Planning for '05 which plan

sun_sational

Hi Im already planning for our trip next may to WDW, my question is this: this time we like to do one the add on plans this time: silver,gold or platnium which is the better one to get? We planning on staying at the conciege level at animal kingdom lodge for 4 nights 5 days, it just the hubby and me

Also I saw on ebay the meal tickets for sale I have heard dont buy from ebay because they are over priced your better off buying off the website because it only 11.50 for q&c or $30.00 for premium (ebay you might pay up to $20.00 for the q&C ones or 60.00 for the premuims) are they really worth it does anyone know?

Thanks!

steveNJ

For 2 of you and already going concierge, I wouldn't do the platinum package. I just booked Dec. of 2005 and went through it all, Platinum was $1000.00 more than gold (7night stay, Contemp tower). You'd have to do every tour twice to really get your money worth and in 4 nights (which is really more like 3.5 - 4 days depending on when you arrive and leave) you probably won't have the time for that.

With 2 people the silver is very adequate (depending on how much you eat). The wife and I did it a couple years back and generally just got a muffin in the morning and used the wishes for dinners. Add in the concierge level with all day snacking and your covered for food.

We chose gold this year as we are going with our son (almost 4yrs when we go) and can do a character breakfast every morning and eat anywhere we want at night, I'm studying the guides to find all the 3 dollar sign restaurants $$$ :)

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I generally agree with Steve, and suggest you do a search on Platinum and Plans as there have been a number of discussions on this lately.

My preference for overall value and flexability is the Silver plan, especially with you doing concierge (makes Platinum redundant). Silver gives you 2 wishes per person per day, so for the two of you, you get a total of 20 wishes that can be used in any combination (you can use 6 wishes on one day, none on another etc.). Check the Silver summary and plan your meals/activities accordingly. You can eat at most restaurants for one wish, so can do lunch and dinner every day, or dinner and many activities. Cirque du Soleil is two wishes, but worth it. IMHO, most two wish dinners aren't a bargain with the plan. If you golf or do spa visits, it is well worth it.

So, do a general agenda for meals and activities. If you alternate, then silver will cover you well. If you want full meals plus activities each day, then gold may be better. They have good comparisons on the Disney site:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/packageComparison?tab=1&Year=2005

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...w?id=DreamMakerPages&tabId=DreamMaker2005Page

I would suggest printing the following brochure (or equivalents for gold) for your reference as it is a great summary and listing of restaurants for planning purposes:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...pecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/F_SilverWDTC.pdf

Upvote 0

sun_sational

Original Poster
Clemson tiger are you going to disney oct 2? I am too the 2-6th way asking :)

I was thinking the silver plan but when you get to look at all the the options it gets mind rambling, I think thats what we will do the silver for next year

Thanks!

Upvote 0

longfamily

platinum ideal

Most people get confused when choosing plans. The difference between the Platinum plan and conceirge are huge! The only "perk" that concierge offers that is already included in the platinum is turn-down service. With the Platinum plan you get wonderful extras that are not included in the other add-on's such as the fireworks cruise (A+++ experience), a dinner option at Victoria & Albert's (also one of the most wonderful experiences on the planet), in-room child care (as well as the kid's clubs), VERY good seats at Cirque Du Soliel (other add-on's may get seats, but not like these), a spa treatment, and Special tours such as Dolphins in-depth and the scuba experience "Dive Quest". Consider these options and the fact that your food options expand as well to include a daily snack and the use of "free" room service. The best perk that comes with Platinum is the gift that you recieve from disney. These change ever so often. Last year we recieved a very expensive crystal Tinker Bell. Concerierge cannot provide these things and niether can any other package. This is a truely wonderful way to experience Disney and my family will not do it any other way. However, 4 days is not likely to give you enough time to experience all of these things. We typically go for 10 days and try to get it all accomplished and always come very close and miss a tiny bit. If food is your biggest draw to the packages, go silver...If you love to be spoiled, go platinum. I hope this helps

Upvote 0

Moonshadow1

The best way I have found to figure out what plan to purchase is to decide exactly what you have an intrest in doing and seeing which plan fits.

On our recent trip we were at the poly conc. Plus we had the gold plan. The food options were doubled. Breakfast usually ended up at the conc. lounge. But lunch and dinner were where ever and what ever.

But where ours really paid off was the mouse boat rentals. It would have cost us $300 for the two of us to use them as much as we did.

Just a word of advice, if you do buy a plan with meals included. Many people try to get their money's worth. When you think about dinning, just rember just because you can get an appitizer, entree and a dessert for breakfast lunch and dinner everyday does not mean you should. We saw many folks trying to stuff themselves because they had already paid for it.

Think of it more as you paid for the convence (sp?) not the quanity. The thrill, if you will, of looking at the menu and saying yes I think I will have the $34 Veal Chop. Not saying " the veal sounds good, but I just had the $42 lobster last night."

Oh and the waitstaff will not help you with this. Once they find out you are on the gold or which ever plan. They are right there to help you choose a starter, or dessert. "Are you sure, it is included in the plan" was frequently heard. Your best intrests are not whats on their mind, their tip is. Its included. The more you order, the more they get.

Upvote 0

longfamily

what we usually do in the case of overeating, is we "sample" our meals instead of overstuffing. Although the app, entre, and des. are included in the meal, we all order different appetizers so we can try a few, we eat the entre, the we take a spoonful or two of dessert and be on our way. each restaurant has a different menu so it's fun to try alot of different cuisine. Doing this not only gives you the most obvious opportunity to sample new things but also helps the waitstaff make money. It's already paid for anyway so it's not like you have to shell out extra money to them. Realistically, waitstaff make most of there income from tips anyway so what's wronge with helping them achieve thier goal?:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom