Pirates...open, close, open, closed!?!?!

MissM

Gift shop was open last Saturday. See pics here. It was kinda empty though - and not just in crowd. It looked like they were missing merchandise but I can't say exactly what.
-m

Jerm

As of today all CM stuff says it will be closed till June 30 and reopen on July 1. If that "reopen for a little while" thing was going to happen it is no longer happening now. That info comes from 2 different CM info sources (not CM but actual CM info).

J

The calendar on the WDW website says that it will be closed until June 30.
March calendar:
  • Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [March 26, 2006 to March 31, 2006]
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Closed for Refurbishment [March 26, 2006 to March 31, 2006]
April Calendar:
    • Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [April 1, 2006 to April 30, 2006]
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: Closed for Refurbishment [April 1, 2006 to April 30, 2006]
May
OPERATIONAL UPDATES
  • Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [May 1, 2006 to May 31, 2006]
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Closed for Refurbishment [May 1, 2006 to May 31, 2006]
June
OPERATIONAL UPDATES
  • Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [June 1, 2006 to June 30, 2006]
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Closed for Refurbishment [June 1, 2006 to June 30, 2006]

There's a big section on Walt Disney World vacations in our newspaper..it states that it'll be closed until July also. What a shame..I'll be there the week before Easter and I thought I'd be lucky enough to catch it. :( Oh well I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers.

MissM

Jeez! O/T but when the heck is the Riverboat going to re-open? Hasn't it been pushed back like twice now??
-m

Epcot82Guy

MissM said:
Jeez! O/T but when the heck is the Riverboat going to re-open? Hasn't it been pushed back like twice now??
-m

I agree. It is starting to sound like some other water-oriented vessels that used to sit on the northeast side of the Kingdom.

RonAnnArbor

While I was there last week, and talking to several of the cast members, each of them stated that the ride was going to be closed until July. WHen I asked about the ride being open in April for the month, they stated this was pure rumour - that there is no way they can open for the month as so many things inside are currently inoperable until completed. As to that Riverboat...it's still over there around the bend and you can see it from the train -- and it doesn't look like they are doing anything to it back there, rather it just seems to be sitting there.

c133125

RonAnnArbor said:
While I was there last week, and talking to several of the cast members, each of them stated that the ride was going to be closed until July. WHen I asked about the ride being open in April for the month, they stated this was pure rumour - that there is no way they can open for the month as so many things inside are currently inoperable until completed. As to that Riverboat...it's still over there around the bend and you can see it from the train -- and it doesn't look like they are doing anything to it back there, rather it just seems to be sitting there.

we tell guests that in case it does not get finished in time to reopen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom