Planning A Trip For 09!

disneyorbust09

Hey guys! I joined just to ask your for help from your expertise. I'm planning a trip with some friends for 2009, not sure when. What would you guys recommend in terms of resorts? We're looking at moderates right now. What about the meal plan? Is it worth it? And one more question. It's my wife's and her friends husband's 1st time in Disney. What could I do to make it special for them? Thanks in advance!

jeffk410

hmmm

Tons of different options. It always depends on how many people and then age groups. For moderate Resorts i am a huge fan of carribean beach resort and PORS both are imo two of the best Moderate resorts. Next i have only done DDP once. Simply because i do not like always being stuck to a time for reservations. I will always atleast do one character meal though. Also i reccommend just taking a day to show your first timers the detail WDW has and what amazes me is the size and all of the resorts. Its different for everyone but just have fun.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Hey guys! I joined just to ask your for help from your expertise. I'm planning a trip with some friends for 2009, not sure when.

(1) What would you guys recommend in terms of resorts? We're looking at moderates right now.

(2) What about the meal plan? Is it worth it?
And one more question.

(3) It's my wife's and her friends husband's 1st time in Disney. What could I do to make it special for them? Thanks in advance!

(1) Port Orleans Riverside - Each has their own opinion when it comes to the Resorts. Honestly speaking, the Moderates are an excellent value for the money. Specifically, we really enjoy the theming of POR (Port Orleans Riverside). It's got a lot of content for moderate $. And, depending on what time you're looking at, you may be able to get an Annual Pass Discount or a seasonal discount.

(2) I've never used the meal plan, so I can't speak in detail, but many like it a lot. It's also been included with some off-season packages FREE recently. Keep your eyes out here at wdwmagic for the latest about Annual Pass discounts, dining plan packages, etc.

(3) One of the best pieces of advice I can give is try not to overwhelm them. It's easy for someone new to WDW to get burnt out. Take advantage of FastPass and Extra Magic Hours to maximize your experience and minimize your time in line. Also, the off-season (which has become busier recently) is probably the best time to introduce someone to "The World" due to the shorter lines, easier access to attractions, and [slightly] slower pace.

*Note: I don't know how familiar you are w/ all things WDW, but an Annual Pass can be a great option for at least one member of your group. The price is about equivalent to 10 or so days in the parks, but the advantages can far outweigh the additional cost. For one, you may be able to get as much as $55 or so off at a moderate (we stayed at POR last year - normally $149/nt - for $94/nt.). Only one member of the group need have an Annual Pass to get this discount. Additionally, I think that you can reserve up to four rooms with a single Annual Pass, so you can work things out for your whole party. On top of that, you can get additional dining discounts (10% at select table service restaurants). You also have the option of purchasing the Disney Dining Experience (now called "Tables in Wonderland, or something along those lines). It entitles you to 20% off food & drinks at most table-service restaurants and some food courts.

Welcome to the site and enjoy all of the great info you'll find here!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You sure asked some pretty big questions in that short post! :lol:
For moderates, Port Orleans (Riverside or French Quarter) or Caribbean Beach Resort are probably your best choices. Depending on when you are travelling and if discounts are available Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge may be a viable option. You don't say how long you are planning your stay for, that may have an impact in choices (as well as time of year).

Making the best of the dining plan takes a little park savvy in my opinion, so it may not be the best option for you in my judgement.

As there are over a hundred restaurants on Disney property, planning can be a challenge. What do you like? Sit down, fine dining, hit and run, entertainment, atmosphere? There are several "Disney unique" opportunities, character meals....and on.

It would also be a good idea to buy one or two Disney travel guides. Birnbaum is popular as is Unofficial Guide. The unofficial guide tends to offer a more independent assessment. Both are good for getting to familiarize yourself with what is available and maps to help plan your visit.

Planning to an extent is very important as WDW is a very big place. You will not be able to see and do everything, so it is good to set some priorities to help.

If you have not made reservations yet, consider using kingdom Konsultants to arrange for your travel, agenda and all reservations. They are a great friend to the site here and do not charge you a fee for these services. The best thing about them is you deal with real people...and if ever you have a question or need help, they are there. It takes a lot of bother from your vacation.

Feel free to leave some more follow-up questions here on slightly more specific topics, also feel free to PM me with additional questions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom