Placeholder cruise

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
Hi all! On our last cruise, we booked a placeholder and now that 2019 itineraries are have been released, am hoping to book our next cruise. Can anyone help me out with some of the details?

Are we able to book two staterooms? And what are the "rules" if so? Can I book one for my family and one for my brothers family and have the discount applied?

What can I expect to pay for the deposit when I call to book? We are looking at a 7 night western Caribbean in a verandah room, I'm thinking 6k (ish) and we've paid the $250 down. How much more can I estimate that I'll need to pay for the deposit?

Thanks for all the help!

ChuckElias

The $250 placeholder deposit allows you to book one stateroom with the 10% discount and OBC.

The deposit will be 20% of the cruise fare (which doesn't include the taxes). So if your cabin total is $6000, your deposit will be about $1,200.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The $250 placeholder deposit allows you to book one stateroom with the 10% discount and OBC.

The deposit will be 20% of the cruise fare (which doesn't include the taxes). So if your cabin total is $6000, your deposit will be about $1,200.

They did away with reduced deposit on 7+ night OBBs?

ChuckElias

Looks like you're right, @ScoutN . The deposit is only 10% for onboard bookings of 7 days or more. Good catch. Thanks!

But I wonder if that applies to Placeholder bookings. I just looked at my back-to-back in April. I made two placeholder bookings onboard, but did not pick a specific date. After getting home and consulting with my family, we picked the dates and I called to lock them in. And my invoice shows that I paid 20% deposit on each cruise.

Is it possible that the reduced deposit only applies if you pick and deposit a specific cruise while you're still onboard?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Hi all! On our last cruise, we booked a placeholder and now that 2019 itineraries are have been released, am hoping to book our next cruise. Can anyone help me out with some of the details?

Are we able to book two staterooms? And what are the "rules" if so? Can I book one for my family and one for my brothers family and have the discount applied?

What can I expect to pay for the deposit when I call to book? We are looking at a 7 night western Caribbean in a verandah room, I'm thinking 6k (ish) and we've paid the $250 down. How much more can I estimate that I'll need to pay for the deposit?

Thanks for all the help!

Pretty sure you would have needed to book two staterooms while onboard, I don't believe the discount can be extended to a room after the fact.

On our cruise to Canada last year, we wanted to book Alaska for next year, and we thought we might convince friends or family to go along, and the cast member said to get the discount on 2 rooms, we would each have to book a stateroom--one in my name, one in my husband's. So that's what we did. :)

ChuckElias

@ScoutN , after I "wondered" about why my deposit was 20%, I realized that my back-to-back is a 4-night followed by a 3-night. So my deposit is higher because it's not for a 7+ night sailing. I'm sorry that I'm muddying the waters so badly in this thread. But I'm pretty sure you were right all along.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
@ScoutN , after I "wondered" about why my deposit was 20%, I realized that my back-to-back is a 4-night followed by a 3-night. So my deposit is higher because it's not for a 7+ night sailing. I'm sorry that I'm muddying the waters so badly in this thread. But I'm pretty sure you were right all along.

It's all good. Having done the Dream 3-4 B2B I get how it can be confusing.

NelleBelle

@Megan Kelly, you can book 2 rooms, however, only one room will qualify for onboard credit, 10% off, and decreased deposit (unless you booked 2 placeholders when you were onboard). I tried really hard to get my DH to book 2 placeholders and put names down that we thought might go with us (I think it's a lot easier to remove names than add names to reservations). But he could only be convinced of booking one placeholder o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom