Pirates of the Carribean Rehab

Disneyman88

Original Poster
I know this topic has been up alot lately but I was wondering what the rehab will bring for POTC. I also am wondering whether it will be open when I visit on April 7-12

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I wish I could say it would be, but most likely not. Don't get your hopes up :(

uklad79

DonaldDoleWhip said:
Does anyone know when it will be open this month?

Returning 13-16 and I want to ride it one last time without Sparrow.

The only way you can do that is jump on a plane to Paris. The ride is closed now and will reopen after rehab.

twx24me

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I dont know if this is what you are intersted in or not. I just got this in my April DVC email update.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

The classic Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World Resorts are adding new characters, special effects and other surprises inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two of the film's most memorable characters—Captain Jack Sparrow and his nemesis Barbossa—will appear alongside the rides' current rascals, scoundrels, villains and knaves. Both attractions, which closed recently to allow Imagineers to work their magic, are scheduled to reopen this summer. (The Disneyland version is slated for a June 26 opening, and its Walt Disney World counterpart is set to debut on July 7.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look for complete coverage of the attraction enhancements, including some behind-the-scenes perspectives from Walt Disney Imagineer Kathy Rogers, in the summer edition of Vacation Magic magazine, arriving in your mailbox next month. [/FONT]

Mr.EPCOT

Pirates of the Caribbean will be open for most of April, starting the 8th, I believe. This is just in Walt Disney World. It's on all of the Cast information, and various websites around the Internet.

makonyy15

ImagineerMMC said:
Pirates of the Caribbean will be open for most of April, starting the 8th, I believe. This is just in Walt Disney World. It's on all of the Cast information, and various websites around the Internet.

Are you sure? Not challenging your sources it's just that word on these boards in that all CM's posted at POTC have been told to tell guests that it will not be open at all until it's unveiling in July. Guests have also said this is the message they received. It'd be great however if this was true. Any more insight?:veryconfu

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah, I really don't see them stopping construction, cleaning up and readying the ride just for a couple of weeks. Only to reclose it and renew rehab schedule. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense (or cents)!

Mr.EPCOT

makonyy15 said:
Are you sure? Not challenging your sources it's just that word on these boards in that all CM's posted at POTC have been told to tell guests that it will not be open at all until it's unveiling in July. Guests have also said this is the message they received. It'd be great however if this was true. Any more insight?:veryconfu

Well, you could go to MousePlanet.com, for example, and look at their weekly WDW updates. We have weekly tell-a-casts that state park hours, refurbishments and stuff, that says it, as well. There are news bulletin boards backstage, back when the refurb was announced, there was a big posting for it. It is opening without a doubt. It won't be open with any of the changes, but it will be open.

makonyy15

Hmm seems as though they tried to keep it quiet then? Oh well I'll just cross the fingers that it'll be open like you say, thanks for the info. :cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ImagineerMMC said:
Well, you could go to MousePlanet.com, for example, and look at their weekly WDW updates. We have weekly tell-a-casts that state park hours, refurbishments and stuff, that says it, as well. There are news bulletin boards backstage, back when the refurb was announced, there was a big posting for it. It is opening without a doubt. It won't be open with any of the changes, but it will be open.
from Mouseplanet:
Pirates of the Caribbean – is closed through July 6 for the addition of characters from the movie that was inspired by the ride. The attraction will reportedly reopen briefly for the peak Easter crowds (we are hearing April 9-30) before closing again to complete the refurbishment.

That does not say without a doubt, more like hearsay! :wave:

c133125

kiawahman said:
talked to a pirates CM on sunday....she said it will not be opening at all until the refurb is over which is june.

who was the pirates CM? Paula? cuz i believe she is the only female pirates cast member that is still perm greeting. The rest are from my area, and most of us tell guests it is closed until july just in case something happens where it cant reopen. but like i said...just check back at the end of next week...

Lee

Adventurer
I hear it could go either way at this point.
Park Ops wants it open...WDI and the workers would rather just plow ahead without the time consuming interruption.

I guess we'll see who wins.:lookaroun

PoTCGuy

Lee said:
...WDI and the workers would rather just plow ahead without the time consuming interruption....

On an utterly and completely selfish note, I hope they "plow ahead" with it, so maybe they can have a 'soft' opening a couple of weeks early while I'm there in June :D

JuanD_20k

According to Disney, POTC opens July 1st. I doubt there will be any soft openings because its a rehab not a new opening. :dazzle: Its a ways off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom