Pirates of the Carribean Poll

Do you think the new Pirates movie will be good?

• Yes!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

imagineer boy

Original Poster
How many of you think that the new Pirates of the Caribean movie will be good? Personally, I think it will be awesome!:D

Brett

Johnny Depp is always spectacular in every movie he's appeared in. I'll bank the success of this film on him. It'll be great!!

MKCustodial

I'll probably see this movie because the storyline I've been hearing sounds good. I wouldn't see it just because it's PoTC, since Country Bears was supposed to be CBJ and the trailers showed it wasn't. So I may watch it on DVD, but never in theaters. As fo Johnny Depp, whatever. We have Schwarzie and Stallone around to prove that actor names don't make good movies anymore, stories do. This movie will be "amazing" if they follow close to the attraction and/or they have a good storyline. So untill I see an actual trailer (which a beach and a skeleton foot is NOT), my vote is for "maybe".

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
I'll probably see this movie because the storyline I've been hearing sounds good. I wouldn't see it just because it's PoTC, since Country Bears was supposed to be CBJ and the trailers showed it wasn't. So I may watch it on DVD, but never in theaters. As fo Johnny Depp, whatever. We have Schwarzie and Stallone around to prove that actor names don't make good movies anymore, stories do. This movie will be "amazing" if they follow close to the attraction and/or they have a good storyline. So untill I see an actual trailer (which a beach and a skeleton foot is NOT), my vote is for "maybe".

Could you tell us the storyline you've mentioned? By the way, does anyone know when it is coming out?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Could you tell us the storyline you've mentioned? By the way, does anyone know when it is coming out?

We've talked about it in other thread. It's something about cursed pirates that turn into skeletons at night.

MicBat

I'll probably go see it just b/c it has the name of a WDW attraction! :)lol: yeah, I'm one of those who falls for all those pr people have to throw at me!)

imagineer boy

Original Poster
I've gone onto another web site and it had a better, more detailed version of the plot. Evil pirates raid a village and capture the govenor's daughter. A local blacksmith, a "good" pirate, and a couple of other guys set out to find her. They find her on an island, with the pirates who captured her. The bad pirates are the cursed skeletons that everybody's talking about. Sound interesting. I'll get back to ya on that!:wave:

SirNim

I'm hoping it will be good, and the trailer is good, and I hope this a "down-to-the-bone" (pardon the pun!! (skeletons!) :lol: ), hardcore movie! It'll probably be awesome!!:D :) :sohappy: :sohappy:

HMGhost13

it sounds good...from what i've read it's the final product we see really. usually when a movie sounds good it can go one of two ways: just that good or the opposite it'll suck. when a movie sounds horrible or the preview is horrible, it usually is a bad movie. not that i'm naming any here *cough hunated mansion cough* oh excuse me...

MKCustodial

How can you tell one will be good and the other won't if all they have out are teasers? And quite frankly, Haunted Mansion's just sounded better to me. Maybe PoTC will be a better movie, but we just can't tell yet. Oh, and Depp and Bloom mean nothing to me... I like Sleepy Hollow for the movie, not the actor. It could be anyone there. On the other hand, you can't have Beverly Hills Cop without Eddie. I'm not saying one is better than the other, even though I do like Eddie Murphy. All I'm saying is that neither movie released enough info yet for us to judge them.

HMGhost13

it's not the teasers it's plots we all know that. read the plot for both movies. delete the actors and read the plots. now insert the actors, it does make a difference. HM's plot sounds similar to Casper's so instead of Bill Pullman they have Eddie Murphy. see where i'm going?

orangefan15

Originally posted by HMGhost13
it's not the teasers it's plots we all know that. read the plot for both movies. delete the actors and read the plots. now insert the actors, it does make a difference. HM's plot sounds similar to Casper's so instead of Bill Pullman they have Eddie Murphy. see where i'm going?

LOL!! I just said the same thing in a different thread...sounds very similar to Casper.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by HMGhost13

Actually, no, I don't. "Casper" had a father with a daughter looking for ghosts and finding three nasties and a friendly one. "HM" has a father dragging his family to a new house he bought, NOT KNOWING it's haunted, and running into 999 ghosts who, hopefully, will have SOMETHING to do with the ones from the attraction. I really don't see a connection between the stories, besides the fact that both deals with families and ghosts. As for "Pirates", as I said before, the story SOUNDS good, but if it's badly directed, the movie WILL stink, I don't care if it has today's hotties on the leading roll.

And just a quick note, I assume everybody loves Bloom for his role in LotR. Well, sure, the archer is cool, but I think he'll have to do something more in PotC than shoot arrows, you know... And no bashing please, I just didn't like the friggin' movie! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom