Plane Tickets?!

SlideOperatorCP

My boyfriend and I are driving down to wdw March 10th to get there the 11th (we are from boston) and then stay at FW till the 21st... my sister is coming down with her boyfriend for the first 5 days and they are having NO LUCK getting any cheap tickets! It seems as though every flight is about 180 each way plus tax!!! I have never flown this time of year.... but is there no way that we will find cheap tickets?

we tried Orbitz, Southwest, cheaptickets, expedia.... any other suggestions?!:brick:

Atta83

I always fly with southwest. They seem to be the cheapest so far. Granted I fly to florida several times a year......I am sure you will find soemthing...
Princess Atta

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Sadly those are your best shots I think. Southwest is usually the one for me. I don't know what airlines fly out of Boston, but what about Jet Blue or Spirit? I'm in Maryland and both of those airlines sometimes offer cheaper fares.

-Linda

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

With the price of gas + hotels, it sounds to me like a plane tickets for $360 will just about euate to the car traveling expenses. That and it will save wear'n'tear on the car. Cheeeeeper in the long run.

And $180 is the cheapest i could find from Dulles (here outside of DC) to MCO (orlando) for my flight.

Upvote 0

ddbutts1

Maybe I missed something in your post, but the airfare search I did on Orbitz came up with a round trip per person from Boston to Orlando was $150 non-stop on American.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

For those who are looking for immediate air travel...Mousesavers just posted some interesting news. US Airways has a $138 deal RT from most cities on the eastern seaboard. Delta, Content, American and many others are matching. You have to purchase tickets by tomorrow (1-15-04) and travel by 2-12 I believe...but what a deal. Even in Atlanta, our tickets are now well over $200 a flight. Hope this info can help someone out there.

Upvote 0

lebernadin

aside from the web outlets such as travelocity and orbitz, check all the airlines' own websites.

i just checked delta for you and the cheapest is 220/person RT.

check jetblue and the other carriers

i've found over the past few years that with the increase in web outlets, the airlines are offering even better deals on their own sites to draw consumers away from the competitive nature of those sites.

i used to buy commercial from travelocity all the time until around 2000 and haven't since. i always buy direct from virgin, delta, southwest, united etc...

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I would do the look-up for you, but am not home right now.

My biggest suggestion is to try nearby airports, too.
Depending on where exactly they are, they might get a better price by flying out of another airport that may be an hour drive away or so...
Be sure to check it on the Florida end too! I have friends who fly into Tampa or West Palm to save money sometimes! Of course, they always rent a car too! Also, the smaller airport in Sanford, FL might have better times and rates! Tell them to GET CREATIVE!!! (A good TRAVEL AGENT would do all this for them!!!)

Also....nobody mentioned AIRTRAN yet, so I will....check them out too if they fly from your airport!

:wave:

Upvote 0

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
I think it's because of Spring Break.... I got something from Orbitz and it said $130 RT... but it was before March 4th! We are going March 12th so it's a bummer!

Upvote 0

debbiedoo

I am glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I will be in the world in Oct. From ATL to MCO is 200 round trip per person!!!! Any deals let me know!!

Upvote 0

mac388

Ughh...plane tickets...
My boyfriend and I had the crazy idea of going the week that Florida is transformed into the Long Island and Boston state-Feb 16-23. Jet Blue was the cheapest that I found after using every website imaginable. That was 870 for both of us.
It depends on when you go. Feb, March, and April are going to be expensive cause everyone up north decides they can't stand the cold (umm, like right now, 20 below???). It's also when we have breaks.
So, as mentioned before in an earlier post-you might be better off just flying. The money you'll spend on food, gas, lodging, and even another oil change for your car would come close to flight tickets.

Upvote 0

tazhughes

I have had luck with Priceline on several differnet occasions, but you don't have the control you have on some other sites. Like someone else said try airport variations, I am between Newark and Philly and I can get a flight from philly to Orlando for 120 r/t that has a layover in newark, but from newark it would cost me 220 on the same flight, so to save money you have to add connections (time) to your flight. Good luck:)

Upvote 0

NeedABreak

seems like all the sites i check out raise there price more if you have a connection flight. They charge per-flight.

So the more of my time they waste the more i have to pay them.

Just from here in jackson it is 200 round trip and some of the air lines want me to go to dallas and spend the whole day on the plane. I mean, jesus, why Dallas!?!?

Upvote 0

cloudboy

Depends on who. Delta usually goes through Atlanta, unless it is direct. But huge planes for such a short little run. AirTran also goes through there.

Dallas is primarilly American, though they also have a hub in Miami. Continental has Houston and Newark, and US Air is (for now) Philly. United primarily uses Denver, they also use Washington. But some of the smaller airlines use those, as well.

PArt of the reason why you have to travel so much is that that is where the only unsold cheap seats are left. They may have been available on other shorter flights, but those flights have sold out. It's a matter of price versus convenience sometimes.

Where are you trying to get to, or am I really, really late on posting?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom