Planet Coaster

disneySimple2016

The beta so far have no Impact on my PC Grid, I enjoy placing themes, and building Tunnels of my Park for Any transport rides! The Lighting Effects are amazing, and the music!

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
I've uploaded 7 or 8 naked "coasters" so far to the workshop. I really enjoy making small coasters that I know people can use because it will fit in any park.

Jahona

Launch Trailer for Planet Coaster is out. Also Rock Paper Shotgun gave it high praises. I'm resisting purchasing this game until next payday....

With steam workshop integration it's only a matter of time before we see a pretty decent Disney Park.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Launch Trailer for Planet Coaster is out. Also Rock Paper Shotgun gave it high praises. I'm resisting purchasing this game until next payday....

With steam workshop integration it's only a matter of time before we see a pretty decent Disney Park.

There was a DLP park in the alpha workshop. Their BTTMR recreation was pretty cool.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Been a while since I posted on this game. They recently updated the game and gave player the ability to turn off scenery collision. The game can still be very fiddley and time consuming to really theme up an attraction. Once done, things look great though. There are a lot of youtube videos of attractions that people have made. This person has some pretty neat Disney attractions.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I don't see this kind of game working on console. Frontier (developers of PC and RCT3) once tried bringing a theme park simulator to consoles with the Thrillville series, but it was extremely limited and ended up being not very good. Though controls were only just one issue with those games.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well they're bringing the Jurassic World sim game to console as well as PC but I dont really see Planet Coaster following suit.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
After all this time, I still can't really latch on to and play Planet Coaster like I did with RCT3 (which I keep going back to). The park management aspects are still rather poor and I find building things rather convoluted.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry for the bump, but in the last few months I've finally started to click with this game. I'm understanding more and more the mechanics and how to make things work well and look good. At this point I dare say it's overtaken RCT3 as my favorite.

Plus the fact that new DLC keeps coming out and Frontier announced Planet Zoo means more reason to keep coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom