Places to eat when you BYO food inside parks?

luvdisneyworld

Original Poster
We are planning our first Disney trip in August of 2012 and wish to bring our own food inside the parks to save money. Are there any places located in the parks where we can legally sit and enjoy our lunch? Any suggestions? Are coolers not allowed at all in the Animal Kingdom park? Thanks in advance!

Communicore

The CS joints are typically fine unless the park is extremely packed in that case CM's have to sit you and your party, I have seen coolers in AK and people eating food anywhere to be honest.

luvdisneyworld

Original Poster
Thank you!

The CS joints are typically fine unless the park is extremely packed in that case CM's have to sit you and your party, I have seen coolers in AK and people eating food anywhere to be honest.

Thanks for the reply but I am a Disney Newbie so you might have to explain the acronyms (CS and CM`s) :ROFLOL:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply but I am a Disney Newbie so you might have to explain the acronyms (CS and CM`s) :ROFLOL:

What he was saying is that basically most of the Counter Service (CS) restaurants will allow you to sit and eat food from the outside, especially one with outdoor seating. However, if they are crowded, there was a new policy in place where the Cast Members (CMs) would seat you once you had your food.

Basically, just take a look around when you decide you're ready to stop and eat. If it appears pretty quiet, grab a table at one of the CS restaurants. We've done that plenty of times at EP (EPCOT) at the Electric Umbrella, or at Hollywood Studios (DHS) at the Studio Catering Company.....:wave:

DizneyPryncess

My husband & I brought a little Mickey Mouse cooler into Animal Kingdom & it was fine. We actually found a great spot to eat that we loved. If you go into the park, and then enter the Rainforest Cafe area through the park entrance, you'll pass the Amazon Terrace. It's outside the restaurant, you never actually go in the restaurant. It has a few tables w/fans above them, and they are under cover. There wasn't one person there, and it was nice & cool with the fans. We plan on doing that every time we visit. :)

luvdisneyworld

Original Poster
My husband & I brought a little Mickey Mouse cooler into Animal Kingdom & it was fine. We actually found a great spot to eat that we loved. If you go into the park, and then enter the Rainforest Cafe area through the park entrance, you'll pass the Amazon Terrace. It's outside the restaurant, you never actually go in the restaurant. It has a few tables w/fans above them, and they are under cover. There wasn't one person there, and it was nice & cool with the fans. We plan on doing that every time we visit. :)

Thanks for that tip! Ill def make a notation of that in my planner. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Does anyone know of a certain place in the Magic Kingdom to sit and eat a packed lunch? Preferrable in the shade...

We've eaten at both the Tommorrowland Terrace and the Lunching Pad. But you could probably also duck inside at Cosmic Ray's as well.....

87 GN

For the Magic Kingdom in the shade check out:

Peco's Bills has a ton of seating back away from the counters in Frontier land. Also try the Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square, or the Tommorow Land seating area at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

For eating outside, look for the yellow tables, white chairs outside the Plaza restaurant.

plaz10

I second (third?) the idea of eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station - lots of seating/covered/rarely crowded since the actual food establishment is usually closed - but the seating is open. Check the map for location of the place. If you're on Main St...head right to Tomorrowland and you'll pass through it.

In EPCOT - check out the benches/grassy areas around the Imagination pavilion and around the Universe of Energy area. Both attractions can be located on the maps. You'll find some shaded (by trees) areas that can be quite quiet.

Hope this helps!

SMS55

Does anyone know of a certain place in the Magic Kingdom to sit and eat a packed lunch? Preferrable in the shade...

You can go just about anywhere to eat. We usually start in Adventureland and work our way around and by the time we are hungry we are usually next to Ariel's Grotto (forgot the name right now). I think the restaurant is Pinnochio Village Haus. It's an outdoor seating area. There is always plenty of seats and it's covered. In Tomorrowland you also have a few spots with plenty of seating like Tomorrowland Terrace, also outdoors and Starlight Cafe which is indoors. Peco's Bill will also have plenty of seating(Frontierland). I've never been told anything and I've been doing it for years.

Cosmic Commando

If you really want a quiet place to eat, then go to Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn on TSI. I'd doubt the restaurant would be open even on New Year's Eve, but there are about ten little tables over there under a wooden gazebo-type covering. You get a nice view of Frontierland and Liberty Square, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom