Pirates...open, close, open, closed!?!?!

MansionFan415

Original Poster
Ok, I am not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I have a question.

Ok, I know originally, PotC was going to be closed for fixing up from March 1 until like mid July. THEN, it was March 1 - April 1, then May 1 until mid-July.

Then my sister tells me today about something she read, and I found this on the Disney website:

"Pirates of the Caribbean is currently closed, but Captain Jack Sparrow joins the crew when it re-opens on July 7! Get ready to set sail on this boisterous boat ride to discover Captain Jack and his nemesis Barbossa interacting with some of the more familiar Audio-Animatronics® buccaneers and adding a terrific twist to the adventure — along with new special effects."

Sooooooo....does anyone know for sure if this has been up a while and just not changed? Will it be open in April??? I'll be there in the middle of April, and was real excited to see it'd be open while there, anyone know for sure?:confused:

RonAnnArbor

They say it will open for the month of April. I can guarantee you you that I am at WDW right now and it is NOT open, and the walls and barriers up around it do NOT look like they can just be pulled down for a few weeks and put back up. That being said, I think you will only be able to know for sure when you come.

peter11435

RonAnnArbor said:
They say it will open for the month of April. I can guarantee you you that I am at WDW right now and it is NOT open, and the walls and barriers up around it do NOT look like they can just be pulled down for a few weeks and put back up. That being said, I think you will only be able to know for sure when you come.

There are walls around it now? Last time I was there (a few days ago) there were none.

It may not look like those walls can be pulled down for a few weeks and put back up but remember there is a good chance they were put up overnight to begin with.

ISTCrew20

They are doing the rehab in 2 phases. The first one is to work on the flume and a few minor show scenes. After the second phase is complete is when we should see the new stuff. I have a feeling that quite a few things will be different after the first rehab though.

MissM

As of Saturday (18th) there were no walls...just a chain blocking the entryway off. The shop was also open though the exit doors leading into the shop were closed and had barrels in front of them.

The current information is that it will be open during April though without updates and will close again all of May and June to reopen updated in July.
-m

RonAnnArbor

I was back tonight...and the walls that were there yesterday are not up...they must have just temporarily blocked off that walkway in there while they were moving something -- it was just a chain tonight as described.

NYCDisneyFan

Was there yesterday and overheard a CM telling someone that it was definitely going to be closed until July. Also, at MGM today, did the backlot tour. Saw about 3 or 4 pirate skeletons in the costume shop and CM's dressing them. (in the costume building).

OmegaKnight

POTC should be open for about 2-3 weeks in April for the busy Easter crowds as the ride is a big people eater. When it is open during this time period, there shouldn't be any noticable show enhancements. However, when it closes until June 30 for the 2nd stage of its rehab, that is when they are planning on installing the Capt. Jack and Barbossa animatronics.

MagliteL13

I was telling a guest that lived in FL that it was gonna reopen for about two weeks and a manager came by and corrected me saying it'd be down till July. I've always taken that as--'it's not gonna reopen.' I honestly don't think they're in any state to reopen. There's certainly not any signs of it. BTW, I don't know of this wall which is spoken of. Is it kinda like the ladder?

AlohaMickey

Does anyone know if POC will be open till the end of April???
We arrive on the 28th and don't want to make any other plans
for parks if we need to get right over there. I would be so sad to
miss this ride. It's really the only reason I go to Adventureland!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
AlohaMickey said:
Does anyone know if POC will be open till the end of April???
We arrive on the 28th and don't want to make any other plans
for parks if we need to get right over there. I would be so sad to
miss this ride. It's really the only reason I go to Adventureland!!

You can see the most current schedule at http://www.wdwmagic.com/rehabs.htm

AlohaMickey

Thanks Steve,

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that we can hit it on an "open"
day!

Great Site, BTW, I honestly had no idea there were so many people
like me out there. By that I mean, crazed fanatical to the core Disney fans :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom