Planning a Solo Trip

MissViv

Hi There,

Planning a solo trip and looking at the first week in March 2020 or the first week in May 2020.

Which would be the best time? March is early enough (before Spring Breaks, I think). Temps could be cooler especially early morning and evening. Crowds look to be about the same for either date. May is starting to get hot already but not too hot.

For those of you who have been at either date, please post comments and suggestions.

Looking a renting DVC points and getting a studio or booking a moderate resort. Love those deluxes, though. POFQ is sold out for March, which would be my first pick.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I vote May. I went the second week of May last year and it was by far the best weather we’ve had on a trip. Plus spring breaks are over and by that point crowds will be slightly better. My college had spring break early March so some schools may be on spring break that week in early March. Either way a solo trip sounds amazing!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Either month works. The good thing about going solo is you arent restricted by waiting for someone else, you can go at your own pace making your own best decisions, wander more where you want to go and also take advantage of single rider lines where they are available. So you can get more done in a day. The only downside is getting used to doing things alone and not sharing your excitement with a friend or family member. I enjoy being able to be more interactive with the CM's and others around me. Enjoy going solo, it is a great experience to have.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards May and going solo because my DH no longer wants to travel to Disney and I love it so. He will stay home and cat sit. I don't mind being alone and think it would be a wonderful experience. I have a niece that lives in Tampa that may join me for a day.

I am only planning on staying 3 or 4 nights. Need to get back home to hubby and our 2 cats.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Easter is mid-April next year, so early March would be good. But looking at rack rates, Jan 20 - Feb 12 is value season with the lowest rates of the year, so I'm guessing occupancy predictions for that time period are already low. By the first week of March, they're starting to climb into Spring season with accompanying boosts in rates.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Original Poster
I booked Pop for 3/02 - lots of availability right now but no French Quarter which I wanted. My solo trip has turned into my niece coming from Tampa to spend time with me, so that will be nice!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom