Planning first trip as husband and wife

GJM724

Hi All,

I just got married in the start of the month, and have started planning our first Disney trip as a couple. This is the first time I will be to Disney outside of attending for a convention or work trip. I was thinking of going from May 11 - May 19th. Is this is a good time to visit? What have the crowds been like this time of year?

Any other suggestions for booking as a couple?

dreamfinder

I looked that up and it is a little cheaper, and is on my radar. Can you use magic bands for tickets, opening doors, etc... with renting a DVC

If you do a DVC point rental it works functionally the same as if you booked a room for a family member. The owner makes the reservation in your name, you will get Magic Bands, can have DME booked for you etc. The only real trade offs are as follows - no daily housekeeping unless you pay for it, and you don't own the reservation, and its usually non refundable. If you need to make changes, then the DVC owner will need to make them for you. It shouldn't be a big issue, you usually won't make many changes, and if you do need to make them the broker should require the owner to do them in a reasonable amount of time.

Upvote 0

GJM724

Original Poster
If you do a DVC point rental it works functionally the same as if you booked a room for a family member. The owner makes the reservation in your name, you will get Magic Bands, can have DME booked for you etc. The only real trade offs are as follows - no daily housekeeping unless you pay for it, and you don't own the reservation, and its usually non refundable. If you need to make changes, then the DVC owner will need to make them for you. It shouldn't be a big issue, you usually won't make many changes, and if you do need to make them the broker should require the owner to do them in a reasonable amount of time.

The one problem is paying upfront right now, which I would rather pay later closer to the trip, and there is a chance my travel plans might change, so that is my biggest hesitation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom