Pixie Hollow

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the original plans for the new Fantasyland, there was to have been Pixie Hollow. Does anyone have any information as to what was to have been included in there?

I believe it was supposed to have a flat ride like Francis' Ladybug Boogie in DCA, and a meet and greet area.

1zqbuqc.jpg

doctornick

Actually that looks big enough to be a version of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It looks like a bug is pulling a cart.

Yes, I think it was planned to be a whip ride like Mater's -- probably a mouse moving some cheese I'd guess based on the label of the ride.

The idea of a Pixie Hollow would be good if they ever decided to do additional expansion to Fantasyland. Certainly would be a better location for a Tink M&G than the current one.

Ryan H. Serowinski

That's why Tink's fairy friends are not at Disney World anymore :( They cancelled these plans(along with two other experiences), because they think it was a little girly, they should had never cancelled that plan.

Magenta Panther

I'd rather have a full-sized Neverland, where it's always twilight a la Diagon Alley, and with an upgraded Peter Pan's Flight and a Captain Hook ship-shaped restaurant as per the one in Disneyland.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'd rather have a full-sized Neverland, where it's always twilight a la Diagon Alley, and with an upgraded Peter Pan's Flight and a Captain Hook ship-shaped restaurant as per the one in Disneyland.

Funnily enough, Tokyo DisneySea is getting a Neverland-like area, with similar stuff. I'm not sure about the twilight part, though.

TrainsOfDisney

That would have been a bit jarring... circus elephants right night to a pixie forest?

What I really wish is that the circus had been a bit more thought out with a Casey Jr. ride (small powered coaster?) and maybe even another circus themed flat ride.

Skibum1970

Watch this video and the second part. It talks about everything that was supposed to be in Pixie Hollow and the princess area. It was, perhaps, one of the worst ideas that I've seen for a while and focused on a very specific audience.

I would have preferred a nice dark ride where the tents are that would have been themed to an underutilized older Disney IP, such as bring back Mr. Toad maybe Alice in Wonderland. No Storybook Circusland but maybe tying into Fantasyland to keep the theme consistent all the way to the railroad stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom