favours from the local party supply store, glow in the dark necklaces and wands to be worn during the nighttime parades or fireworks, little lego or playmobile sets, those little die cast ride vehicles, the washcloths that get big in water (we asked for a cup of water on the plane after the meal, stuck them in and let them expand and then used them to clean up with), etc.

I also like to buy a new set of Disney PJs (I pick a set up whenever the Disney Store puts them on clearance) for each kid and pack them right on top (when the kids aren't looking). The kids look forward to knowing that at bed time they will get new, surprise Disney Jammies and it helps to make bedtime something to look forward to (since it can be so hard for them to want to sleep when they know all of the world is waiting).

Good luck, and have a great trip.

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
I think yuo can call WDW mailorder and have them send you a WDW 100 Years of Magic Handheld game. It's cute, pocket-size, interacts with the parks, but you can open up the levels before getting into the parks - though i'm not sure you'd want to, i'd rather have the levels activate as I explore the parks.

-Rob

Upvote 0

frazierle

Digital Camera and CD player (Radio Disney was the most popular). We had some older kids traveling with us and I brought my old Polaroid digital camera (<$50.00 from WalMart) for my son to use. They talked my son into letting them use it and ended up taking over 300 pictures in 5 days. Just bring batteries.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Wow, it sounds like you're already pretty organized. I'm wondering if the 15 year old might like a Disney Magazine or guidebook. I love looking through something like that leading up to a trip. It gets me in the mood and helps me plan out what I want to see. I would think a 15 year old would be mature enough for something like that.

:wave:

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

For the 15 year old definately Disney Dollars and an IZone camera from Polaroid, it is a fun camera, it prints tiny pictures on stickers. A phone card (cheap at Walmart) because what 15 year old can be away from the phone and friends. I have a 16 year old and when we went in April, he had to talk to his friends everyday! It made him happy that he could go out by the pool at night and talk for a few minutes with his friends back home. and don't forget the snacks!!! Have fun!!:)

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

I just thought of something else. The Disney Store has light chasers for $10 a lot cheaper than in the parks or at Fantasmic. There are also Disney playing cards and lots of other little toys for those goodie bags. We are going in October with another family and they have a 7 and a 10 year old girl and I am collecting little things to put in their rooms each day. T-shirts are 2 for $15 at the Disney Store right now. Can you tell I work there????:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I always make up a Disney crossword puzzle for my two (10 &13) to do on the flight (9hrs+). All the answers are associated with either Disney films, the parks or the "other" Orlando attractions. Its good fun to make and keeps the kids busy between the films on the plane. Have fun.

Upvote 0

MattsCath

How about those little facecloths you can get at the Disney Store and some other toiletries? I found some Lilo and Stitch ones that are only a few inches long, so they'd be easy to pack. I wouldn't get the CD player for the older child because that may encourage him/her to be antisocial/excluded from the family fun.
I do like the idea of the Polaroid camera. Half the fun of Disney is making memories and being able to photograph your fav parts!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom