Planning for 10

Thecorsi4

Oh my goodness!!! The corsi 4 have made several trips to the world, The extended family has decided they want to experience Disney with us. I have never planned a vacation at this scale any advice would be appreciated.

We have already planned on not having to do all the things together all the time.
My mom wants to make sure we have dinners together, i am sure that getting ADR for 10 is going to be a challenge at Christmas time time

thanks in advance
Brian

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'm doing a family trip with 10 over Thanksgiving this year and am also worried about dining. I originally thought we just wouldn't do any ADRs but during my planning in my head I keep thinking about ADRs. I've only ever planned trips for 4 people so I feel really out of my element.

Upvote 0

scoobygirl39541

We have a group of 8 going next month. I had to split many ADRs into parties of 4 and 4. Fingers crossed we get to sit together, but I completely understand if they can't accommodate all of us.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
This thread may give you some ideas:

It sounds like you’ve already discussed it a little. I think the most important thing is to agree on when you’ll be together and when each family does their own thing. Followed by trying to manage their expectations - as in there is more than one park, the place is huge, you cannot do it all in one trip etc.

Personally, having discussed this, I would create a rough plan of parks, breaks, dinner for your family based on your own style, and ear mark certain times as your own. And invite the others to join you at “these times, if you wish”.

Upvote 0

Thecorsi4

Original Poster
I'm doing a family trip with 10 over Thanksgiving this year and am also worried about dining. I originally thought we just wouldn't do any ADRs but during my planning in my head I keep thinking about ADRs. I've only ever planned trips for 4 people so I feel really out of my element.
i understand the out of your element. I feel like i can plan for four people with my eyes closed.. I even find it to be one of the best parts of the trip. this one has me nervous for sure.

Upvote 0

ppet

If you are doing ADRs for more than 8, it sometimes helps to call the restaurant direct. Homecomings was able to set us at a large table, while La Celle and Yak and Yeti were able to set us at tables next to each other.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

The easiest? That would be to decide what you want to do, then tell everyone else that this is what you are doing and they are welcome to join you if they want. But anything that needs a reservation, you will need to know by(give a date), and say that you will try to get everyone in. I would also limit an everyone sit down to once a day or every other day. That is a big group to try to get seated together depending on the restaurant. Depending on what your travel group is like, you might have to make it very clear to them that you tour in a specific way and are not going to keep changing your plans. Big groups are tough, especially if you have several with strong personalities and different ideas on how things should go. I have seen so many groups just standing around and saying, "what are we going to do next". Good luck

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Honestly, I might get a travel agent involved. That way the full weight of planning is not on your shoulders.

Has the whole group sat down and understood what "planning" at Disney means? Some people are super-planners, some people are the opposite, and touring style run the gamut.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom