Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Anyone else looking forward to this game? Ive been wanting an RPG based off the pirates franchise for a while. I think a game like this has some serious potential. It will be open world, that could be awesome exploring the world of POTC if done right. I like the fact that you can not just level up your character, you also get to upgrade your ship.
ign said:
Live to tell the tale of becoming a notorious pirate captain or suffer a fate of eternal damnation. Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned is an epic, action role-playing game that offers an entirely new experience within the Pirates of the Caribbean universe. The game takes place before the events of the blockbuster films. Players will take on the role of a pirate and embark on epic land and sea adventures. Numerous moral and character choices will need to be made that affect their character and the original story within the world. Players will explore a massive open world while fighting enemies, mystical creatures and Mother Nature, both to gain experience and stay alive. Supernatural elements familiar to the Pirates of the Caribbean world will also affect their character's story and influence their choices.

Here is a good video interview about it:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...e-damned/videos/pirates_interview_061510.html

Anselgrey23

The concept itself is fantastic.I just hope Disney can pull this off. If the gameplay to be shown is anything like the concept, this will be a day one purchase for me. Easy.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I agree, Disney interactive doesnt have the greatest track for exceptional gameplay. The other fear I would have is that they dumb the maturity down too much. I dont need it to be GTA4 or anything but at least a pg-13 would be nice.

The reason for the Damned Armada has so much potential is through the efforts of the fine people at Propaganda Games - a few who personally met my study tour. These boys and girls want to be an action RPG familiar with the Disney studio, and they have certainly left themselves plenty of breathing space to ensure that this project is the best game it could be. Their current plan is to stop the entire game for a few months, which gives them more than half a year in Poland, and tweak them to create a balance between its start in early 2011.

Captain Chaos

When does this game come out? There are a few others I want to buy first, but if this is as awesome as it looks, Spiderman can wait LOL...

erasure fan1

Original Poster

jillyronald

Its sounds are very great and awesome words. I read its preview from one article. I like its new series, it is very interesting, Recently I just reading this forum at that time I just found this article.

The cause of the Damned Armada has so much potential because of the efforts of the fine folks at Propaganda Games - a couple who has personally met my study tour. These boys and girls want to be an action RPG familiar with the Disney studios, and they have certainly left themselves much respite to ensure that this project is the best game it could be.

mightyman335

The cause of the Damned Armada has so much potential because of the efforts of the fine folks at Propaganda Games - a couple who has personally met my study tour. These boys and girls want to be an action RPG familiar with the Disney studios, and they have certainly left themselves much respite to ensure that this project is the best game it could be.

Too bad it was canceled a few weeks ago :(.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1128118p1.html

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I cant believe that they canceled this, it just infuriates me. Disney should just give up Disney interactive, let real game companies run their IPs. This was one of the first games that actually wasnt born of the quick buck money grubbing movie tie cash in shovel-ware mentality. And of course instead of maybe earning some legitimacy in the gaming world, they play the safe bet and finish the tron movie tie in. (oh geez, didnt see that coming!) Its just so frustrating when they have so many great potential game IPs and zero to show for it. Epic Mickey might be good but its only for wii. Why? Cheaper development, no need for HD or next gen graphics... They could have made a truly "EPIC" mickey with the power of the 360 & Kinect and the PS3 and move. Oh well it is what it is, so time to step off the soap box!

(end rant)

:lol:

terrence66

This game looked awesome! I was seriously hoping for Pirates! + Fable.
It's sounds like awesome,There were 2 games that I was looking most forward to next year: Portal 2 and Armada of the Damned. This was a horrible move on Disney Interactive's part.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I wonder if there's a chance it'll come back when Pirates 4 comes out

I doubt it. Disney will look for the cheap movie tie in. Why actually release something that has a slight bit of risk but could awesome when you can spend no money on a multi-platform tie in that will surely sell a ton. Of course the later further shows that you care only about the quick buck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom