Planning a Proposal

GrimmGhosts999

to me, you dont have to listen to me, but i wish you'd do it somewhere where not everyone has done it. i've read so many stories of being proposed to in front of the castle or at cinderellas castle or during the fireworks. its really beautiful and romantic, but its not personal to me. why not do it on or in front of her favorite attraction.. or favorite restaurant or something that the 2 of you love and its your "spot". my fiance could've proposed to me at california grill at our window seat during the fireworks, but he proposed at the top of spaceship earth with the shooting stars and to me, that was the best proposal in the world. it was unique and personal. ok once again, dont listen to me if you dont want haha

p.s. to me, i would've had a clue that you were proposing if you had a window seat at cinderellas castle during the fireworks. to me, that screams proposal

i think i'm going to take your advice. As much as I'd like to do it in front of the castle, I want it to be a little more private. Plus...at the time we're going, they're paintign the castle and I don't want to see cranes in the background when i'm proposing. So i think i wil do it in EPCOT.....at the France pavilion. She's a fan of Beauty and the Beast and there is a window mural that depicts the film.m I think i'll do it there.....just before Illuminations. Sounds good to me.....

:sohappy:

MeTa

I popped the question in front of the castle and if you are worried about it being less intimate heres my take.....

No one really saw it happen, after watching the video I have of it. And the females just want the ring.

Good luck, have fun.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Well gang just a little update I went and met her dad for the first time over labor day and things went good so now its just planning talking to him about that famous question that I want to ask his daughter and then pop the question time.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Yep she has two older sisters and they both are already married and ones got a child already. Im the last hope of doing things right and asking her dad before I ask her to marry me. Both her sisters husbands really didn't care too much about that but I do so I think Ill be on standing.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm thinking about taking her to Epcot that morning and getting a getting a plaque made for the Leave A Legacy that has feb 14th 2007 on it and our photo. She would have no clue that im proposing that day and I think it would be cool to do that and it will throw her off even more and more. I Love Planning all this.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Well I thought I would post a little update on everything. Its the new Year and things for the engagement are coming together great, disney called me back and things are all set and the reservations are a go. In other bad news I lost my job due to my boss closing up shop on the 29th of Dec and have been out of work for a week and sick with the flu :hurl:. The only good news is I graduated with my AA and now I can work Full Time so now just to find a full time job to pay for everything. Well I'll keep everyone updated on things.

Dukeblue1016

Just chimming in to say... well I'm 22 now, graduating this spring, so is my girlfriend. I feel to young to propose... but we've been together 6 years, and I was recently best man at my brother's wedding and its got me extremely excited about proposing. We talk all the time about spending the rest of our lives together so I know I don't have to fear her saying no, but I'm afraid of popping it too soon. I'm planning on taking a trip to Disney for New Years next year... and I think that'd be the perfect time to pop the question (we'll both be 23 then) because... 1) she wouldn't be expecting it at all then, she'll be in grad school and I'll have just started working full time only a few months before... 2) I want to do it in Disney and we've been the past three years, so if we go for New Years... she won't want to go too soon after, and if we plan another trip when we're say 24 or 25... she might expect me too do something, and 3) I am really excited about proposing and we'll have been together almost 7 years by then... I just think it'd be the perfect time...

I feel that is wayyyyyyyyyy to grown up for me though... I mean, I just turned 22... I'm graduating this spring like I said above (which I'm scared about), have a job for when I graduate though, but I still feel like I'm 18... It is a full year away though... can I really mature that much in that time??? I don't know...

any thoughts? You guys don't know me or my girlfriend so its hard to give realistic advice... but I gave you some details... we're seniors in college and have been together since sophomore year of high school... my buddies were ragging on me to do it for graduation... I was like "wayyyyy too soon" but it did get me thinking...

Oh and goodluck/congrats to those who have written above me!

PinMadness

Just chimming in to say... well I'm 22 now, graduating this spring, so is my girlfriend. I feel to young to propose... but we've been together 6 years, and I was recently best man at my brother's wedding and its got me extremely excited about proposing. We talk all the time about spending the rest of our lives together so I know I don't have to fear her saying no, but I'm afraid of popping it too soon. I'm planning on taking a trip to Disney for New Years next year... and I think that'd be the perfect time to pop the question (we'll both be 23 then) because... 1) she wouldn't be expecting it at all then, she'll be in grad school and I'll have just started working full time only a few months before... 2) I want to do it in Disney and we've been the past three years, so if we go for New Years... she won't want to go too soon after, and if we plan another trip when we're say 24 or 25... she might expect me too do something, and 3) I am really excited about proposing and we'll have been together almost 7 years by then... I just think it'd be the perfect time...

I feel that is wayyyyyyyyyy to grown up for me though... I mean, I just turned 22... I'm graduating this spring like I said above (which I'm scared about), have a job for when I graduate though, but I still feel like I'm 18... It is a full year away though... can I really mature that much in that time??? I don't know...

any thoughts? You guys don't know me or my girlfriend so its hard to give realistic advice... but I gave you some details... we're seniors in college and have been together since sophomore year of high school... my buddies were ragging on me to do it for graduation... I was like "wayyyyy too soon" but it did get me thinking...

Oh and goodluck/congrats to those who have written above me!

I am 23 and my boyfriend is 24. We've been together for just under five years.

As much as I want to be engaged and start planning a rocking wedding, I don't think we are ready. Emotionally or financially.

He has a full-time job and makes decent money, but I am still plugging along trying to get my BA. I did the Disney College Program which set me a semester back. It was worth it, but now I am trying to play catch up.

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this summer. I introduced the couple while we were on the College Program. My boyfriend was an usher. It totally made us want to tie the knot as soon as possible, but really, we know we should wait.

Given your situation, next New Year's sounds like an ideal time for you. And who says just because you're engaged, you have to get married right away? It seems that for your situation, it is definately not too soon to get engaged. But you may want to put off the wedding until she is done with Grad School and you both have steady, full-time jobs.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Well Im 23 and my girlfriends 19 and she will be 20 when we plan on getting married and we are both will be finished with college we were get married but like the person above me said just cus your engaged doesnt mean you have to be married right away. personally my girlfriend and I are ready, we have been together for 4+ years and cant wait to spend the rest of our lives together.

diddy_mouse

My husband proposed in front of the "Partners" statue 3 years ago. We just celebrated our 1st anniversary last year and can't wait to do an anniversary trip!

The great thing about my proposal was that fact it was my husband's first trip to WDW ever(it was a post-college graduation trip) and I had no clue he was planning to do it then. That set the tone for the rest of the week!!

Here's one of my pics:
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/medium/proposal2.jpg

Dukeblue1016

Yeah, if I do end up proposing this time next year, that'll be say Winter 2008, and the earliest I'd want to get married would be Summer 2009; I certainly would not want to rush into that; possibly even Summer 2010 (that'd probably be the latest though).

I know her and I will definitely spend the rest of our lives together; but again, both being engaged and beign married seems so adult to me... but I will be 23... and I wouldn't consider that young to be engaged... because, I'd be getting married at 24 or 25... which is basically when I want to...

Oh geez... looks like I have a proposal to prepare... :eek:

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok well I thought I would post a little update on here for those of you that have been keeping up with my postings. I finally got a new job and things are back on track for me and ready to go. I talked to her Father last thursday night and he told me I could propose as along as we take a trip up to see him and talk to him after we are engaged so everythings working out great and Im so looking more and more forward to it as the date gets closer. Well thats all for now my next post will probably be after I propose to keep checking back folks.

RobertR2

Hey everyone! Would someone be able to post the number for CRT? I thought I had the correct number (407) 824-4477, and I get a recording indictating it as such.

However I have left three messages: Sunday, Wednesday and Friday, and still not received a response back. The message indicates a call back should be expected within 72 hours... but there's been no luck at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom