Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

TeriofTerror

It is not really it's just a hit right now until The last Jedi comes out, then it will go away, and it was not very good, the best part of the whole movie was the Frozen Short, which is gone now, it's really predicatable and they drag it out waay too long, and i'ts anti Christian, I don't want my child thinking dead people go to this other world and wander around as skeletons, this movie indicates there is no heaven.
Dear Moderators,
Exactly how much trouble will I be in if I respond to this post in a way it deserves?
Sincerely,
Teri

Princess Leia

Well this thread took a turn

Anywho, I did consider watching Coco again last Friday, but emotionally, it took a lot out of me. So, I saw Justice League strictly to watch Jason Momoa burst in and out of the water (slightly redeems the film having one of the worst villains I have ever seen).

I would like to watch the movie again in a couple months though, and I still think that a Coco overlay would be pretty simple to accomplish.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

It is not really it's just a hit right now until The last Jedi comes out, then it will go away, and it was not very good, the best part of the whole movie was the Frozen Short, which is gone now, it's really predicatable and they drag it out waay too long, and i'ts anti Christian, I don't want my child thinking dead people go to this other world and wander around as skeletons, this movie indicates there is no heaven.
I loved it, but I have seen some one or two other similarly negative reviews:

Aveku

Well, that’s interesting!

I’m catholic and I still celebrate Dia de Muertos. People who have seen Coco know that it’s not about celebrating death or getting to a place that replaces heaven. It’s about remembering your loved ones.

Anywaaaay, it’s part of my culture and I don’t see why kids (or adults) shouldn’t learn about other countries. Its not like they’re going to adopt our traditions.

Either way, you’re just missing out on a great Pixar film.

mergatroid

Do you ban your kids from watching the Star Wars films, they promote and feature 'the force' which didn't feature in the bible last time I looked? What about Avatar, they clearly don't follow Christianity in that? Do you tell them about Santa Clause, again a non Christian character?

Last edited:

Pixieish

Do you ban your kids from watching the Star Wars films, they promote and feature 'the force' which didn't feature in the bible last time I looked? What about Avatar, they clearly don't follow Christianity in that? Do you tell them about Santa Clause, again a non Christian character?

Harry Potter is also considered anti-Christian because of the magic that makes up such a large part of the story. YET ONE OF THE FILMS FEATURES CHRISTMAS. Seriously, people read way too much into movies these days. Kids don't do that - they will take away the basic moral, but they aren't making religious assumptions based on a film. Their brains aren't developed enough to do that. Keeping your child from enjoying a film basically made for them based on your religious beliefs is kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Harry Potter is also considered anti-Christmas because of the magic that makes up such a large part of the story. YET ONE OF THE FILMS FEATURES CHRISTMAS. Seriously, people read way too much into movies these days. Kids don't do that - they will take away the basic moral, but they aren't making religious assumptions based on a film. Their brains aren't developed enough to do that. Keeping your child from enjoying a film basically made for them based on your religious beliefs is kind of ridiculous.

There'll be loads of films and tv shows that feature things that hold none Christian values if you think about it. Surely though you would think it was a parent's duty in this day and age to explain to their kids about how today's society needs to embrace and tolerate other religions as they're so prevalent now. When we see people who are obviously from different cultures or beliefs, it would be nice to think that our children are able to accept them and have a basic understanding of the fact that these people have a different belief system to themselves.

I imagine it wouldn't be hard to say to kids "We're seeing a film today where the characters don't believe in the God that we do. Some people don't believe in the same god as us but that's ok as people have the freedom to believe in what they want. Jesus taught us to accept other people may not all believe in what we do, but we can still respect these people even though they're different". It's a good opportunity to show your kids there are different belief systems and if explained right I'm 100% certain they're not going to believe they're going to be living skeletons after death.

Fox&Hound

Yeah I love Jesus with all my heart and consider my faith as extremely important to my life but I did not find the movie offensive in the least. Besides, will the ride really focus on these aspects? And, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Mexico a predominately Catholic country? Seems like the country of origin for this tradition has no problem reconciling this tradition with their religious views.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The gross is good considering it will likely to continue to chug along during the holidays. Right now, it's 15th in Pixar movies...

upload_2017-12-10_13-8-14.png

And in the middle of the pack critically (which, for Pixar, is very, very good)...

upload_2017-12-10_13-9-17.png

DisneyFan18

The gross is good considering it will likely to continue to chug along during the holidays. Right now, it's 15th in Pixar movies...

View attachment 249597

And in the middle of the pack critically (which, for Pixar, is very, very good)...

View attachment 249598
And it has yet to open in important markets like Australia, UK, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Italy, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom