Pi's Disneyland! Updated: Fire Mountain

Suchomimus

Hey! I have a question for you!

There's going to be a Ghibli store in Fantasyland. But I can't think of a good name for it.

I picture more of a general Ghibli store, but I'm open to something more specific.
bfdd4a66ea6d1143f0199a14c793e0a1--mayonnaise-instruments.jpg

No Pionmycake, Ghilbi in Disneyland; American or Asian; or any outside theme park not in Asia; is not a good idea.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
bfdd4a66ea6d1143f0199a14c793e0a1--mayonnaise-instruments.jpg

No Pionmycake, Ghilbi in Disneyland; American or Asian; or any outside theme park not in Asia; is not a good idea.

Well, I'm doing Fantasyland as an almost World Showcase of stories instead of the classic European storybook style of Fantasyland. And I thought Ghibli was a good way to represent Japanese storytelling while still being in the extended disney family.

I know in real life there is some kind of deal where Disney isn't allowed to use Ghibli in the parks because Myazaki doesn't want it or something like that. But for a dream park, I can ignore that lol.

It's just a small shop too, not like it's taking up the whole land.

Is there anything I could do to make it fit better? Or why do you not think it could fit?

Suchomimus

Well, I'm doing Fantasyland as an almost World Showcase of stories instead of the classic European storybook style of Fantasyland. And I thought Ghibli was a good way to represent Japanese storytelling while still being in the extended disney family.

I know in real life there is some kind of deal where Disney isn't allowed to use Ghibli in the parks because Myazaki doesn't want it or something like that. But for a dream park, I can ignore that lol.

It's just a small shop too, not like it's taking up the whole land.

Is there anything I could do to make it fit better? Or why do you not think it could fit?
Well I think naming the shop after Miyazaki and Takahata would be the best option.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Fantasyland Part 1-

Traditionally, Fantasyland focuses on a medieval, European, storybook style.

This Fantasyland is different.

My Fantasyland is a celebration of fantasies from around the world!

Stories are a universal experience. Something all people have in common. The legends, myths, and tall tales may change, the way they’re told may change, the people telling them may change, but stories have connected us all since the beginning of time.

A fairytale version of the World Showcase, each attraction, restaurant, and store is designed to represent a different country or region.

I’m going to be doing a bit more pictures to represent this land than I have in past rounds. So, I need to split this into 3 or 4 parts instead of the usual one or two. Part 1 connects to Enchanted Forest and Dark Woods. It is the Northwest corner of Fantasyland and the most traditional. Other parts will have a lot more new and interesting stuff.

1.png

-Cinderella: The Mouse Dress Dream-

Credit to @AceAstro

This exciting dark ride/simulator blend will essentially be a retheme of the Rattatouille ride from Disney Studios Paris. Guest shrink down to the size of a mouse to help Jaq and Gus Gus make Cinderella’s dress. A fun, light hearted adventure enjoyable for all ages.

2.png

Fun story: I was actually planning on including a ride like this in Fantasyland before reading AceAstro’s fantastic mouse ride which he coincidentally wrote for the SYWTBAI round that just ended. So, instead of writing my own, I asked to use Ace’s wonderful ride. I’ll post a slightly modified version of his right up soon. The only real changes I’ll make will be to fit it into this park instead of Disneyland.​

The façade will be made out of oversized household objects such as books and a ribbon. A very simple example can be seen below. The real version, in a deviation from my concept art, would not look awful.​

3.png

-Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique-

Separating the oversized object entrance to the mouse ride and the Cinderella themed shop is a small section with some trees (trees block the show building) and Cinderella’s royal carriage. A perfect photo spot at any time. Even better when Cinderella and her prince come out to greet guests!​

4.png

The actual entrance to the shop is a small courtyard made to look like Lady Tremaine’s house, but with a royal makeover by the Fairy godmother.​

7.png

The fountain from the film where Cinderella first meant the Fairy Godmother is outside.​

5.png

Younger guests can enter the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique to get a royal makeover from the FGITs (Pronounce “fidgets”). That is, the Fairy godmothers in Training. They’ll make the dreams of young princesses and princes come true (assuming their parents pay because rich kids deserve more happiness than poor kids). Each makeover comes with a special photo with your FGIT in front of either the fountain or the carriage.​

6.png

Guests of all ages who want a little magic but don’t want (or can’t afford) a full makeover can always swing in to get a dash of pixie dust sprinkled over their heads by a FGIT. Make a wish!​

-Dreams Come True Gift Shop-

In the same building as the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique, the Dreams Come True Gift Shop is the main place for princess merchandise! Other fantasy type merchandise can be found here too, but the main focus is very much on princess stuff.​

-Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Scary Adventure-

Housed in Maurice’s Cottage with rock work and trees covering up the rest of the showbuilding, Belle’s Scary Adventure is a very classic style Fantasyland style dark ride.​

8.png

This ride is essentially a remake of Snow White’s Scary Adventure with a change of theme to Beauty and the Beast. This ride will focus more on the darker elements of the film like the encounters with the wolves and battle with Gaston over the more fun elements like Be Our Guest. The focus on the darker, tense moments will distinguish this from other BatB attractions.​

In an effort to emulate the classic style of dark rides, animatronics will be simple and in a limited amount. The focus is on the atmosphere and environments. The snowy forest, the dark foreboding castle, the rooftop battle in the thunderstorm. Atmosphere over everything.

9.png

Full write up might be done at some point. Especially if there is interest.

-Gaston’s Tavern-

10.png

Gaston’s Tavern can be found here. It is a bit smaller than the version in Disney World and just has the restaurant itself, not the courtyard and fountain out front. This helps serve as a transition to Dark Woods.​

Last edited:

AceAstro

-Fantasyland Part 1-

Traditionally, Fantasyland focuses on a medieval, European, storybook style.​

This Fantasyland is different.​

My Fantasyland is a celebration of fantasies from around the world!​

Stories are a universal experience. Something all people have in common. The legends, myths, and tall tales may change, the way they’re told may change, the people telling them may change, but stories have connected us all since the beginning of time.​

A fairytale version of the World Showcase, each attraction, restaurant, and store is designed to represent a different country or region.​

I’m going to be doing a bit more pictures to represent this land than I have in past rounds. So, I need to split this into 3 or 4 parts instead of the usual one or two. Part 1 connects to Enchanted Forest and Dark Woods. It is the Northwest corner of Fantasyland and the most traditional. Other parts will have a lot more new and interesting stuff.​

-Cinderella: The Mouse Dress Dream-

Credit to @AceAstro

This exciting dark ride/simulator blend will essentially be a retheme of the Rattatouille ride from Disney Studios Paris. Guest shrink down to the size of a mouse to help Jaq and Gus Gus make Cinderella’s dress. A fun, light hearted adventure enjoyable for all ages.​

Fun story: I was actually planning on including a ride like this in Fantasyland before reading AceAstro’s fantastic mouse ride which he coincidentally wrote for the SYWTBAI round that just ended. So, instead of writing my own, I asked to use Ace’s wonderful ride. I’ll post a slightly modified version of his right up soon. The only real changes I’ll make will be to fit it into this park instead of Disneyland.​

The façade will be made out of oversized household objects such as books and a ribbon. A very simple example can be seen below. The real version, in a deviation from my concept art, would not look awful.​

-Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique-

Separating the oversized object entrance to the mouse ride and the Cinderella themed shop is a small section with some trees (trees block the show building) and Cinderella’s royal carriage. A perfect photo spot at any time. Even better when Cinderella and her prince come out to greet guests!​

The actual entrance to the shop is a small courtyard made to look like Lady Tremaine’s house, but with a royal makeover by the Fairy godmother.​

The fountain from the film where Cinderella first meant the Fairy Godmother is outside.​

Younger guests can enter the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique to get a royal makeover from the FGITs (Pronounce “fidgets”). That is, the Fairy godmothers in Training. They’ll make the dreams of young princesses and princes come true (assuming their parents pay because rich kids deserve more happiness than poor kids). Each makeover comes with a special phot with your FGIT in front of either the fountain or the carriage.​

Guests of all ages who want a little magic but don’t want (or can’t afford) a full makeover can always swing in to get a dash of pixie dust sprinkled over their heads by a FGIT. Make a wish!​

-Dreams Come True Gift Shop-

In the same building as the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique, the Dreams Come True Gift Shop is the main place for princess merchandise! Other fantasy type merchandise can be found here too, but the main focus is very much on princess stuff.​

-Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Scary Adventure-

Housed in Maurice’s Cottage with rock work and trees covering up the rest of the showbuilding, Belle’s Scary Adventure is a very classic style Fantasyland style dark ride.​

This ride is essentially a remake of Snow White’s Scary Adventure with a change of theme to Beauty and the Beast. This ride will focus more on the darker elements of the film like the encounters with the wolves and battle with Gaston over the more fun elements like Be Our Guest. The focus on the darker, tense moments will distinguish this from other BatB attractions.​

In an effort to emulate the classic style of dark rides, animatronics will be simple and in a limited amount. The focus is on the atmosphere and environments. The snowy forest, the dark foreboding castle, the rooftop battle in the thunderstorm. Atmosphere over everything.​

Full write up might be done at some point. Especially if there is interest.​

-Gaston’s Tavern-

Gaston’s Tavern can be found here. It is a bit smaller than the version in Disney World and just has the restaurant itself, not the courtyard and fountain out front. This helps serve as a transition to Dark Woods.​

I love Fantasyland already! Can’t wait to see your version of the Cinderella ride as well as the rest of Fantasyland!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Fantasyland Part 2-

This top right corner of Fantasyland connects to Dark Woods, Cloud Circus, and Tomorrowland. It features the Storyteller Gardens, the icon for Fantasyland (other than the castle of course).​

1.png

-Amias Market-

Loosely themed to Coco, the Amias Market has a Mexican flair. This shop is dedicated to the themes of music and friendship. It sells merchandise primarily related to fun side characters and good friendships (Olaf, Buzz and Woody, Timon and Pumba, Sebastion, etc.). This store has two entrances.​

One next to the entrance/exit to Festival of the Lion King more themed to a colorful, fantasy version of Mexican architecture similar to the picture below (but smaller of course).​

2.png

And one along the path towards Dark Woods with a more Land of the Dead theme inspired by Coco.

3.png

-Festival of the Lion King-

Fun story about Festival of the Lion King. This was one of the later additions to Animal Kingdom’s opening day line up. After Beastly Kingdom was cut, Camp Minni-Mickey was quickly put together to fill the void. Festival of the Lion King was the quickly thrown together show meant to serve as the main attraction for the new land. It reused the floats from the temporary Lion King Parade and puppets from the old Lion King puppet show from Fantasyland. The remaining costumes were cheaply made, the show was set up as just a simple series of performances set to the music from the film (gymnastics with Hakuna Matata, dancing to Can You Feel the Love Tonight, etc.).​

A simple thrown together show made out of left overs.​

There is no reason at all this show should be good.​

YET!​

Festival of the Lion King has outlived the land it was built for and is regularly considered one of if not the best stage shows in Disney World! It has defied all the odds to become something incredible!​

Featuring some minor updates to the costumes and sets for the modern age, this show will come to Pi’s Disneyland! The Harmambe Storytellers have come to Fantasyland to put on a grand show for us all to enjoy.​

4.png

The façade will be a more fantasy version of African architecture similar to the theater in Animal Kingdom, but without the theming to make it look run down. Most of the show building itself will be hidden behind trees and the Amias Market so the entrance is mostly all that can be seen.

5.png

-Clan Dunbroch Banquet Hall QSR-

Filling in for the Village Haus as the main quick service location for Fantasyland, the Clan Dunbroch Banquet Hall will be a Scottish themed restaurant inspired by the movie Brave. As this is the main quick service in Fantasyland, the food option will be kept more generalized with things like chicken, pizza, and burgers. There will be one or two actual Scottish dishes mixed in though.

6.png

The façade will be based on Castle Dunbroch from the film, Brave. Vine covered stone walls, torches out front, and an ancient feel, this will be a great addition to the visuals of Fantasyland. A small, grassy area will separate the two entrances. In the grassy area will be a few trees and a replica of the Stonehenge from the film. At night, lighting and projection effects will make the Stonehenge (and the rest of the building too) come to life with the Will of the Wisps.

7.png

-Hercules Hall of Heroes Store-

The Hall of Heroes store is dedicated to the heroes and adventures that make stories so exciting! This is the best place to find merchandise for more “boy-focused” Disney fantasy movies like Hercules, Aladdin, Peter Pan, etc. Throughout the store, Marble statues and busts of different Disney heroes (Buzz Lightyear, Merida, Robin Hood, etc.) done in the style of ancient Greek statues can be found throughout. A small section is dedicated to Marvel and Star Wars, but this store is focused primarily on the Disney/Pixar brands.

8.png

The façade is made to be a stylistic version of Ancient Greek architecture inspired by the film, Hercules. Specifically the “Hercules Store” From the film.

9.png

-Storyteller Stage-

10.png

The Storyteller stage is nestled up against the back of the Carousel. This small, outdoor stage is lined with ivy covered stone columns. It almost looks more suited for Shakespeare in the park or a romantic dance in the moonlight than a Disney show.​

In front of the stage is the Storyteller Gardens. These small gardens are enclosed by stone walls that function as seat for the guest watching the shows on the Storyteller stage. At the far end of the gardens is the Monument to Stories from around the World. A beautifully drawn map of the world. Each region is labelled with the stories, legends, and myths that come from there.​

There are three different shows that take place on the Storyteller Stage throughout the day.​

Tangent: Have you seen the Frozen Sing Along in Hollywood Studios or California Adventure? By all accounts, the Frozen Sing Along should be cheesey toddler bait. Not something entertaining to those potty trained. Yet, this show is consistently funny. The set up is that the royal historians (two comedians who mix improvised joke in with their script) are recounting the story of the movie, often with the help of the characters.

My biggest problem with this show is that it has stayed Frozen. This would be so easy to update to new movies keeping the same set up of the royal historians! Just now they work for Motonui or the Land of the Dead instead of Arendelle.

Anyways, the storyteller shows will feature a pair of storytellers (comedians with improv mixed in with their scripts) telling guest the plots of different Disney movies. Often with the help of songs and characters from the films.​

At the opening to Pi’s Disneyland, they will tell the story of Sleeping Beauty for one show, The Little Mermaid for another, and Coco for the third show. These three shows will each be done two times throughout the day and last about 15-20 minutes. These shows will be updated and change out frequently. The Coco show will get replaced with the next Disney/Pixar musical when it comes out.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Fantasyland Part 3-

The final section of Fantasyland (other than what is in and around the castle itself). Centered around the carousel, this section is the first people see as they enter Fantasyland through the castle.
1.png

-Under the Sea Flat Ride-

Join Ariel and her fishey friends for a fun-filled dance under the sea! This flat ride will be the same kind of ride as Luigi’s Rollicking Roadsters in California Adventure where trackless vehicles dance along to the music.​

An animatronic Sebastion watches over guests and dances along with them from a top a spire in the center. Other simple figures of other fish musicians fill the area to help bring it to life.

3.png

Guests enter through a Dutch inspired building (reminiscent of Prince Eric’s Castle) and queue in a nautical themed room clearly decorated by sailors. Then the ride area itself is more themed to the under water world of Atlantica! The ride is not fully enclosed, but it is covered.

2.png

-Ship to Neveraland-

The third and final dock with ships to Neverland Island. This is the Mermaid Dock because it picks up from the Fantasyland side next to the Little Mermaid attraction and drops off in Neverland next to Mermaid Lagoon. Mermaid Dock is also the dock closest to Peter Pans flight on Neverland Island. As such, this is the one dock that never closes no matter how slow the park gets or how late in the day it gets.​

-Totoro's Treasures-

Representing Japanes culture and stories in this international Fantasyland (And much of Asia in general since the Mulan restaurant was cut to save Mulan for my hypothetical second park I may or may not do).​

This small store is the best place to find Ghibli merchandise in the park. Actually, the only place to find Ghibli anything in the park.​

A Totoro meet and greet will be housed within the shop too.​

The façade is inpired by this building from Spirited Away.​

4.png

-Jolly Holiday Carousel-

5.png

There is a grand tradion of carousels at the heart of Fantasyland. It almost feels as if the kingdom parks are built around the carousel. This is fitting as the idea for disneyland was built from an idea Walt had at a carousel with his kids.
It’s only fitting for a carousel to be found in this Fantasyland as well. This regal carousel will be a lovely sight for guests. Murals inspired by the animated, chalk drawing world from Mary Poppins can be seen around the center of the carousel.​

-Sword in the Stone-

6.png

Like the carousel, the Sword in the Stone is a Fantasyland staple. Nothing really new is done with it here. Merlin will come out to select a young kid to pull the sword out party way. He names the kid King/Queen for the day. It's a cute small show that helps fill Fantasyland with life.
The sword makes a good photo op even without Merlin.​

-Frozen: Elsa’s Grand Journey-

7.png

A new E-ticket trackless darkride unlike any seen before! This ride focuses on the oft-overlooked adventure found in the film Frozen. A showstopping Let it Go sequence insides a large, 360 degree projection dome doubles as a lift raising the cars up to a second floor.
A full write up for this attraction was done for the most recent round of So You Want to Be an Imagineer and will be quoted below. The main difference is the location as the write up done for SYWTBAI was made for Fantasyland in Disneyland. Instead of the second story of Frozen extending over the Village Haus, it will extend over a building in Tomorrowland. Also, Fairytale Feast and the gift shop are not in this version.
The facade is a small Arendelle/Norse themed courtyard with a fountain in the middle. At night, Queen Elsa comes out to put on a small show in the courtyard. Projection and lighting effects (Projector is hidden in the fountain and on nearby buildings) make it look as if Elsa is magically freezing the buildings in the courtyard. Throughout the day, Elsa, Anna, and Olaf come by the Fountain to meet with guests.​

-New Groove Juice Bar-

8.png

Housed in a façade inspired by the fanciful version of ancient Peruvian architecture found in the film The Emperor’s New Groove, the New Groove Juice Bar is the place to go to find all kinds of (non-alcoholic) mixed drinks, frozen drinks, and smoothies! The inside is themed to Yzma’s lab with purple hues and vaguely scientific looking tubes and beakers everywhere. There is no seating area inside, just a small lobby so people can get out of the sun while they wait in line. Cast members are dressed in lab gear as they are supposed to be Yzma’s lab assistant. The drinks are meant to be her potions.​

So, if you’re thirsty come to the New Groove Juice Bar and pick your poison.

-Whole New World simulator-

9.png

Dive into a Whole New World and fly through the clouds with dazzling sights to see. This simulator attraction will forego the usual enclosed capsule design of Star Tours for a more open air design similar to Back to the Future the Ride and the Simpsons Ride in Universal.​

Guests enter through an Agrabah inspired façade into a queue inspired by the palace. Guests than are seperated into different small rooms and told to board the magic carpet. Much like the Magic Carpet ride in Disney Worold, fake pillows and cushions are used for the seat backs and safety walls on the ride vehicles.

10.png

When the ride begins, the carpets lift up completely out of the small rooms! All, the carpets are in the same larger room using the same IMAX screen for the flight. 3-D glasses give the illusion that each carpet is the only one on this flight.​

The plot is that Jafar has trapped Aladdin and Jasmine. So, Genie has gathered a large amount of magic carpets and volunteers (the guests) to take flight and save his friends. Genie acts as our guide as we fly. After rescuing Aladdin and Jasmine, we join them for a celebratory flight through Agrabah while they sing about the Whole New World they’ve found together.​

The showbuilding is actually built so that it is partially underground to hide the height of it. That way, it won’t hurt sightlines in the park.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Working on the next update (the castle) and just had to take a step back. Sometimes I get discouraged with my art skills, especially looking at some of the amazing stuff people on here can do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way sometimes. But keep going and keep working. I'm not at the place I want to be yet and this new picture is far from perfect. But looking at the progress I have made in just over a year really puts it into perspective.

Here is my castle for Disneyland Kansas from late 2016/early 2017 (I believe it was early January I posted it) compared to Snow White's Castle made for this dream park.

art progress.png

You may not be making progress as fast as you want and you may not be where you want to be yet. But keep going. It gets better with every step. Bit by bit.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Working on the next update (the castle) and just had to take a step back. Sometimes I get discouraged with my art skills, especially looking at some of the amazing stuff people on here can do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way sometimes. But keep going and keep working. I'm not at the place I want to be yet and this new picture is far from perfect. But looking at the progress I have made in just over a year really puts it into perspective.

Here is my castle for Disneyland Kansas from late 2016/early 2017 (I believe it was early January I posted it) compared to Snow White's Castle made for this dream park.

View attachment 257378

You may not be making progress as fast as you want and you may not be where you want to be yet. But keep going. It gets better with every step. Bit by bit.
Practice makes perfect! An excellent example of how we all get better the more we do this!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-In and Around Snow White Castle-

At the center of every Disney castle park is a… well… a castle! Inspired by the classic Disney film Snow White, Pi’s Disneyland features a grand castle.

1.png

-The Castle Itself-

2.png

The castle itself is inspired by the castle from the film, Snow White, and the castle from Disneyland Paris. It features a raised hill that the castle is built into. The hill is actually a hidden showbuilding allowing the castle to be bigger on the inside. On the Adventureland side (left), the hill gently slopes to ground level. On the tomorrowland side (right), the hill raises into an almost mini mountain that helps hide showbuildings in Tomorrowland from views in Fantasyland/Fantasia Avenue (Main Street). Forced perspective is used with the hills, the castle, and the trees around the area to make the castle appear larger than it truly is.

3.png

-The Royal Table: Character Dining Experience-

4.png

On the second floor of the castle, this character dining experience features exquisite food and world class atmosphere. Windows overlook Fantasyland on one side and Fantasia Avenue (Main Street) on the other. Princesses wander the dining room greeting guests accompanied by their prince’s (Many of the prince’s can only be seen here). The exact selection of characters changes, but Snow White and her prince are always there. Frozen, Tangled, and Cinderella characters are never present since they all have dedicated meet and greets with the couples elsewhere. This is an expensive experience, but great care is taken to ensure it is worth the money spent with the food, atmosphere, and characters. All diners get to go home with a souvenir cup/goblet of their choosing from the selection available as an extra bonus.

-Crystal Shop-

5.png

A shop selling exquisite crystal creations will be housed just to the left of the main path through the castle in between the two entrances to Fairytale Hall. Honestly, this shop will serve almost more like a small walkthrough exhibit with a focus on high end creations most guests would rather look at than buy. A small selection of more reasonably priced merchandise is available, but guests interested in actually purchasing crystal creations would be better off with the shop on Fantasia Avenue. Guests who just want to take a look at the castle recreation and Cinderella’s shoe are the focus here.

-The Castle Banquet Hall Quick Service Restaurant-

In the real life parks, dining inside the castle is a privelage that requires a reservation made well in advance and a lot of money. While the Royal Table is still a somewhat exclusive experience, The Castle Banquet Hall will make dinign inside the castle a realistic option for all park guests! The atmosphere is a bit less exquisite, there are no characters, and it is quick service rather than table service, but it still is a very nice experience housed in a lovely castle dining room. The best analogy I can think of is the the Royal Table is the Grand Floridian Hotel and the Castle Banquet Hall is the All Star Resorts.

The entrance, counters for ordering, and kitchen are housed in the castle itself. The large dining area, unbeknownst to guests, is actually in the show building hidden by the hill to the right. As far as guests know, the whole restaurant is magically within the castle itself.

There are four rooms in the dining area: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Since the dining area is underneath the hill, there can’t be any actual windows. There are large fake windows (Like the ballroom in the Be Our Guest Restaurant) in each dining room. The “windows” look out over Snow White’s kingdom in the season of the dining room the windows are in (The Spring room overlooks a beautiful springtime meadow, the winter room overlooks an enchanting snowy environment, etc.).

-Fairytale Hall-

Housed primarily in the show building hidden by the hill to the left of the castle, the Fairytale Hall is the best place to meet princesses!

No, not meet princesses for dating.

Well, I do have a friend who got Merida’s number at a meet and greet one time. (True Story)

But I mean like meet and greets!

The lobby area for Fairytale Hall will feature ceramic murals depicting different Disney Princesses. The ceramic murals are actually framed and slotted into place rather than attached to the wall. So, the murals are changed out so they always match the princesses meeting guests. From the lobby, guests can enter one of three different queues to meet different pairs of princesses. Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, Snow White, and Cinderella can not be found in Fairytale Hall as they each have their own meet and greets elsewhere in the park.

-Wishing Well-

8.png

The iconic wishing well from Snow White can be found tucked into the side of the castle. A little courtyard houses it with just enough room for a small show!

Storytime at the Wishing Well

Snow White comes out to tell her story with the help of younger guests. This is done in a similar way to the old version of Storytime with Belle (same as the current version but without the animatronic. A short interactive show aimed towards little ones. This will be an enjoyable experience made even better by the setting of the shadow of the castle. After the show, guests of all ages can meet and greet with Snow White.

Nearby in the trees will be a small recreation of the Snow White garden display from Disneyland.

9.png

-Rainbow Falls Cavern-

10.png

A tunnel needs to be used to connect Fantasyland and the hub on the right side through the hill since the hill extends into the buildings of Tomorrowland. This tunnel will be Rainbow Falls Cavern. A small walkthrough attraction.

Well, technically not an attraction as it is not even listed on the guidemap.

This small walkthrough… thing… is a glowing, magical cave full of light and color! Inspired by the old Rainbow Cavern from the extinct Dinseyland attarction Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland. The new one will use some of the glowy technology and blacklight stuff recently used in Pandora at Animal Kingdom to breath new life into these old ideas. Ultimately just a small way to liven up an empty patch of walkway where there isn’t enough room for a real attraction, but Rainbow Falls Cavern will still be an incredible sight for all to see.

-Sir Mickey’s Gift Shop-

A gift shop right at the entrance to Fantasyland in the shadow of the castle, Sir Mickey’s has a selection general fantasy merchandise with a focus on toys, stuffed animals, and other child focused merchandise.

-Friar’s Nook-

replace 7.png

A small food stand with some of the best macaroni and cheese in the kingdom. A good quick way to get a snack as you start your day in Fantasyland.

This is a direct import from Disney World’s Magic Kingdom because the Columbia Harbor House wouldn’t fit my themeing anywhere and Friar’s Nook is a close second to their mac & cheese for my favorite cheesey noodles in the Magic Kingdom.

-Why Snow White?-

One last thing I want to talk about in this update.

The reason there is so much Snow White in this park.

The castle, the wishing well, the cottage, the seven dwarf mine, the Poison Apple Tavern. There’s a large Snow white Presence.

It is not just because of Snow White’s important place in Disney history as the first princess and the first animated movie ever.

It is not just because snow White is perhaps the one property that could smoothly fit in Fantasyland, Enchanted forest, and Dark woods making it an idea transition between the three lands.

It is not because I’m a huge Snow White fan (It’s alright, not the best Disney movie though).

For those of you who don’t know, I used to be a cast member working at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. One day while working as the greeter out front, a young Hispanic woman came up to me holding a map looking distraught. There was a language barrier. I could not gather the whole story exactly right away, but I eventually understood. They were only here for one day and it was a once in a lifetime thing where they would not be back in the parks for a while if ever. She had a kid in a Snow White dress standing to the side with (presumably) her husband.

This woman was desperately trying to find where she could meet Snow White. But there is no where in the Magic Kingdom you can meet Snow White. The little girl was devastated (toddler age). The mom was at the edge of tears. I tried to get my manager involved to see if there was anything we could do.

There wasn’t.

It isn’t the worst issue ever. Not being able to see the character you want, in the grand scheme of things, is a small problem. But at Disney, cast members are given a lot of tools and freedom to help people and to make their day.

This is the one time I wasn’t able to fix the guest’s issue or get them to someone who could. There was nothing I could do to cheer them up or nothing I could offer. I had to watch a young girl in a princess dress walk away crying knowing she may never get the chance to meet her favorite princess like she dreamed of.

I know it’s a small thing, but I was able to help make so many people happy during my time there. It stuck with me as the one time I really wasn’t able to help.

So, all the Snow White in this park is dedicated to the young Hispanic girl in the Snow White dress.

Also, my aunt really loves Snow White, so there’s that too.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Also, updated park map with the completed Fantasyland! Past sections have been getting increasingly blurry due to how I've been copying things and stitching them together. Gonna fix that eventually so everything looks nice. Especially since I'm debating about getting a print out poster of the map once it is done for my room as a neat way to celebrate finishing it. Especially since it will be really cheap (or maybe free if I say it is for a class) at my university.
map - mark 5.png

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alright, fixed up the park map so it looks better and less blurry on the older sections and added a few new details (Like actually putting fire Mountain on the map) to fancy it up a bit. Missed the messed up text on the cave of the wayfinders. I'll fix that later. *fixed*

map - mark 6.png

What do you guys think? What areas could be fixed up? Or any details you'd want to see added?

Attachments

• map - mark 6.png
    map - mark 6.png
    501.1 KB · Views: 1,147
Last edited:

AceAstro

Alright, fixed up the park map so it looks better and less blurry on the older sections and added a few new details (Like actually putting fire Mountain on the map) to fancy it up a bit. Missed the messed up text on the cave of the wayfinders. I'll fix that later.

View attachment 257619

What do you guys think? What areas could be fixed up? Or any details you'd want to see added?
This map is incredible!! I love it so far!! I can't wait to see the rest of the park that goes along with it!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Cloud Circus-

If an elephant can fly, why can’t the whole Circus?

This simple question is what prompted Nick Nimbus, the Ringmaster, to build the world’s first flying circus. A show like nothing on earth (because it is, in fact, floating above the earth). This circus is nestled in the clouds for all to enjoy.

That is the theme/story at least.

In reality, the whole land is built on top of the showbuildings for Small World and the Star Wars ride. A sloping path themed to Jack’s Beanstalk takes guest from Fantasyland to the Cloud Circus. Forced perspective is used to make the height difference look bigger. A sloping path with a wonderful Mary Blaire/Small World stylistic appearance takes guests from Tomorrowland to Cloud Circus. The walkways in Cloud Circus are slightly puffy and squishy (like is used in playgrounds) to help give the illusion that guests are walking on clouds. Fog machines are scattered throughout (subtly and disguised) to give the whole land a foggy, cloudy atmosphere (Man, I’m a wordsmith lol. I describe the cloud land full of fog machines as “foggy” and “cloudy.” Pulitzer price here I come haha).

1.png

-Big Top Snacks-

2.png

Inspired by Big Top Treats in Disney World, Big Top Snacks is expanded into a quick service restaurant serving hot dogs (including specialty ones like from Casey's Corner) and corn dogs. Guests can still purchase all manner of specialty popcorns and desserts though just like the shop in florida that inspired it! Including the specialty Cloudy Day Cotton Candy. A giant, extra floofy cotton candy with a small toy version of a circus tent placed on top as a souvenir.

-Dumbo: The Flying Elephant-

3.png

The classic high flying elephant attraction! This park will borrow the “Dueling Dumbos” Layout from Disney World. One side will overlook Fantasyland, the other will overlook Tomorrowland. The attraction itself does have one small update. The arms now extend out a couple extra feet. This allows the Dumbos to fly out over the edge of Cloud Circus. Visually, the attraction will receive an overhaul to have a more Mary Blair style. That is because both sides of Dumbo will overlook Small World. Thus, Dumbo will be designed to compliment the classic Small World façade rather than clash with it.

-The Greatest Show Above the Earth-

4.png

An exciting, high energy circus performance unlike any other! Live acrobats, tight rope walkers, jugglers, and more! Musical numbers with grand dances and original songs! Live (Animatronic) circus animals! But not just any circus animals, the kind you’d find only in a flying circus! Dragons, gryphons, pegasuses (pegasi?), and, of course, Elephants! Well, one elephant. Dumbo himself makes an appearance, which is only fitting since he was the one who inspired Nick Nimbus to start this whole show.

5.png

Speaking of Nick Nimbus, as ringmaster he is your charismatic host for the show. When the show is not currently going, he is often wandering around Cloud Circus interacting with guests, taking pictures, telling stories of his travels around the world finding creatures/acts for his show, and even doing simple magic tricks! Nick Nimbus himself takes a lot of inspiration from the Dream Finder and the version P. T. Barnum found in the Greatest Showman. An over the top, charismatic, jolly showman who will do everything in his power to bring smiles to people’s faces. Even traveling to the ends of the earth to find an interesting new species of monster for his show. Hopefully, he will be a worthy addition to the pantheon of memorable, original Disney parks characters.

extra.png

Nick Nimbus was actually offered membership to S.E.A. (The Society of Explorers and Adventurers) after a particularly daring trip to South America to find The Beast of Indeterminate Form (BIF, pronounced: The Biff). Nimbus turned down the invitation as all his exploring/adventuring has been in service of creating a better show by finding new acts and creatures. He felt that he didn't really fit in with S.E.A. as his exploring and adventuring was just in service to his true passion as a show man. He has performed shows exclusively for S.E.A. members before at their various bases of operation (such as the Skippers Canteen and the Adventurer's Club). He has also let S.E.A. members hide out disguised as members of his circus when they had to flee dangerous situations. Captain Mary Oceaneer was a clown in Nimbus's circus for over three years after a particularly nasty pirate took an interest in her. To this day, Nimbus does not know if that interest was fueled by love, revenge, or both.
Thus, Nick Nimbus is an ally to S.E.A. and considered by many to be an honorary member, but he is technically independent.

A comic series depicting his adventurers building the circus and some of his encounters with S.E.A. will be released to promote the opening of Pi's Disneyland.

-Casey Jr Water Play Area-

6.png

A small water play area themed to a parked circus train. This is very similar to the one in Magic Kingdom, but there is one major difference. Instead of giraffes and monkeys, the train is full of flying circus animals. An allicorn, a hippogryph, a phoenix, and more!

This will be a good spot for young guests to play and add a nice kinetic energy to the land.

-Ringmaster’s Gifts-

A big gift shop housed in a brick extension of the train station featuring all your Dumbo, Cloud Circus, Casey Jr, and Nick Nimbus merchandise. Also the best place for stuffed animals in the entire park!

-Flying Circus Train Above Storybook Land-

Storybook Land is a Disneyland classic! Guests board a boat for a slow moving ride past small scale miniatures of villages, towns, and kingdoms from different Disney shorts and movies. It’s delightful and charming to see the tiny houses and environments created for the ride.

7.png

This version is a little different.

Guests enter the gorgeous brick train Station to queue for the ride. They board the train and it start wheeling along the ground. As you approach the end of the station, guests realize that the tracks end!

The train runs right off the tracks!

Yet, there is no crash. No disaster.

The train has magically taken flight!

10.png

Using a similar ride system to Peter Pan’s Flight, the flying train is suspended below an unseen track. Of course, by the nature of this being an outdoor ride, guests will be able to see the track if they really look for it. An element of willing suspension of disbelief is at play here. Especially since, as you can see on the map, guests can just walk to the edge and look out at Storybook land even without riding. Narration by Nick Nimbus is played to enhance the ride even more.

Storybook Land is surrounded by a “mountain” range blocking views in and out from other lands of the park. The miniatures of Storybook Land will help sell the idea that Cloud Circus is actually way up in the sky. Also, this is the largest Storybook Land to accommodate the change in ride system. This will allow even more miniature worlds to be displayed!

At one point, guests fly into the Cave of Wonders! There they fly past jewels, riches, and the Genie’s Lamp. Then, while in the cave, guest are surrounded by dazzling lights. Down below guest they can see Rapunzel and Flynn all tiny singing their famous song “At last I see the light.” The Floating Lanterns fill the cave getting bigger as they get closer to guests to reinforce to forced perspective. Guests then exit the cave for a last loop around Storybook Land before returning to the station. The wheels are funneled onto the track to bring the train back to the ground for the next group of riders.

The queue building is a bit larger than necessary for this ride. That is because, due to the nature of being on the roof of the Star Wars Ride, most of the maintenance/storage for the ride will have to be handled on site in that building.​

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom