Planning a trip for the 50th Anniversary for Disney World

BigBlu2k7

I am planning on going to Disney World during the 50th anniversary and I was wanting non-peak periods. This will be my first going during an anniversary celebration. Is it possible that there might be some non-peak periods? Will it be busier during beginning and end or the middle of celebration? What could I expect for and from the celebration?

Thank you all for all tips and feedback.

DisFanMark

This is a tough question as there hasn't been any info given on when (or even if) or how long any possible 'celebration' may be, just supposition and presumption. If there is one and if it is of fairly long length, it will be less busy toward the end of it. But, this is a case where you really will need to wait and see.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Is it possible that there might be some non-peak periods?
With many things scheduled to open then or just before then, especially Star Wars, I expect that to be a very busy time.

In the past, many celebrations began on or just before October 1 and lasted 15-18 months.

If there is any slower times, it may be late August into September due to hurricanes.

Upvote 0

MickeyMan36

I always find that the last two weeks of September and the first week of October are really slow times. It's also still really warm. It can be rainy though.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

I always find that the last two weeks of September and the first week of October are really slow times. It's also still really warm. It can be rainy though.
Well Incam tell you that the last two weeks of September 2018 was a madhouse. Just spent 2 weeks and the parks felt dangerously over crowded.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

I am planning on going to Disney World during the 50th anniversary and I was wanting non-peak periods. This will be my first going during an anniversary celebration. Is it possible that there might be some non-peak periods? Will it be busier during beginning and end or the middle of celebration? What could I expect for and from the celebration?

Thank you all for all tips and feedback.
You should not try to choose your dates based on low crowds. Those days are long gone. You may get lucky and get one slow day but go into expecting wall to wall crowds because that’s what it’s goung to be the entire 50th celebration

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
I went during the 40th, like we were at MK on Oct. 1st, it was crazy busy that day but the week overall wasn't any busier than my previous October or December trips have been.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I went the last week in September and first week of October in both 2015 and 2016 and it was very crowded!! I think the Halloween parties and the Food & Wine Festival were really bringing in the crowds. Even Animal Kingdom was busy.

Upvote 0

MickeyMan36

I went the last week in September and first week of October in both 2015 and 2016 and it was very crowded!! I think the Halloween parties and the Food & Wine Festival were really bringing in the crowds. Even Animal Kingdom was busy.
Any other suggestions? I find that the worse times are when any school is out.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Well no because the only times I've been that time of year are the last week in September and first week of October lol. I've also been twice in March and once in August. I just plan my vacation when it's convenient for me and my husband, go in expecting bad crowds, and then be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a light crowd day. If not, I'll just park hop to another park and hope there are lighter crowds there :joyfull:

Upvote 0

MickeyMan36

Well no because the only times I've been that time of year are the last week in September and first week of October lol. I've also been twice in March and once in August. I just plan my vacation when it's convenient for me and my husband, go in expecting bad crowds, and then be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a light crowd day. If not, I'll just park hop to another park and hope there are lighter crowds there :joyfull:
I hope on to The Touring Plans sight and look at what park are expecting a slower day. I agree. Our family just goes when it is convenient for us and we expect big crowds. The big crowds don't really bother us. We know how to manage it. That's what happens when you do to DW all of the time!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I think that certain periods will be very crowded and the rest will be whatever normal is in 3 years. With October 1, 2021 being on a Friday, the Magic Kingdom will be crowded that entire weekend I would expect. I would expect that Disney will use at least an entire year for the celebration marketing and advertising. January has been a slower month, but the parks usually have shorter hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom