Pirates of Car. Restaurant?

DisneyMarg

Is there a restaurant "on top of Pirates of Carribbean"? My son says he saw it on Food Network and wants to eat there. I don't know which one he's thinking about. He thought it was Louisiana cuisine. Ideas?:confused:

egionet

There is restaurant in Disneyland that the boats from Pirates run through. I believe Pirates is also in New Orleans Square there, so it would make sense that they would serve Louisiana cuisine. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

LilDucky

egionet said:
There is restaurant in Disneyland that the boats from Pirates run through. I believe Pirates is also in New Orleans Square there, so it would make sense that they would serve Louisiana cuisine. Hope this helps!

Youre right. I believe its called the Blue Bayou if I'm not mistaken. Very cute restaurant since you kind of get the Pirates ambiance. It's near the loading dock.

Upvote 0

TP2000

The Blue Bayou is at Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean, and it serves cajun inspired takes on hearty American fare since it's located in New Orleans Square. It's a semi-fancy table service restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner, and requires reservations or a very long Standby wait to get a table. It's generally considered the best restaurant at Disneyland. It sits on a large patio alongside a lagoon that the boats float through after they leave the loading area. Disneyland's Pirates ride is 16 minutes long, versus the 8 minute Cliff's Notes version at Walt Disney World, and this lagoon scene takes up about 90 seconds of that added ride time.

There's also Club 33 at Disneyland, which is on the second level of the same building that the Blue Bayou is in and features a cocktail lounge and dining room. So there is a restaurant "upstairs" from Pirates, but it's the private membership club of Club 33, and the general public isn't allowed to dine there. But Blue Bayou reservations can be had by anyone who is visiting Disneyland.

The Mexico pavilion at Epcot replicated the basic Blue Bayou experience by placing a dining terrace alongside a small body of water where El Rio Del Tiempo boats float past. But that Mexican restaurant is on a much smaller scale than the Blue Bayou, and the overall effect isn't quite as impressive as the Blue Bayou and it's famous atmosphere.

Upvote 0

westie

Ahh, the Blue Bayou, thats where I proposed to my wife and later on my 2 yr. old hat a fit cause the pirates were attacking! The boats were going by and its dark, yunno. They gave her a paper pirate hat and she calmed down. Good to be part of the home team, I guess.

Upvote 0

DCL

Laura22 said:
The only one I know of is one I can't spell, it's right in that area and serves Mexican food. But it's not on the roof LOL.

That would be El Pirata Y El Perico.

Thats what I thought she was talking about too. I had no idea there was a restaurant with the ride in Disneyland.. thats really cool!

Upvote 0

biergarten

Blue Lagoon

Don't forget the Blue Lagoon in DisneyLand Paris also located inside the POTC attraction. The food (seafood) is good but the atmosphere is priceless. The multi-terrace dinning area follows the river in a cressant shape ensuring great seats for everyone. A tropical moonlit night for everyone.Try going for lunch (which is cheaper of course) and you are so overwhelmed by the scenery that you loose all sense of time and are suprised how bright it is after emerging with your tummies full...!!!

Upvote 0

barnum42

Dj Corona said:
Same here. It's like they know i'm coming or something.
Are you like me and just trying to find a place that does not do burgers, chicken strips or other associated bread products only to find they keep the only place to match this description closed? :brick: Here's to the Noodle pavilion :D

Upvote 0

DCL

barnum42 said:
Are you like me and just trying to find a place that does not do burgers, chicken strips or other associated bread products only to find they keep the only place to match this description closed? :brick: Here's to the Noodle pavilion :D

:lol: You can only take so much of Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill's.... but I guess you could just get hot dogs at Casey's Corner if you don't want burgers or chicken strips! :hammer: YAY Noodle pavillion!

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

westie said:
Ahh, the Blue Bayou, thats where I proposed to my wife and later on my 2 yr. old hat a fit cause the pirates were attacking! The boats were going by and its dark, yunno. They gave her a paper pirate hat and she calmed down. Good to be part of the home team, I guess.

:lol: This made me laugh. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom