"Pixar Studios" Question

jmuboy

Original Poster
Are the new Pixar Studios arches at either end of the backside of the Great Movie Ride building (encompassing all the former soundstages 1, 2, and 3)? Or do the Pixar arches just frame the Toy Story mania building (old soundstages 2 and 3)?

Also, is there a store in this new area with TSM merchandise?

OrlandoBoy

I am not sure where the current backside arch is located, but I have a feeling that soon Pixar Studios will emcompass the area all the way back to the entrance to the Streets of America. I feel this area will all become Pixar area before long. Possibly a retheme of HISTK Playground to A Bug's Life and a retheme of the Studio Catering Company.

Doesn't this just seem logical in the long run?

jt04

I am not sure where the current backside arch is located, but I have a feeling that soon Pixar Studios will emcompass the area all the way back to the entrance to the Streets of America. I feel this area will all become Pixar area before long. Possibly a retheme of HISTK Playground to A Bug's Life and a retheme of the Studio Catering Company.

Doesn't this just seem logical in the long run?

Yes it does.

But there is still no word on exactly what that second arch is.

The mystery only deepens :confused: :cool:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are the new Pixar Studios arches at either end of the backside of the Great Movie Ride building (encompassing all the former soundstages 1, 2, and 3)? Or do the Pixar arches just frame the Toy Story mania building (old soundstages 2 and 3)?

Also, is there a store in this new area with TSM merchandise?

The Pixar arch is at the One Man's Dream end. There is a bridge at the end of soundstage 2 (near the Backlot Tour), but not a Pixar arch.

So currently, only 2 and 3 are in the Pixar area.

There will be a merchandise area, but it's not really a shop as such. More along the lines of the Buzz Lightyear merchandise carts outside of Buzz in the MK.

jt04

The Pixar arch is at the One Man's Dream end. There is a bridge at the end of soundstage 2 (near the Backlot Tour), but not a Pixar arch.

So currently, only 2 and 3 are in the Pixar area.

There will be a merchandise area, but it's not really a shop as such. More along the lines of the Buzz Lightyear merchandise carts outside of Buzz in the MK.

So Steve, have you heard what the "bridge" is exactly? It is made of brick on the Pixar side (from the pictures I have seen). But it appears to be very well themed when looking at it from the Backlot tour side. They definitely seem to be going for a certain look or theme there.:confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So Steve, have you heard what the "bridge" is exactly? It is made of brick on the Pixar side (from the pictures I have seen). But it appears to be very well themed when looking at it from the Backlot tour side. They definitely seem to be going for a certain look or theme there.:confused:

Yep it's brick, looks a nice bit of detail. No idea what it is, other than a placemaking element.

Lee

Adventurer
As opposed to the beautiful Midway Mercantile shop they're getting at Paradise Pier.:rolleyes:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As opposed to the beautiful Midway Mercantile shop they're getting at Paradise Pier.:rolleyes:

Yeah, we are bit tight for space down there in the Studios. DCA has the advantage of having nothing worth-while in Paradise Pier except for TSM and the coaster. Lots of room to do whatever they want to along there now.

Rob562

Hmmm... An idea just popped into my head... This "bridge" at the back end of Pixar Place/Pixar Studios/Mickey Avenue connects the buildings from one side of the street with the other, right? Does it appear to be large enough and physical enough for people to walk in? On the TSM side of the street, does it connect upstairs to where the old backstage tour walkway was?

I'm thinking that this is a new "backstage" route for CMs to use to travel from backstage on the TSM side to the new Meet n Greet area across the street. The old "movie star trailers" that characters used to use along Mickey Avenue had their drawbacks. This would make CM access easier for all involved...

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hmmm... An idea just popped into my head... This "bridge" at the back end of Pixar Place/Pixar Studios/Mickey Avenue connects the buildings from one side of the street with the other, right? Does it appear to be large enough and physical enough for people to walk in? On the TSM side of the street, does it connect upstairs to where the old backstage tour walkway was?

I'm thinking that this is a new "backstage" route for CMs to use to travel from backstage on the TSM side to the new Meet n Greet area across the street. The old "movie star trailers" that characters used to use along Mickey Avenue had their drawbacks. This would make CM access easier for all involved...

-Rob

Thats a very interesting theory!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom