Planning Feb Trip

OK, So Im planning a Feb trip for a 6 night/7 day stay at Disney DLX hotel.

My first dilemma is what the weather will be like? What should we plan to pack and will we have ANY pool days? What is the avg temp - morning, noon, night?

Second which deluxe to stay at? Originally I was booked at Bay Lake in December, that trip was scratched. Between Bay Lake - If Available (Studio MK view), Contemp Cheapest (Tower MK View), Grand (MK View), or Poly (MK View). I am travelling with my wife and 3 year old daughter. I plan on using the DLX dining so good restaurant options are a must. So where should I stay?

Last, any chance I hit a nice promotion going during this time, I know the crowds are very light before PRES day? Will I get lucky with a buy 4 get 3 free?

Mardi Gras is Feb 16th, so I should be fine going 1-7
This is when I want to go back to the World. I have to wait until rates and promotions are released. I can only go if there are some good deals.

For where to stay - everytime I go past Poly on the monorail I think about how pretty it is. Never had the opportunity to stay there, but I heard great things

Upvote 0

mikegiordano0

Original Poster
This is when I want to go back to the World. I have to wait until rates and promotions are released. I can only go if there are some good deals.

For where to stay - everytime I go past Poly on the monorail I think about how pretty it is. Never had the opportunity to stay there, but I heard great things

I need/want a promotion myself but I will book it when the rates are released and hope for the best. I figure if I book in August, and go with DLX dining I have almost 6 months to pay it off. Once paid off I need to only bring money for tips, souvenirs, and emergency cash. If/when a promotion comes out Ill call a CM add it to my package and save cash, but until it does I figure it out without it.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

The Second week in Feb, isnt that Pres. weekend? That is when we are going in 2010... and people keep telling me that crowds are crazy. How bad are they?
We have been a bunch of times around Pres. week and it does get busy. Nothing like Christmas/New Years, but pretty busy nonetheless. Actually, I just booked the week after Pres. wk today and had no trouble which is rare for dvc.

Upvote 0

lumpydj

The Second week in Feb, isnt that Pres. weekend? That is when we are going in 2010... and people keep telling me that crowds are crazy. How bad are they?

The 2nd week in Feb is 2/7 - 2/13. President's Day is 2/15. We're going the 2nd week in Feb 2010. :sohappy: Went for a few days that week in 2009. It was getting busy on Friday and I'm sure it'll be busy on the Sat - but the rest of the week should be slow. Pres Day week gets busier until mid week - but not insane like mid April. :brick:

Upvote 0

Tinkyroo

It can be cold to hot in Feburary. One time when we went it was so hot but was told the week before was so cold. So, just watch the weather forecast before you leave.

As long as you avoid anytime around presidents day - mainly that week you will be fine as far as crowds. Northerners get that entire week off and it seems all of them go to WDW! :)

Upvote 0
We have been a bunch of times around Pres. week and it does get busy. Nothing like Christmas/New Years, but pretty busy nonetheless. Actually, I just booked the week after Pres. wk today and had no trouble which is rare for dvc.

Where did you book at for DVC? we are booked at the Boardwalk Villas the 12th-18th. We wanted a BW view and ended up with a garden/pool view and on waitlist for BW view.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom