Pizzerizzo

ScoobaSteve

Original Poster
I didn't see a post about this but I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Why oh why is this place only open until 4.

I tried thinking of all the logical explanations for this but it doesn't make sense to me. At a park where you have already closed off so much and are taking so much out you decide to keep one of the FEW quick service dining experiences only open until four....

Blows my mind

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I didn't see a post about this but I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Why oh why is this place only open until 4.

I tried thinking of all the logical explanations for this but it doesn't make sense to me. At a park where you have already closed off so much and are taking so much out you decide to keep one of the FEW quick service dining experiences only open until four....

Blows my mind
That side of the park becomes very empty as the masses just move to Susnet Blvd for Fant, Tower and RnR. With cost control measures in place, you see early closures.

Weather_Lady

It's because so much of the rest of the park is closed -- it doesn't make sense to have half a dozen restaurants open in a park that barely has that number of attractions. Not only that, but until Star Wars Land opens, Muppet Courtyard is a dead end area with no through-traffic. When Toy Story Land and/or Star Wars Land open up, I'm sure PizzeRizzo's hours will increase in proportion. I do sympathize with your frustration, though. It's annoying to pay so much to visit a park and constantly run into construction walls and "closed" signs.

osueddy

We were so disappointed they were closed at 4:00 when we attempted to go there for dinner! We couldn't believe it! I feel like we are very organized and know what's going on but I never noticed that the restaurant was only open for lunch. Just assumed they would be open for lunch and dinner, why wouldn't they be! It was the middle of June! There aren't many good food choices there to begin with it doesn't make sense to me. Pizza Planet was always open for dinner.

BuddyThomas

I'm disappointed that it's open UNTIL 4. This is not pizza. Look at the ratio of crust to the rest of the "pie". These things look like they were baked in a Betty Crocker E-Z Bake Oven. And served with a so-called caesar salad. In a little plastic cup. This is the meal of my nightmares.
Hollywood-Studios-PizzeRizzo-entrees-pizza-700x415.jpg

Courtney6682

I'm disappointed that it's open UNTIL 4. This is not pizza. Look at the ratio of crust to the rest of the "pie". These things look like they were baked in a Betty Crocker E-Z Bake Oven. And served with a so-called caesar salad. In a little plastic cup. This is the meal of my nightmares.
View attachment 221736

Agreed. I know some people love the pizza at Disney. I ain't one of them;)

We're going to pizzerizzo not for the food, but just to look around. When my daughter was a baby she was OBSESSED with "ratty" :)

BuddyThomas

Agreed. I know some people love the pizza at Disney. I ain't one of them;)

We're going to pizzerizzo not for the food, but just to look around. When my daughter was a baby she was OBSESSED with "ratty" :)
Isn't it funny how many rats are cooking at Disney? Don't forget Remy over in France at EPCOT. LOL. Anyway, here is a pizza I enjoyed recently. I wish Pizzerizzo (and Via Napoli) would get it together and offer guests better pies.
best pizza.JPG

Courtney6682

Isn't it funny how many rats are cooking at Disney? Don't forget Remy over in France at EPCOT. LOL. Anyway, here is a pizza I enjoyed recently. I wish Pizzerizzo (and Via Napoli) would get it together and offer guests better pies.
View attachment 221744

Mmm! Now THAT looks good! I've never been to VN. Is it somewhere that should be on my radar? I trust your opinion on food lol with u having been in the industry and all. I've heard SO many conflicting reviews on VN tho :/

BuddyThomas

Mmm! Now THAT looks good! I've never been to VN. Is it somewhere that should be on my radar? I trust your opinion on food lol with u having been in the industry and all. I've heard SO many conflicting reviews on VN tho :/
Oh no, I'm sorry, That is not a pie from Via Napoli. That's from a place called Salvatore's Coal Oven Pizza in Port Washington, NY. It is the best pizza I have ever had in my life. It wins awards every year for best pizza in Long Island, etc, etc. We go there every week.

We went to Via Napoli on the last trip and it just was not good. I know people swear by that restaurant, but for us, it wasn't great. :(

Courtney6682

Oh no, I'm sorry, That is not a pie from Via Napoli. That's from a place called Salvatore's Coal Oven Pizza in Port Washington, NY. It is the best pizza I have ever had in my life. It wins awards every year for best pizza in Long Island, etc, etc. We go there every week.

We went to Via Napoli on the last trip and it just was not good. I know people swear by that restaurant, but for us, it wasn't great. :(

Well thanks for nothing pal! Lol!

I'm pretty sure I'll skip VN forever lol

becca_

View attachment 221736
I will gladly eat enough PizzeRizzo pizza for the both of us :D

Not sure what it is about it, but I have to get it every time I'm at HS. I was sooo upset when Pizza Planet was down for a refurb because I missed out on my favorite meal in DHS!!

BuddyThomas

I may have seen it...it sounds vaguely familiar, but I love food so I'd be glad to look again lol ;)
Okay so here is the pizza we had at Via Napoli a couple of trips ago. I feel like I have posted this about five times on various threads, so I apologize if this is being redundant.
Napoli.JPG

That's my partner Phil looking at it with kind of a bewildered expression. The whole thing was undercooked. Our toppings were mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, and they have just kind of been hurled onto the pie with no rhyme or reason. There is a slice on the left of this picture that has barely one single topping on it, and then there are big clumps of tomatoes on the other side. Etc, etc. Barely any tomato sauce. We asked our waitress for extra sauce and she smiled and nodded and ran away, never to be heard from again. It was all flavorless and a total disappointment. But then again, we eat pizza like the below picture pretty much every weekend, at a fraction of the price of Via Napoli, so we're a bit spoiled. Cue the pizza p o r n ;) :

Pizza 1.jpg

Pizza 2.JPG

Pizza 3.JPG

jaklgreen

Okay so here is the pizza we had at Via Napoli a couple of trips ago. I feel like I have posted this about five times on various threads, so I apologize if this is being redundant.
View attachment 221869

That's my partner Phil looking at it with kind of a bewildered expression. The whole thing was undercooked. Our toppings were mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, and they have just kind of been hurled onto the pie with no rhyme or reason. There is a slice on the left of this picture that has barely one single topping on it, and then there are big clumps of tomatoes on the other side. Etc, etc. Barely any tomato sauce. We asked our waitress for extra sauce and she smiled and nodded and ran away, never to be heard from again. It was all flavorless and a total disappointment. But then again, we eat pizza like the below picture pretty much every weekend, at a fraction of the price of Via Napoli, so we're a bit spoiled. Cue the pizza p o r n ;) :

View attachment 221870
View attachment 221871
View attachment 221872

I'm with you on this, the pizza at VN can be good if they make it right. The problem is it so inconsistent and the service is just on the edge of rude. They really do not give you a good impression of Italians.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom