planning for ohana

wdwlover

Original Poster
I have never been to Ohana - but was told it does a wonderful character breakfast. Wondering if this would fit better on a MK morning or an Epcot morning or does it matter????
Thanks
Also - any feedback on this breakfast would be great!!

wdwfan30

as far as i know ohana's is not a breakfast its a dinner.i've been many times and its great.i think the poly does have a minnie character breakfast though.

webmomom

I was there a couple of years ago and it was great. The interaction with the people is wonderful. there are plenty of characters that go around from table to table as well as a parade around the room with the kids young and old.

the meal is served family style all you want. If I remember correctly it was eggs, bacon, susage, potatos, pancakes or waffles.

General Grizz

I believe there is a character breakfast, but I've only been to the dinner. It's a WONDERFUL restaurant with some wonderful Cast Members.

Here is all the info I have on it: 'Ohana Character Breakfast - every morning in the Polynesian. Characters include Mickey, Chip and Dale. The meal is served family-style and features eggs, waffles, meats, breads, fruit and more. Breakfast $16.99-A/$8.99-C. Priority Seating is recommended.

We had a lil fun, actually, while at Ohanas. We had reservations for Ohanas, so we walked around the Polynesian, took a boat over to the MK, and what a wonderful sunset and evening on the Seven Seas Lagoon. Dinner brought us to Ohanas, where we also enjoyed a special viewing "Wishes."

The best part of the Poly/Seven Seas Lagoon? It's ORIGINAL and AUTHENTIC. :D

tigsmom

Though I have only been to 'Ohana for dinner We have friends who have been to the Character Breakfast and loved it. It would work well with either MK or EPCOT since you are on the monorail. The TTC is just behing the Poly...a short walk thru the grounds. Enjoy! :wave:

'Ohana Character Breakfast

Danijo

There's most definitely a character breakfast. We went in June. Priority Seating is a requirement as they were completely booked and walk-ups were being offered PS for other days.

The food is wonderful. To start you get a plate of bread - I don't even know how to describe it. It's Hawaiian bread with a pineapple flavor....YUM! Then they take your drink order and bring out a bowl of food. It's served family-style so the bowl contains scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and biscuits. I'm sure they could accomodate a special diet if you asked for it.

Not only did the characters visit each table but they also called the kids up for a conga line that wound around the whole restaurant. My 6-year-old loved it. It was good food and quick service.

I would recommend doing it on an MK day as the Monorail to MK is accessible from the same level as the restaurant. Call as soon as you can to make your PS. I will definitely do this character breakfast again!

wdwlover

Original Poster
ohanas

Thanks to everyone for the great information. I will definitely be on the phone tomorrow to see if i can get PS for breakfast....

Thanks so much

Sorcerer1

We went to Ohana's on our last visit, and won't miss it on any of our next trips. It's a must. Great atmosphere & interaction. Have fun!

bryon1

Kill two birds with one stone!!!

Have tonga Toast at Kona Cafe (just before Ohanas) then go to either park and then come back for dinner.

Ohanas I think IMO is a better resturant at night and if you plan it right you can watch fireworks thru the huge bay windows or right on the beach!!

Dont forget for desert each person at the table gets a 1/3 slice of pinapple and carmel dipping sauce with the pricce of dinner!

Have some Shrimp and the Chicken Satai for me B'ra!

tammycooley

:wave: My son and I love Ohana Character Breakfast!!! We have made a tradition of going here on our last day of our trip...We always get a table by the window so we can see the castle and the monorail moving down the track!! We wouldnt miss it!!! As a matter of fact..we are planning our trip for next June and that is on my list!!! :sohappy:

that_L_do_pig

The Ohana Character Breakfast is great with the themed costumes and the children's dancing around the beautifully themed restaraunt in WDW's best
resort! The kids loved it.

I recall Chip/Dale/Goofy and Mickey in their beaded skirts and Hawaiin shirts.

Standard WDW sit down breakfast food (same as Princess Breakfast in Norway) if I recall correctly.

It is a big place and was not crowded.

tammycooley

One of my favorite memories of this particular character breakfast is last year when we where there we were waiting for Chip to come sign my sons autograph book...we were already finished eating and it was taking just a little longer for him to make it to our table..When he did get to our table he signed my sons book--To Jacob...Love Chip.....To this day I have no idea how they knew what my sons name was...I can only strike it up to Disney Magic!!!!!!! But what a memory---for both my son and myself!!!!!

wdwlover

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone. Reservations have now been made for Ohana. I am taking my girls there Sunday - the day we are leaving. Thought we would have breakfast , then play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens - and maybe a little Disney Village before we catch our flight......

Maria

I would do the character breakfast somewhere else and leave Ohana´s for dinner. It´s superb! You won´t regret it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom