Pirates,Carosel of Prog,Haunted Mansion...Now THOSE are GREAT Attractions..MORE!!

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Nothing like those original attractions Walt was responsable for..Pirates,COP,Haunted Mansion....lots of new things have come along but NOTHING to match those. Now I know Walt no longer with us but are the ideas and creativity of current imagineers that far removed from Walt's thoughts to not have seen anything close in all these years? Is it just me that longs for similar attractions to be brought in? The themeing and animatromics are stellar in those older attraction..making them lifetime attractions that will linger on and be special.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Nothing like those original attractions Walt was responsable for..Pirates,COP,Haunted Mansion....lots of new things have come along but NOTHING to match those. Now I know Walt no longer with us but are the ideas and creativity of current imagineers that far removed from Walt's thoughts to not have seen anything close in all these years? Is it just me that longs for similar attractions to be brought in? The themeing and animatromics are stellar in those older attraction..making them lifetime attractions that will linger on and be special.

It will be vary rare if we ever see originality like what is on display in those attractions again!

With Disneys huge movie library everything seems to need a tie in these days:shrug:

mrsdanalind

I certainly have a soft spot for COP... its a classic and a must ride for me

just my .02 cents

:wave:

We have three must do's at MK. POTC COP and all the mountians in no particular order. If we don't then we feel kind like we missed a big part of WDW. It's always amazing to me how much we talk about what we are going to do and what we especially like or dislike at each park. One of our more spirited discussions is over where we are going to eat at each park. :ROFLOL:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We have three must do's at MK. POTC COP and all the mountians in no particular order. If we don't then we feel kind like we missed a big part of WDW. It's always amazing to me how much we talk about what we are going to do and what we especially like or dislike at each park. One of our more spirited discussions is over where we are going to eat at each park. :ROFLOL:

Same Here :ROFLOL:

Great fun when planning 21 days of Dining :eek::lol:

Minnie1976

COP is just a must do when you go to Disney. Some trips it puts me to sleep, but out last trip both my husband and I enjoyed it again. I don't think they should do away with any of Walt's original attractions. They are classics. There is a reason MK is so popular.

The Empress Lilly

Yes! Yes! Yes!

We need more rides that are:
- family-orientated
- immersive
- last longer than two minutes
- are not about quick thrills
- have classic three-dimensional show scenes
- have massive hourly capacity (for example, omnimovers)
- can be enjoyed by all guests, regardless of age, body shape, fitness, special needs

Wait! Maybe Disney can build a few in EPCOT! If I quickly brainstorm - and I admit I haven't really thought this through - I would propose one based on Motion, one based on Imagination, and one attraction to bind the whole of Future World together, one to show an optimistic, unifying vision of what EPCOt is all about.
What do you people think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom