Places to watch the Super Bowl in WDW?

normbalko

I've got a friend that is going to be at WDW with his family during Super Bowl Sunday. Does anyone have any suggestions (besides his resort) for a good place to watch the game on property?

journ116

I'm not sure if this place would be entirely appropriate given the nature of some football fans where alcohol is available for purchase:confused: : the ESPN ZONE on the Boardwalk (it will probably be crowded as well, but what sports bar isn't during major games?).

I cannot recall TVs being readily available inside any of the parks, except for the ones in the Baby Care Centers (but they only show Disney movies) and at the ABC Commissary (but they only show promos for of course, ABC shows). I'm sure someone will correct me on this.

They could also try DTD: there's bound to be some place showing the game...maybe Splitsville?

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

ESPN club is great, i have watched a national title game as well as a super bowl there, they do trivia before the game and give out prizes and merchandise, plus the wings are awesome!

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
is the ESPN Club the same as the ESPN Zone? Do the resort shuttles take you to the Boardwalk? I've never been there, not familiar with it.

Upvote 0

journ116

Correction on my post: it's ESPN CLUB, not Zone. You have a few options on how to get there:

1. Take a bus to one of the parks (I suggest the one closest to your resort), and then hop on the BOARDWALK/"whatever resort is its partner" bus.

2. Take a taxi from your resort to the Boardwalk Inn.

3. Hop on the DTD bus from your resort, and THEN another bus over to the Boardwalk Inn.

4. If you happen to be at EP or DHS, you could walk over. From EP, exit out the International Gates and make a right over the bridge. And from DHS, follow the signs to "Boardwalk;" then cut past the pool, thru the 'tunnel,' past the Art shop, and you'll find yourself literally on the Boardwalk (just ask a CM at the pool for directions).

Once you get to the resort (if you take the resort bus route vs. walking over from EP or DHS), simply ask a CM to direct you to 'the Boardwalk.' The ESPN CLUB is located toward the Beach Club resort and EP along the Boardwalk...you can't miss it. Arrive early, because it will be busy (bearing in mind a 6:30 p.m. EST kick-off)!

To get back to where you need to go, simply walk back to the Boardwalk Bus Depot (ask a CM if you forget the way, because the resort itself is somewhat of a maze), then hop on the DTD bus (although MK is slated to have Evening Extra Magic Hours that night, I'm not sure if WDW implemented the 2-hour evening limit yet, which would have MK closing at 10 p.m. instead of 11 p.m.). From DTD of course you could pick up your resort bus.

If all that sounds too complicated, you could simply get a taxi from the Boardwalk Inn back to your resort. I don't know prices though.

The Boardwalk is quite the lively place at night, so your family definitely will not be bored!

Upvote 0

HamFam

Another option is Big River Grille and Brewing Works. It too is right on the Boardwalk. No reservations needed, they only take walk-ups. They have a few big HD tvs at the bar, very good beer and burgers. I watched March Madness there one year with a large party and it worked great. Might be a decent options if ESPN Club is packed. You can also park across the street from the Boardwalk resort for free if you have a rental car.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

All of the resort bars will have it on. It really depends on the atmosphere you are looking for. If I were there SB Sunday, if I was not at the ESPN bar, I would cab it to a sports bar close by. For me, I want to be around fanatics and not a mom asking to keep it quite because little Susie is napping.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

Anyone ever been to Wreckers Sports Bar at the Gaylord Palms Resort, particularly for a major sporting event?

I saw this once when researching, and thought it looked interesting. I cannot tell you how big it really is, or if it would be super crowded, but it is maybe also a place.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-resta...nter/wreckers-sports-bar/5427505/home-page.mi

Is he planning on going to watch the game yourself, or take the whole family as well? B/c I think a lot of places (like ESPN), in addition to be crowded, will have covers or minimums of purchase. It could get tough and pricey will a whole family.

From what I have read about ESPN, even for lesser events, you need to get there very early to get a table. I cannot imagine how SB will be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreamfinder

From what I have read about ESPN, even for lesser events, you need to get there very early to get a table. I cannot imagine how SB will be.

I did see a sign out front last week about "VIP Seating" for like $60, no idea how much that would be (if they even do it) for the Super Bowl.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom