Pixar Fest is Fun, Fun, Fun! Summer 2024 Hype Thread!

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's the thread to discuss and lavish praise on Pixar Fest as the big Summer '24 promotion for the Disneyland Resort! 🥳

Pixar Fest started a week ago, and yet it barely is being discussed here. So post your TR's, your pics, your Instagrammable Moments, your raves on signage and iconography and scavenger hunts, and your adulation for Together Forever, or Forever Together, or even Better Together!

And don't be afraid to use the word "AMAZZZING!" to describe any of it, like the paper napkins or the vinyl banners hanging from lightposts. Nothing is off limits in this thread, as Pixar Fest is immersive and one-of-a-kind storytelling.

Who wants to go first?

brb1006

The highlight for this year's Pixar Feast would have to be the Disney Park debut of Joe Gardner making his theme park debut (the redecorated hotel doesn't count), the Luca characters (Luca Paguro, Alberto Scorfano, and Giulia Marcovaldo), and Red Mei. Mei's friends (Miriam Mendelsohn , Priya Mangal, Abby Park).

McMickeyWorld

Sign in.jpg

xdddd

CaptinEO

I'm sure this event will draw in millions of people from across the globe!

Pixar! Wow! Incredible!

They were a great brand 15 years ago and now make OKish movies. At this point they should be absorbed into Walt Disney Animation.

The Empress Lilly

I'm sure this event will draw in millions of people from across the globe!

Pixar! Wow! Incredible!

They were a great brand 15 years ago and now make OKish movies. At this point they should be absorbed into Walt Disney Animation.
All of Iger's early big IP brand acquisitions have lost their lustre the past few years. Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars.

Sure enough brands/IPs can come and go, they can have a natural lifespan, and TWDC got their money's worth out of each of those. But their diminished status does undermine Iger's positioning of TWDC as the big IP powerhouse that can nurture and milk IP like no other. Fifteen year life spans is but slash and burn strategy.

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's a recent video of the Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration! activation component along the Performance Corridor. (Seems like it would just be simpler to call it a "parade", but what do I know?!)

TP2000

Original Poster
I LOVE PIXAR FEST!

Where can I go and walk with this around my neck for 14 hours?

View attachment 782988

What is that? Do you put popcorn in it? Or gumballs? It has a locking mechanism noted, but I honestly can't tell what it's purpose is. I imagine it's for popcorn, but maybe not?

So they outlawed plastic straws, but they'll sell you a giant chunk of decorative plastic instead? I don't get it.

CaptinEO

All of Iger's early big IP brand acquisitions have lost their lustre the past few years. Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars.

Sure enough brands/IPs can come and go, they can have a natural lifespan, and TWDC got their money's worth out of each of those. But their diminished status does undermine Iger's positioning of TWDC as the big IP powerhouse that can nurture and milk IP like no other. Fifteen year life spans is but slash and burn strategy.
100% this. Very true. He should have stayed retired before his short sighted decisions all faltered.

CaptinEO

Absolutely not.
Case in point for this argument is that friends and family of mine don't know which movies are Disney Animation or Pixar post Inside Out. And I don't blame them.

It makes sense if you look at them. The films and characters look identical to Disney Animation now, the studios each have no identity. To the majority of people Coco and Moana are from the same company "Disney" and likely used the same animation software.

Why is Disney trying to make Pixar a brand? Pixar's appeal died a long time ago when the name stopped being a sign of high quality.

Phroobar

Watching the video of the parade. I think I prefer the Pixar Play Parade. At least they are trying new characters from movies no one saw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom