Pixar=interesting article or maybe not

bsiev1977

Skip

It's a fun "oh wow what if" theory, but ultimately falls apart under any scrutiny.

A few gaping holes:

-If "a bug's life" takes place post Wall*E in an apocalyptic Earth where only bugs and a relative handful of humans remain, where does the bird that attacks Hopper come from?
-Cars can't become the "sentient machines of the earth to replace humans" because in the world of Cars... there's nothing human to replace. Everything in the world of those films is based solely around the needs of the automobiles; there's absolutely no remnants of any human world that proceeded it. And the apocalyptic world of Wall*E (post Cars) would reflect a world devoted to automobiles, which it doesn't.
-I don't buy that monsters came from animal-human interbreeding/mutations. (Again, where are the other animals besides bugs coming from?) I think we'd have some indication that the Monster world was once the human world if there was any sort of intention like that. (Granted, I'll admit the time travel mechanic they're talking about here is really neat & thought provoking.)
-Why does "Boo" as the witch from Brave settle in medieval, rural Scotland? Why not anywhere else even slightly more exciting? Again, I'll give the writer credit for a clever connection, but the obvious question remains unanswered.
-This does not actually explain the wisps in Brave (instead just saying they're the source of everything), which appear to be nothing besides inherently magical beings.

Agreed that the writer just likes to create stretched connections between Pixar easter eggs. It was a fun, creative read, but that's about it. :p

Thrill

I think it's reasonable to suggest that all of the Pixar movies save for Cars are in the same universe.

A lot of these connections are tenuous. It mostly works, I guess, if you cut out the bits about Cars (which, as Skip posted, contradicts Wall-E a lot). Revolving around Boo is a little weird, but it makes some sense, I guess. (I only wonder why he didn't push Edna Mode as Boo; the invisible suit could have easily been inspired by her encounter with Randall, rather than Edna being a separate character who also met Randall.)

jw24

I'm seriously confused. Doesn't make any sense to me.:confused: Keep the universes separate is what I say.

Thrill

Another plot hole:

Supposedly, a bug's life implies that humans don't exist, but takes place close enough to Monsters, Inc. for a trailer from Monsters, Inc. to still be standing. Why aren't monsters a threat to bugs? Did they die off that quickly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom