Pixar's Onward

MitziBitfur

I loved this movie so much!
While the D&D setting made for some good laughs, they really put in the work to make sure that each of the emotional moments felt earned and true. I can't wait to see it again.
Also, I was at DHS this weekend, and was thrilled to see Onward merch out, and some good stuff, too. I bought the Guinevere t-shirt, and the figure set. Almost got the Barley plush too, but i'm trying to stay on a budget. LOL

gerarar

Premium Member
I got to see this earlier in a near empty theater, which was a surprise since it's Tuesday ($5 movies!) and typically all showings are near sold out on this day at this theater.

Anyways, really surprised by the movie. I didn't follow the movie much, only just saw the teasers and trailers, in which it didn't interest me much. But as always, Pixar/Disney pulls thru and delivers a nice and enjoyable product in the end. It was nice to see an original new product. Comparing this to the last original IP from Pixar, Coco, I much prefer Onward.

The beginning kinda bored me a little, but as soon they head off on their adventure my interest rose and I was hooked! I had some good laughs, and dare I say tearey eyed. It's not a true true happy ending in Disney fashion, but still a happy ending overall as one sacrifices for another's happy ending and closure with their dad.

Overall I would give this a ~9/10. The secondary plot with the mom and the Manticore seemed eh, but it comes around in the end ig.

jensenrick

Seems like they are going to push this movie A LOT after all of this coronavirus stuff over

What do you mean? It's already out on digital, books are all released, they are giving away the coloring pages for free. What else is there?

jensenrick

I just love this movie. Much like the early days of Supernatural, stuff that is about the strong connection between brothers just slays me, probably because I've always wished I had one.

Although if they do have a Pixar short for this, like Lamp Life or Party Central, where they dive into the backstory more- I would sure love to see more about the Mom, maybe even the outings that she and the manticore get into- that would be cool.

I think I've watched this 5 times now, between the theater, and Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom