Pirates of the Caribbean Ride Updates

Jerm

I might be off, but I remember the treasure room sparkling like that before?

Also I think the door is more of a door with a pad lock on it now.

Biff215

The treasure room always sparkled, but nothing like it does now from what I remember. I look forward to seeing it in person in a week or so, as on the video I'm not sure I like it. It reminds me more of the lights they have on the castle during Wishes, and less of what I would expect a treasure room to look like.

I also don't remember there being a door on the jail scene before. If that was the case, this would actually make a lot of sense considering the pirates are trying to get the key from the dog. Otherwise, what would they be unlocking? :)

I guess the fact that updates are being done is the best sign of all!

MerlinTheGoat

Not much of a difference, but maybe slightly. The treasure room always sparkled since Jack was added, or at least it was supposed to sparkle (didn't always work, it was intermittent during my winter 2010 trip). Looks like they added another sparkle projection to the right side of the wall. It looked like it previously only lit up the left side of the back wall behind Jack, now it's the entire wall from left to right. Not a huge change, but i guess it's a nice plus.

The door and padlock look identical as well, and there definitely was one before now, i'm watching videos taken 2010 and before and there was always a door and lock there. If they changed anything, it's not something my eye can see at all, even comparing before and after videos side by side...

thought this was going to be about the queue enhancements coming to pirates in the future. What looks like an enhancement is actually more like routine maintenance they just have got round to doing. It does look great though, but it certainly isn't an update. Now if Disney would only stump up more money for more techs and parts, it would always look this way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom