Planning a special occasion meal at an Epcot restaurant

Bender123

Original Poster
Its been five years since my last trip to the World and it seems the ability to enter a special occasion in the reservations is now gone...In the past the biggest celebration event for me has been some birthdays and anniversaries, which weren't major issues.

We will be going to WDW in late July and I was hoping to propose to my GF at Biergarten. Its a weird location, but we are both WDW, beer, Polka and German food fanatics...yes, we actually wear Lederhosen/Dirndl to beer fests and Oktoberfest...

Is there any way to contact the restaurant so I can make this special (maybe get the band included) or is it something that really isn't supported by some restaurants?

As a special note: Worrying about a "no" isn't an issue here, as we already talk about it and have plans...just want to "make it official" in a place that would be special.

belledream

You have to call to add celebrations to your dining reservations - which you should definitely do. I'm sure Biergarten has celebrated birthdays and such, but you should call and say something at the podium upon check in as well. This sounds super cute!

Bender123

Original Poster
You have to call to add celebrations to your dining reservations - which you should definitely do. I'm sure Biergarten has celebrated birthdays and such, but you should call and say something at the podium upon check in as well. This sounds super cute!

Thanks for your help! I wasn't sure if this was something the dining line could do.

I just didn't want to do "another" in front of the castle one...I am much more of a WDW fan than she is, Biergarten is much more "us" and the kids will all be with us that day, which would make it much more special to have family there.

I did get a dinner reservation for California Grill the next night and my mother is taking the kids for the night, which will be a nice night to get out together for a celebration/date night. We like fancy meals and I cant wait for that night out, but, strange as it sounds, an obnoxious polka band is a much better fit for us :)

belledream

Thanks for your help! I wasn't sure if this was something the dining line could do.

I just didn't want to do "another" in front of the castle one...I am much more of a WDW fan than she is, Biergarten is much more "us" and the kids will all be with us that day, which would make it much more special to have family there.

I did get a dinner reservation for California Grill the next night and my mother is taking the kids for the night, which will be a nice night to get out together for a celebration/date night. We like fancy meals and I cant wait for that night out, but, strange as it sounds, an obnoxious polka band is a much better fit for us :)
I totally get it! Biergarten is such a beautiful place too. Love the outside-but-inside feel. I bet it would also come as more of a surprise than a fancy meal... ;)

correcaminos

That sounds fun! Definitely call Disney and have it added. They may want to work with you and make it kind of special. You could always try to embarrass the crap out of her with the polka band LOL

contrariwise

I would definitely call. Are you staying at a WDW resort? If so, I would let the concierge know as well upon check in. And then, for sure, I would try to slip into the restaurant and give them a heads up before hand too. Not sure if that's possible, but I would try to cover all bases. Sounds like so much fun!

Bender123

Original Poster
That sounds fun! Definitely call Disney and have it added. They may want to work with you and make it kind of special. You could always try to embarrass the crap out of her with the polka band LOL

Oh I am sure there will be video and I really want to embarrass her with the band! I doubt they get too much of this type of thing at that place, so maybe they will really want to get into it.

We are staying at the CBR, so it will have a lot of construction, but who am I to turn down $75 a night for the loss of some restaurants I wouldn't waste my time at? I will definitely call ahead and check in with the concierge...hopefully they can do some magic behind the scenes.

correcaminos

Oh I am sure there will be video and I really want to embarrass her with the band! I doubt they get too much of this type of thing at that place, so maybe they will really want to get into it.

We are staying at the CBR, so it will have a lot of construction, but who am I to turn down $75 a night for the loss of some restaurants I wouldn't waste my time at? I will definitely call ahead and check in with the concierge...hopefully they can do some magic behind the scenes.
If you are able, post videos. This would be so fun to see! My son adores that place and I nearly booked it for our next trip due to the 20% AP discount. He has so much fun with the polka band.

CBR is a great deal right now. I'd have a hard time passing that up too! Hopefully Disney can help out and if you need to chat with a hostess you can always say you have to go to the bathroom and head in the right direction. I hope all goes well for you with this meal :)

LeighM

Like others have said, call the Dining phone number and they will add it. When I did that for our anniversary trip in 2015, only one restaurant actually acknowledged the celebration and that was at Sanaa. So definitely talk to the staff at the restaurant when you check in for your ADR so that they are all aware.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom