Pi's Disneyland! Updated: Fire Mountain

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm on a roll today and thought I might as well keep going! I might touch up one or two things later, but I'm just gonna go ahead and post the next land! (Also, @MonorailRed I swear it's a coincidence that I have a winnie the Pooh splash Mountain in the part I'm posting right after you posted that idea in the one sentence thread lol)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Enchanted Forest Part 1-

Nestled in the back corner of the park lies a quiet little woodland area. Where fairies dance through the trees, the animals frolic, pots of honey are plentiful, and princesses go to get away from it all!
“It all” is a phrase which here means, “Evil stepmothers.”
The Enchanted Forest has a larger focus on nature and gardens. Significantly less man-made buildings. Most shops and attractions are either open air or housed in large trees or caves. This land almost serves as a cross between Fantasyland and Critter Country, with a strong focus on nature that almost feels like it belongs in Animal Kingdom. At night, projections and fiber optic lights are used to make it look as if glowing fairies are flying through the land.
a1.png

-Snuggly Duckling Table Service Buffet/Show-
a2.png

Seemingly built into the side of a large tree and as if the whole building is about to fall over, the Snuggly Duckling radiates charm and class. The inside is… similar in style. But much like the thugs, rufians, and thiefs that run the establishment, there is more to this place than meets the eyes.
The Snuggly Duckling features a delicious buffet of German food (similar to what can be found at the buffet in Epcot’s Germany pavilion) and a fantastic apple juice based signature drink (similar to Lefou’s Brew). The food isn’t the only reason to come to here though!
a3.png

A “live” show is put on by the ruffians who call this place home! Using a cast of audio animatronics and feeling almost like an updated Country Bear Jamboree, the thugs perform a comedic musical medley that will be sure to delight all. There are two different 15 minute long shows with a 15 minute break in between each. Diners can take a leisurely 45 minutes to an hour to eat and never see the same show twice!
a4.png

Just outside the Snuggly Duckling at the entrance to the land, the tower from Tangled can be seen just on the other side of the rocks out of reach. But the familiar looking painting Rapunzel added to the rock wall as well as the majestic waterfall make a great background to get photos taken with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider!
In a future expansion, this are might be used to house a Tangled dark ride, but that will not be open with the park.

-Pixie Hollow Tree-
a5.png

Sitting near the entrance to the land and where the two main paths split up. The Pixie Hollow Tree serves as icon of the Enchanted Forest. At night the tree lights up with a dazzling golden glow. The path around the tree has star lights embedded in the ground making it seem as if guests are walking on Pixie dust. Tinkerbell and her fairy friends have been known to come by the tree to take pictures with people!

-Cheese’s Chase-
a6.png

Join Cheese the mouse in a chase around Pixie Hollow! This whip ride (Like Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree), will be fun and thrilling for guests of all ages! This path has some over-sized object scattered around to give the illusion of being pixie sized. It won’t be a seemless illusion as this only covers a small area and guest can see Neverland Island the whole time. It is just enough details to add to the fun atmosphere.

-Ship to Neverland: Pixie Hollow Dock-
a7.png

Another spot guests can find a ship to Neverland is here in the Enchanted Forest. The Pixie Hollow dock takes guest to the northern, wooded section of Neverland Island. This is the first dock to be closed in light crowds.

-The Tinker’s Shop-
a8.png

This small shop sells all kinds of souvenirs. A focus mostly on Tinkerbell and Peter Pan merchandise. Wonderland stuff can be found here too with how close it is to the Wonderland Gardens. This shop looks to be made out of random found objects in a hut made out of leaves and is run by the Tinker Fairies.

-Wonderland Gardens-
a9.png

A weaving, winding, wondrous garden path full of frightfully fantastic flora. Roses (both red and white) and many other types of flowers fill this area. Topiaries of characters from the classic film are scattered about as well. The many interconnecting paths through the gardens can feel almost maze like. But the goal is not for guests to get lost, it is for them to enjoy the beauty of nature. And maybe enjoy a cup of tea or some light snacks from the Mad Hatter’s Tea Shop in the center of the gardens.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Enchanted Forest Part 2-

Let’s continue right where we left off. With the upper half of the land. (Honestly the only reason this was split up is because I love me some pictures and this site limits you to ten a post).
b1.png

-Bambi’s Frightful Forest-
b2.png

Entering into a cave, guests board small wooden carts for a traditional Fantasyland style dark ride themed to Bambi! This will start off with beautiful forest scenes full of critters and flowers and even a waterfall. The lovely forest truly is a sight to behold. Guests will get to see Thumper, Flower, and Bambi all having a fun day.
b3.png

Suddenly, a fire breaks out! The second half of the ride is a crazy rush with Bambi and friends escaping the flaming forest. Then, everyone makes it to safety for a happy ending and guests return to the Enchanted Forest.​

-Splash Mountain with Winnie the Pooh & Tigger too-
b4.png

Guests board log boats for a ride down a river winding through the 100 Acre Woods to help Winnie the Pooh find some hunny! Along the way, see all of Pooh’s friends, explore Tigger’s jumping spot, and even have a run in with some Heffalumps and Woozles! Don’t get to comfortable though, this is far from a clam river. Numerous drops throughout the ride will be sure to add some thrills and get guests soaked! The climax of the ride involve following Pooh up a tall lift hill as he floats up towards a bee hive with his balloon. Piglet warns Pooh that the bees will pop the balloon, but his warnings come too late! A POP is heard as Pooh and the guests tumble down the waterfall into a massive splash!
b5.png

Luckily, Pooh is able to stitch himself back together just in time for his surprise birthday party with plenty hunny as gifts from all his friends! It truly is a zipadeedoda day here in the 100 Acre Woods!
-100 Acre Goods-
b6.png

Located at the exit to Splash Mountain, this surprisingly large gift shop is the best place for Winnie the Pooh merchandise. Bambi and Tangled merchandise can also be found here as well as some stuff for the classic version of Splash Mountain. This store functions as a main shop for all of Enchanted Forest.
-Rumbly Tummy Café: Quick Service Restaurant-

This indoor quick service restaurant features delisious English comfort food and adult version of what are usually considered kid’s menu items. The best place to enjoy some delicious chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, and macaronic & cheese! The fish and chips are also a treat! Don’t forget to buy a souvenir hunny pot cup!​

-Hunny Pot Spin-
b7.png

Serving as this parks version of the teacups, Hunny Pot Spin is a dizzying ride that guests of all ages will enjoy! This ride will be very similar to the one in Shanghai, except for being open air and roofless.

-Seven Dwarves Mine Walkthrough/Playground-
b8.png

Guests of all ages (but mostly younger ones) will love taking a tour though the jewel filled mines of the seven dwarves! Climb rock walls, explore caves, slide down slides, and much more! This exciting playground will be a delight! Parents can enjoy the air conditioning and comfy seats as their kids play. A small stand selling drinks and snacks can be found here as well as a small stand selling Snow White souvenirs. Kids can even go panning for jewels! But it will cost a small fee to keep them.
In a future phase, this area may be replaces with a Snow White dark ride or a Mine Train coaster based on guest response.

-Seven Dwarf Cottage-
b9.png

Finally, at the point where Enchanted Forest, Fantasyland , and the Dark Woods (tentative name) meet, guest can fine the Seven Dwarf Cottage. This is not really an attraction, but it does make a lovely photo op! Sometime you might even run into one or two (or all 7) of the dwarves themselves here!​

-Updated Park Map-

map - mark 3.png

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I absolutely love this area of the park and I know this is where I would spend the most of my time!!

I think it has been increased. For the second SYWTBAI project, I had 15 pictures and 4 videos and had no problems posting that!
Maybe it changed back with the update? Or the website hates me specifically lol. It wouldn't let me when I tried.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Dark Woods-

Disneyland is a magical place where good always triumphs over evil. Hope over despair. Love over hate.
But what if darkness was stronger than light?
The Dark Woods is a land where the more twisted side of Disney comes out. Where villains and monsters hide. Where spooks come out for a swinging wake. A cobblestone road winds through the thick forest. Eerie sounds can be heard coming from unknown sources. At night, glowing eyes can be seen watching you from the trees.​

Welcome to the Dark Woods.​

1.png

-Poison Apple Tavern-
2.png

Behind the Seven Dwarf Cottage, the haunted woods Snow White traveled through can be found signaling that guests are entering into a different kind of section of the park. Those brave enough to make their way into this new land will find the Poison Apple Tavern.
3.png

The Poison Apple Tavern is a quick service restaurant themed to the Evil Queen and all the other Disney Villains. The Magic Mirror rests near the entrance of the restaurant greeting guests as they enter. Specialty dishes themed to various Disney villains are served here. Don’t forget a freshly made caramel apple for dessert.
In the mornings, guests can reserve a spot for an unforgettable character dining breakfast with the Evil Queen and her villainous friends.​

-Mickey Mouse in the Mad Doctor’s Manic Mansion-
4.png

Guests are ushered into the Mad Doctor's Evil Lair.... I mean mansion... to see a demonstration of his newest experiment. Little do they know, they are the experiment!​

Follow Mickey Mouse and Pluto (fellow trapped victims) for a crazy omnimover chase through the Manic Mansion and the surrounding graveyard.
5.png

This attraction serves as this parks equivalent to the Haunted Mansion. It features the same ride system, Doom Buggy ride vehicles, a stretching room, and many scenes reminiscent of the classic attraction. A simple write up will be posted soon!​

This ride comes from Season 14 of SYWTBAI. The write up was mine, but the concept was a group effort of Team Younger.​

Special thanks go out to:
@MCParradox
@NAdoTEg - who was only with us in spirit for this round
@StevenU
@ThatGuyFromFlorida
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@Magic Feather

-Pete’s Very Legitimate Store-

Near the exit to Manic Mansion, guests will see a ramshackle shack. Inside, Pete has set up a store that he assures everyone is a very legitimate business. Just ignore the obvious tax fraud and clearly stolen items being sold.
Pete definitely came by objects like the Genie’s lamp and Elsa’s crown through legal means and he is willing to sell them to you for exorbitant prices!
Don’t forget famous paintings for sale like the Mona Lisa! (Ignore the shoddy quality, and the fact that Pete signed his own name in the corner before hastily crossing it out to write “Duh Vanci”)
Besides the fake stuff for theming, guests actually can buy all kinds of Disney Villain Merchandise and Manic Mansion merchandise.​

-Legend of the Headless Horseman-
6.png

Guests cross the covered bridge (Into a perpetually nighttime forest housed in a large showbuilding) to join a queue line in the woods. The queue is atmospherically very similar in feeling to the outside portion of tower of Terror, but without the hotel. At the end of the line, guests board a large wooden carts that hold 20 guests plus a live host (A smaller, more themed version of the Great Movie Ride vehicles). Your guide invites you on a tour of Sleepy Hollow.​

The ride is a slow moving trip past sets meant to tell the story of Ichabod Crane, the Headless Horseman, and the ill-fated town of Sleepy Hollow. We are not viewing the story as it happens, just passing by the locations after the fact. Each building haunted by what took place in this town exactly one year ago.

The host tells the tale of how Ichabod Crane went missing and how the whole town was abandoned after for fear of the mysterious figure known simply as the Headless Horseman. As the ride goes on, more and more strange sights are seen. Statues with their heads cut off. Smashed pumpkins. Even a flaming building. The host starts to question whether taking a job as a Sleepy hollow tour guide was worth the risk. The host decides to just leave the town. If you can just cross the covered bridge, you’ll be safe.

Then, you spot him! The Headless Horseman! He chases you down (like the scene where the Carnataurus chases you in Dinosaur). After narrowly escaping him, the bridge is in sight. The horseman is seen again with a flaming pumpkin in hand!
7.png

The host pushes the ride vehicle to its limit trying to get out of here (A whopping 5 mph!!). Hooves can be heard behind you. Getting closer. Then, guests manage to just make it to the bridge! Everyone is safe!​

Or so you think.​

The car suddenly stops on the bridge.​

The sound of hooves gets louder.​

The lights go out.​

Hooves.​

A scream is heard.​

The sound of hooves has stopped.​

It is eerily silent.​

When the lights come back on, the host is gone.​

The cart moves ahead, without a driver.​

Guests head to the unload dock shaken by the terrifying ride and the disappearance of the host.​

In reality, the host just left under the cover of the dark using the scream to cover the sounds. This attraction is meant to be more intense and scary than usual Disney rides, but the live host gives a chance for the cast member to make the ride less scary at their discretion for younger guests to help avoid the issue of Aline Encounter’s intensity.​

-Sleepy Hollow General Store-

The sleepy Hollow General Store is at the exit to the Legend of the Headless Horseman. It features Sleepy Hollow and Pinocchio merchandise. It is also a good place to get fresh fruit or prepackaged snack food.​

-Sleepy Hollow Inn Table Service-

This table service restaurant features New England food and a surprisingly warm and welcoming atmosphere. Not much to say about it. Yummy food. Good service. I assume good service at least. Disney cast members are usually pretty good. This is a simple, unexciting restaurant meant to appeal to people too “mature” for heavily themed restaurants and character dining. Boring people.​

-Halloween Town Labyrinth-
8.png

Enter through a pumpkin shaped door in a tree in the woods to find the spooky fun world of Nightmare before Christmas. This maze takes guests through the town itself, the graveyard, past the spiral hill (where Jack and Sally can sometimes be found for photo ops), and back out to the Dark Woods. Guests will love seeing classic characters and environments from the film. Simple motion figures of residents of the town bring it to life. Projections/pepper’s ghost effects let Zero follow along on your trip through the maze.​

-Pumpkin Patch Gift Shop-

At the exit to the Halloweentown maze is a small shop known as the Pumpkin Patch. It sells a large amount of Nightmare before Christmas merchandise.​

-Pinocchio the Musical-
9.png

Housed inside Stromboli’s theater, guests can see a fantastic, broadway style retelling of Pinocchio! This version of the musical will based on a project done by Team Younger in SYWTBAI. The original post will be quoted below for reference. This will feature an original song written (and poorly sung) by your’s truly.

Special thanks to:​

-Dragon’s Lair-
10.png

A small walkthrough attraction lifted from Disneyland Paris. In a cold and dark cavern in the Dark Woods sits a sleeping dragon amid a misty pool. From time to time, the beast awakens, looks around, roars softly and goes back asleep.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Team Younger Proudly Presents:
MRXTs55.jpg

-Intro-

Pinocchio is, if I'm not mistaken, the only Walt Disney animated movie to have a perfect 100 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It's is a bonafide classic through and through. Yet, there is next to no representation for Pinocchio in the Florida parks. Well, all I that is about to change with...​

Pinocchio: A Fanciful Musical!

Poster_zpssyow60j7.png

Taking the place of the Beauty and the Beast stage show in Hollywood Studios, this will be a lavish, Broadway style retelling of the classic tale of the brave little puppet dreaming of becoming a real boy.​

The show will be roughly an hour long, so very little will need to be cut from the original. Small changes will be made to create a better flow as a stage show (ex. Having nearly the entirety of Pleasure Island be one extended song), but the story stays mostly the same.​

-Theater Remodel-

The Theater of the Stars will be renovated in order to house the new show! Not only will the stage be expanded to allow for bigger and better sets, but the theater will be enclosed! The enclosure of the theater allows for more exciting lighting and special effects as well as air conditioning for the hot Florida Summers. The curtains on each side are specifically for projection mapping (a new addition to the theater!). The stage space is expanded toward the front. New air conditioning system installed. New walkway space below stage to allow for additional performers or puppets. The stage mostly takes a Stromboli's theater motif, but with some modifications in lighting, can be themed to Pleasure Island and the inside of Monstro.​

-Art Design-

The art design of this musical has been designed to both look familiar as a Disney product, while also differentiating and updating to fit the look of modern stage musicals. Though the sets are mostly cut-outs, they have been designed to have great depth and look far larger than they actually are. All of the props, puppets, and sets will have a rustic, almost folk art-y look, similar to some of the visuals evoked in the films of Wes Anderson. In terms of costume design, the human characters look very similar to how they do in the animated feature. Gepetto is very recognizably Gepetto, just as Stromboli is very recognizably Stromboli. The non-human characters, however, have been altered slightly. Both Honest John, and Gideon have been designed to have almost a Wes Anderson look. Their designs are not dissimilar to the characters in Anderson's film "Fantastic Mr. Fox." Jiminy Cricket will have a naturally similar look.​

Pinocchio, for the bulk of the show, will be represented by a puppet, similarly to Olaf in the Frozen musical, or the main characters of the Finding Nemo musical currently playing in Animal Kingdom. The puppet will be operated live on stage by the actual actor, dressed in black. Pinocchio will look very close to how he looks in the animated feature. At the end of the show, when Pinocchio becomes a real boy, the actor will physically portray the character as well.​

-Scene Example-

Below is a sample of the script for the show. This scene would be the prologue/opening of the show.​

PROLOGUE

(House lights dim. In the darkness, we hear chimes tinkle in the distance, as if sending magic before us. The chimes swell into a full orchestrated overture, leading into a VOICE singing in the dark…)

VOICE.

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHO YOU ARE

ANYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES

WILL COME TO YOU.

IF YOUR HEART IS IN YOUR DREAM

NO REQUEST IS TOO EXTREME

AS DREAMERS DO.

FATE IS KIND,

SHE BRINGS TO THOSE WHO LOVE

THE SWEET FULFILLMENT OF

THEIR SECRET LONGING.

(A spotlight picks up the voice’s origin—JIMINY CRICKET, our narrator. He is dressed smartly in a top hat and tuxedo, and carries an umbrella in his hand.)

JIMINY (cont’d).

LIKE A BOLT OUT OF THE BLUE

FATE STEPS IN AND SEES YOU THROUGH

YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Pretty, huh? I'll bet a lot of you folks don't believe that. About a wish coming true, do you? Well, I didn't, either. Of course, I'm just a cricket singing my way from hearth to hearth, but let me tell you what made me change my mind.

(The curtain opens on…

SCENE 1: GEPPETTO’S WORKSHOP

A large set piece made to look like an old homestead, filled to the brim with clocks, toys and other wooden works of art sits center stage, behind a large projection screen, depicting an Italian town at night. Prominently displayed on a bench is an unfinished marionette, made to look like a little boy.)

JIMINY (cont’d). One night a long time ago, my travels took me to a quaint little village. It was a beautiful night. The stars were shining like diamonds high above the roofs of that sleepy old town. As I wandered along the crooked streets, there wasn't a soul to be seen. The only sign of life was a lighted window in the shop of a woodcarver named Geppetto. So, I hopped over, and looked in. It was a shame to see a nice, cheerful fire goin' to waste. So what do I do? I go in. (JIMINY enters the homestead, and crouches carefully behind a bench.) I looked around. Of course, being in a strange place like that, I didn't know what to expect. A cricket can't be too careful, you know. As soon as I saw there was no one about, I made myself at home. (JIMINY tiptoes over towards a stove, making heat.) As I stood there warming my (he notices that his rear end is closest to the stove. He stops, choosing his words carefully) ... myself, I took a look around. Well, sir, you never saw such a place... the most fantastic clocks you ever laid your eyes on, and all carved out of wood. And cute, little music boxes... each one a work of art. And shelf after shelf of toys and...and then something else caught my eye...a puppet. You know... one of those marionette things. All strings and joints. Cute little fella.

(GEPPETTO himself enters with new paints, and sets to work completing the marionette.)

GEPPETTO.
pic

Oh, it won’t take too much longer. Just a little more paint, and you’ll be all finished. I think you’ll be quite alright… (he paints a smile on the marionette.) A warm, welcoming smile. That makes a big difference. Very good. Now, I have just the name for you…Pinocchio! Do you like it? (He moves the strings; the puppet’s head nods ‘yes’.) That settles it! Pinocchio, it is! Come on, now! We'll try you out. Music, Professor!

(GEPPETTO winds up one of his music boxes; and prances the marionette around, singing as he goes.)

LITTLE WOODEN HEAD, GO PLAY YOUR PART.

BRING A LITTLE JOY TO EVERY HEART.

LITTLE DO YOU KNOW, AND YET IT’S TRUE,

THAT I’M MIGHTY PROUD OF YOU.

LITTLE WOODEN FEET, AND BEST OF ALL,

LITTLE WOODEN SEAT, IN CASE YOU FALL

(GEPPETTO deliberately trips the puppet, causing it to fall on its rear.)

Oh, how graceful!

MY LITTLE WOODEN HEAD.

HAPPY LITTLE CHAP WITH A FEATHER IN YOUR CAP,

THOUGH I MADE YOU OF WOOD, YOU NEVER GIVE A RAP.

ALWAYS DOING GOOD, LIKE A LITTLE PUPPET SHOULD,

CHASING EACH GLOOMY DAY AWAY…

LITTLE WOODEN HEAD WITH EYES THAT SHINE

LITTLE WOODEN HEAD THAT’S MADE OF PINE.

IN A WEARY WORLD, YOU DO YOUR SHARE

SPREADING LAUGHTER EVERYWHERE.

LITTLE WOODEN FEET, AND BEST OF ALL,

LITTLE WOODEN SEAT, IN CASE YOU FALL,

NEVER LET A SINGLE TEAR BE SHED,

MY LITTLE WOODEN HEAD.

NEVER LET A SINGLE TEAR BE SHED,

MY LITTLE WOODEN...

(All of a sudden, every clock in the workshop chimes in a massive cacophony.)

Oh goodness, I had no idea it was that late! Come now—we go to bed. (He places the marionette back onto the workbench.) Good night, Pinocchio. (As he settles into bed, he notices something outside the window.) Oh! A wishing star!

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I make tonight. I wish that my little Pinocchio might be a real boy! Wouldn't that be nice? Just think - a real boy.

JIMINY. (himself settling in nearby the stove; to us) Do you hear that? A real boy. A very lovely thought—but not at all practical.

-Original Song-

Team Younger has written (parts of) an original song to be added into the musical! It is called "Welcome to Pleasure Island" and the choruses are sung by the Coachman while the verses are sung by the kids on Pleasure Island. The Coachman sings like a sleazy night club owner prasing his own establishment while the kids do large choreographed dance numbers. Midway through, there will be a short scene where kids start turning into donkeys before the song resumes in a much more sinister style.​

Gm

Welcome, welcome, welcome

Gm_____Bb___D7
To Pleasure Island
D
You can live out your dreams
D_______Cm___Eb
On Pleasure Island
Gm
So much to do, so much to see
Gm_____Bb____D7
On Pleasure Island
D
But nothing is really as it seems
D______Cm____Eb
On Pleasure Island

Here is the instrumental music for the choruses:​

-Chorus 1
Welcome welcome welcome to Pleasure Island!
You can live out your dreams on Pleasure Island!
So much to do so much to see on Pleasure Island!
But nothing is really as it seems on Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island!
La da da daa
da da daa da
La da da daa

*Verse 1*

-Chorus 2
we've got fun and games on Pleasure Island!
There are no rules, no saying no on Pleasure Island!
And you leave you won't be the same after Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island!
La da da daa
da da daa da
La da da daa

*Verse 2*
*Scene where donkey transformation starts*
*Verse 3*

-Chorus 3
you have all brought me wealth on Pleasure Island!
now get in the cage it's time to leave Pleasure Island!
you've made a donkey of yourself on pleasure Island
Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island!
*laughter* the pleasure's all mine
(During an instrumental break, JIMINY approaches PINOCCHIO and LAMPWICK.)

JIMINY. There you are! So, this is where I find you! How do you ever expect to be a real boy? Look at yourself! Come on, we’re going home right this minute!

LAMPWICK. Say, who’s the beetle?

PINOCCHIO. He's my conscience. He tells me what's right from wrong.

LAMPWICK. What?! You mean to tell me you oughtta take orders from a grasshopper?

JIMINY. Grasshopper? Look here, you...you impudent young pup! It wouldn't hurt you to take orders from your grasshopper...um...uh...your conscience, if you have one.

PINOCCHIO. Oh, please don't shout at him, Jiminy. He's my best friend.

JIMINY. (Hurt) …Your best friend? And what am I? Just your conscience. (angered) OK! That settles it!

PINOCCHIO. But, Jiminy...

JIMINY. You buttered your bread, now sleep in it! Go on, laugh! Make a jackass outta yourself! I'm through! This is the end!

(He storms off.)

LAMPWICK. Heh! To hear that beetle talk, you'd think something was going to happen to us. (LAMPWICK suddenly sprouts donkey ears.) Conscience. Ah, phooey! (strikes a ball and grows a donkey tail, as a shocked PINOCCHIO then throws away his cigar) Where does he get that stuff? "How do you ever expect to be a real boy?" (His head turns into that of a donkey’s) What's he think I look like? A jackass?

PINOCCHIO. Sure do!
Here is the lyrics of the choruses sung out:​

(Sorry for my rough singing voice lol)​

-Conclusion-

Overall, this lavish stage show will be the type of attraction a great movie like Pinocchio deserves and a truly incredible experience. Be sure to catch one of its 3 (4 during peak seasons) daily performances soon at Hollywood Studios!​

Thank you for reading and for you consideration.

The Pinocchio Musical

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mickey Mouse

in

The Mad Doctor's

Manic Mansion

"Manic Mansion" for short

Guests are ushered into the Mad Doctor's Evil Lair.... I mean mansion... to see a demonstration of his newest experiment. Little do they know, they are the experiment!

Mad_Doctor_Poster.jpg

-Inspiration-

Biggest inspirations are the Mickey Mouse short "the Mad Doctor" and the Silly Symphony "Skeleton Dance." Small parts are also inspired by the Mickey Mouse shorts "Lonesome Ghosts" and "Haunted House."​

Another big inspiration is the Haunted Mansion attraction. Manic Mansion uses the same ride system and feature some tributes.​

Sidenote: Unlike the shorts that inspired the attraction, Manic Mansion is in color. But very soft, muted tones.​

-Exterior-

images

The exterior is made to look like the Castle/Mansion from the Mad Doctor short. The show building will be built with the queue and mansion on top of it. So, it will appear as if there is a large hill/mountain with a castle like Mansion overlooking the Dark Woods.​

-Queue-

The queue is primarily outdoors, but well shaded. Guests start by winding their way up a shaded path to the top of the "hill." They then cross a bridge into the mansion which is clearly too small for a full ride. The bridge gives great views of the Dark Woods and trees on the other side block views of the backstage area.​

-preshow room 1-

Guests are ushered into a small room with a painting of the Mad Doctor smiling and happy as well as an old timey radio. The Mad Doctor's voice can be heard over the radio welcoming us into his mansion. He is excited for his new experiment and he simply cannot begin without you! As he talks, his painting mysteriously and subtely transforms into a much more sinister, evil smirk. This scene if meant to be reminiscent of the Haunted Mansion foyer.​

-Preshow Room 2-

Guests are then ushered into one of two waiting chambers. This time the Doctor's voice comes on informing guests that they are now his prisoners! He is going to take us to the lab as the subject of his next experiment! He then activates the "trap door." Much like the Stretching Room in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, the room is really an elevator lowering us into the showbuilding below. Instead of a stretching effect, state of the art projection effects and forced perspective techniques create the illusion that guests have just been dropped from a trap door and are now plummeting way down. Guests are then ushered out and into the ride vehicle (Doom Buggies) loading area.​

-Ride-

The ride is divided into three main sections. The lab, the graveyard, and the mansion.​

-Section 1: Lab-

images

images

The lab is full of creepy, crazy contraptions and experiments. Lots of buzz saws and ray guns. This is where the Mad Doctor has the largest presence. Even if he can't be seen, his looming shadow usually can be.​

images

You find Pluto chained to a table about to be experimented on. You hear Mickey's voice from behind you "T-there you are, Pluto! This place gives me the c-c-creeps. Let's get out of here! And we'll break these fellas out too!"​

-Section 2: Graveyard-

images

images

images

You escape the lab and enter the graveyard. It is full of dancing skeletons as well as the weird skeleton spiders from the Mad Doctor short and other crazy skeleton based gags and creatures. This scene is meant to feel like a zany, madcap chase and be remiscent of the graveyard from the Haunted Mansion. It even takes some details straight from the classic ride (such as the skeleton walling itself into its own tomb).​

-Section 3: Mansion-

hqdefault.jpg

images

Lastly, you reenter the mansion to find the exit. More spooky/fun gags and scenes (mostly inspired by the shorts and the Haunted Mansion) surround you. Eventually, you escape the Mad Doctor's clutches. But you hear him one last time: "You may have escaped my mansion, but there's still one last fright to be had! Beware of Lonesome Ghosts!"​

images

The Lonesome Ghosts appear and say stuff like, "look boys! Our ride is here!" Or "Hey, any of you's got room for hitchhikers?" We then pass by mirrors featuring the Lonesome Ghosts playing pranks on us as we pass (similar to current Hitchicking Ghosts scene). We exit back into the Dark Woods.​

Suchomimus

-Splash Mountain with Winnie the Pooh & Tigger too-

Guests board log boats for a ride down a river winding through the 100 Acre Woods to help Winnie the Pooh find some hunny! Along the way, see all of Pooh’s friends, explore Tigger’s jumping spot, and even have a run in with some Heffalumps and Woozles! Don’t get to comfortable though, this is far from a clam river. Numerous drops throughout the ride will be sure to add some thrills and get guests soaked! The climax of the ride involve following Pooh up a tall lift hill as he floats up towards a bee hive with his balloon. Piglet warns Pooh that the bees will pop the balloon, but his warnings come too late! A POP is heard as Pooh and the guests tumble down the waterfall into a massive splash! View attachment 255686

Luckily, Pooh is able to stitch himself back together just in time for his surprise birthday party with plenty hunny as gifts from all his friends! It truly is a zipadeedoda day here in the 100 Acre Woods!​
This is the third version of a Winnie the Pooh version of Splash Mountain that I’ve seen.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey! I have a question for you!

There's going to be a Ghibli store in Fantasyland. But I can't think of a good name for it.

I picture more of a general Ghibli store, but I'm open to something more specific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom