Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

D

Deleted member 107043

The Disney Parks Blog has new information on the Incredibles float coming to the PtN parade on June 23.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-june-23-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

kjhgfkhgiuliy98707-1024x576.jpg

Here’s how the fun and excitement of “The Incredibles” will be brought to life:

• The dynamic and colorful new float connects both “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” picking up where the first film left off and portraying the scene that shows the Parr family banding together against the supervillain known as “The Underminer.”
  • Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It will come to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
  • Dash’s super-human speed is captured through an innovative system of 64 individually lit frames, flashing as he races in circles around the float.
  • Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible, along with their pal Frozone, light up the night in new super suits. The suits have been installed and wired by hand and are fully programmable to be in sync with the music and the float lighting.
  • The super suits, designed by eccentric fashion designer Edna Mode, are illuminated with nearly 100 sheets of flexible, miniature LEDs. This is the first time these light-up suits will be worn by any Disney or Pixar character.
  • The chest logos on the Incredibles’ glowing super suits are made up of 60 individually programmable LEDs.
It sounds incredible.

Ismael Flores

If DHS does get Pixar Fest next year that wouldn’t mean Paint The Night to right?? :eek: It is Pixar heavy. I think Pixar Play Parade, Paint The Night and Together Forever (or a version of it) would be a bit much for DHS.

If DHS needs a Pixar parade they can take Pixar Play parade. Although it was a very fun parade it is really starting to show its age. I saw it last month and it didn't seem like they refurbished it before bringing it over to Disneyland from DCA. The floats looked old and faded to me

FerretAfros

Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It will come to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
Wow! What are the odds that their first one would also be their largest?!

And based on how they talk extensively about the costumes for other characters, I can only assume Violet will not be a live performer
Dash’s super-human speed is captured through an innovative system of 64 individually lit frames, flashing as he races in circles around the float.
Looks like the same "innovative" system that's been lighting up the side of the Star Trader for decades
9874819575_1341d6be3c.jpg

The concept art also makes me think that this float will just lumber down the parade route all by its lonesome similar to the Monsters unit, without any dancers or smaller units on the street

I'm sure it will be a solid addition to the parade and blend in well, but I'm unimpressed by the supposedly-gee-wiz features of this float.

shortstop

Wow! What are the odds that their first one would also be their largest?!

And based on how they talk extensively about the costumes for other characters, I can only assume Violet will not be a live performer

Looks like the same "innovative" system that's been lighting up the side of the Star Trader for decades
9874819575_1341d6be3c.jpg

The concept art also makes me think that this float will just lumber down the parade route all by its lonesome similar to the Monsters unit, without any dancers or smaller units on the street

I'm sure it will be a solid addition to the parade and blend in well, but I'm unimpressed by the supposedly-gee-wiz features of this float.
To be fair, it’s not like any of the other floats use any mind-bending technology either. Of course marketing is going to talk it up, but at the end of the day, I’m sure this float, like you said, will blend in well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom