Planning DL trip in October...so many Questions!

Kristamouse

Original Poster
We have a family wedding in Irvine California on October 18 th. we are hoping to be able to take our family of 7 there ( DS9, DD8, DD5, DS3 and DS5 months). We will travel the week leading to the wedding or the week after the wedding.
I was hoping to gain some insight on fall breaks in Califorina and fall crowds. While we have 10+ trips under our belt to WDW and ave felt with largish crowds but I am a bit nervous about DL crowds.
I was also curious about the Costco discounts on good neighbor hotels/packages.
I was thinking of a 4 day trip to DL and the rest with the family on Irvine.
Any suggestion or input will be helpful:)
We are getting so excited!

jmb2676

We were at Disneyland in October this past year. Crowds were bad on Sunday but the park was open until Midnight so we just went with it and had a great time. Monday was a bit lighter and by Tuesday everything was down to a 10-15 minute wait. I would say that crowds aren't really an issue unless there on the weekend. We were at Universal Hollywood the Friday before going to Disneyland and it wasn't all that bad either.

westie

Much like WDW, DLR has no off season. The best bet is to go mid-week (m-th). There are some good free apps which will give you up to the minute ride times so you can gauge ride times during the week. I would also think the closer to haloween you go the busier it will be.

Kristamouse

Original Poster
JillC Li I haven't looked into AAA and glossed over Costco because we are waiting for our school calendar to come out. The insane winter here has pushed back when the County school meet to create 14/15 school year calendar. Once that is published then our Bishop meets with Pariochal school Principals to make our Calendar. At this rate it will be July:(

JillC LI

JillC Li I haven't looked into AAA and glossed over Costco because we are waiting for our school calendar to come out. The insane winter here has pushed back when the County school meet to create 14/15 school year calendar. Once that is published then our Bishop meets with Pariochal school Principals to make our Calendar. At this rate it will be July:(

It's been an insane winter by NY standards too. I'll look into Costco discounts - thanks for mentioning it.

osjm76

We have a family wedding in Irvine California on October 18 th. we are hoping to be able to take our family of 7 there ( DS9, DD8, DD5, DS3 and DS5 months). We will travel the week leading to the wedding or the week after the wedding.
I was hoping to gain some insight on fall breaks in Califorina and fall crowds. While we have 10+ trips under our belt to WDW and ave felt with largish crowds but I am a bit nervous about DL crowds.

osjm76

We gone the last 3 years in October. The crowds aren't to bad at DL just get there early a good hotel is the best western park place on harbor about a five min walk to the front entrance or the tropicana on harbor they run about $130 a night you really can't go wrong with these two hotels good luck have fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom