Pirates and Princess Reports?????

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The first Pirates and Princess party was last night so they should start funneling in within the next day or two.

sittle

I second the motion...

Here here! I agree, let us have a report upon the PPP!!

If you attended the PPP last night, tell us what characters you saw, crowd level, how were the new shows, and what rides / restaurants were open and how were the lines?

Please tell us anything you can!

Shelby's Dad

A Report (tongue firmly planted in Cheek)

Trip Report

It was a cold and brisk night on Main Street. There was a wonderful carmel smell drifting from the Confectionary down Main Street. Mom's and Dad's and little Princesses and little Pirates were all in a festive mood. There was shopping and browsing by many and the balloon selling cast members where out in force.

The castle was standing in all its glory. With backlighting reflecting a Princess and Pirates mood. Oh... and then there were the rides. Families laughing out loud as they staggered of the teacup's ride looking like drunk navy soldiers on a Port of Call. There was the father looking somewhat dazed and confused as he disembarked from his 2nd straight ride on It's a Small World. Finally we have the woman who spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how she got wet while minding her own business near Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride.

Oh and then there were the Characters...Yes there were. All over the place. If one was lucky, they might have seen Ariel and Flounder doing their best John Travolta "Staying Alive" on the Dance floor near the Grotto.

One note of concern... there were numerous reports of Little Pirates running all over the Kingdom chasing Little Princesses around yelling "Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum, yer matey"!! The night however would belong to the Princesses who eventually teamed up in groups of eight and threw little wild Pirates in Cinderella's Wish Well.

I do need to report that apparently there were a few pieces of trash spotted near the Country Bear Jamboree and one small chip of paint noticed on a Buzz Lightyear Ride vehicle. Undoubtedly, we will all see this in a 2 page report on Mice Age's Disney By Decline series next week.

Well, enough for now... I am sure there will be other reports to follow but let it ring throughout the Kingdom -- that a Magical time was had by all last night.:king:

Nemo14

Trip Report

It was a cold and brisk night on Main Street. There was a wonderful carmel smell drifting from the Confectionary down Mainstreet. Mom's and Dad's and little Princesses and little Pirates were all in a festive mood. There was shopping and browsing by many and the ballon selling cast members where out in force.

The castle was standing in all its glory. With backlighting reflecting a Princess and Pirates mood. Oh... and then there were the rides. Families laughing out loud as they staggered of the teacup's ride looking like drunk navy soldiers on a Port of Call. There was the father looking somewhat dazed and confused as he disembarked from his 2nd straight ride on It's a Small World. Finally we have the woman who spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how she got wet while minding her own business near Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride.

Oh and then there were the Characters...Yes there were. All over the place. If one was lucky, they might have seen Ariel and Flounder doing their best John Travolta "Staying Alive" on the Dance floor near the Grotto.

One note of concern... there were numerous reports of Little Pirates running all over the Kingdom chasing Little Princesses around yelling "Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum, yer matey"!! The night however would belong to the Princesses who eventually teamed up in groups of eight and threw little wild Pirates in Cinderella's Wish Well.

I do need to report that apparently there were a few pieces of trash spotted near the Country Bear Jamboree and one small chip of paint noticed on a Buzz Lightyear Ride vehicle. Undoubtedly, we will all see this in a 2 page report on Mice Age's Disney By Decline series next week.

Well, enough for now... I am sure there will be other reports to follow but let it ring througout the Kingdom -- that a Magical time was had by all last night.:king:

What rides were open?

celestia

In the area I was in... the park was completely dead, there were no lines. The lighting looked amazing. (mainstreet was beautiful and sparkly, and pirates was very ominous looking with smoke and fire effects.)

They handed out little velvet bags to everyone to collect your beads and chocolate coins in. El Pirata was open, and most of the treat locations were moved around in adventureland. This is because of el pirata being open and... the "hidden" jack sparrow meet and greet. The meet and greet probably had the longest line in the park, at 12:30 when the park closed it and they cut off the line was still easily a 2 hour wait.

It was really rainy, but they did not cancel the parade thank goodness. There were also scheduled performances of dream along with mickey, as well as jack sparrows pirate tutorial, and princess jasmine's royal guard training (down by jungle cruise.)

I think it is well worth the money, for the lack of lines if not anything else. People looked like they were all having a fabulous time. Lots of people were dressed up too and very layed back, great to see people in the spirit of fun. :)

:sohappy:

sittle

Ahem....

Can somebody, perhaps somebody that actually went (Ohhhh... I'm looking at you Shelby's Dad!!! HA HA!!) perhaps tell us, what rides were open. Maybe what restaurants were open, What characters were actually seen etc. etc..

I think the people who are monitoring this post are looking for specifics more so then generalities... I know I am! Please!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In the area I was in... the park was completely dead, there were no lines. The lighting looked amazing. (mainstreet was beautiful and sparkly, and pirates was very ominous looking with smoke and fire effects.)

They handed out little velvet bags to everyone to collect your beads and chocolate coins in. El Pirata was open, and most of the treat locations were moved around in adventureland. This is because of el pirata being open and... the "hidden" jack sparrow meet and greet. The meet and greet probably had the longest line in the park, at 12:30 when the park closed it and they cut off the line was still easily a 2 hour wait.

It was really rainy, but they did not cancel the parade thank goodness. There were also scheduled performances of dream along with mickey, as well as jack sparrows pirate tutorial, and princess jasmine's royal guard training (down by jungle cruise.)

I think it is well worth the money, for the lack of lines if not anything else. People looked like they were all having a fabulous time. Lots of people were dressed up too and very layed back, great to see people in the spirit of fun. :)

Were their many ,or any for that matter, adults in costume for the event?

bigcatholicj

Ppp Info

I found a copy of the treasure map and list of activities during PPP at wdwinfo.com....sorry if its not PC to post this, but ya gotta give the people what they want!;)

Astro_Digital

I signed up for when I go in a few weeks.

I think I will get somebody to poke an eye out so I can wear a nifty patch, maybe get in a sword fight to get a huge scar, and have one of my legs hacked off and I get fitted with a wooden leg.

Get some nice dirty clothes, do not bath or shower or shave until I get to the party.

Grab a Parrot and I will be all set.

sittle

Does anyone else know??

I found a copy of the treasure map and list of activities during PPP at wdwinfo.com....sorry if its not PC to post this, but ya gotta give the people what they want!;)

Thanks BIG, this looks pretty Kosher.

Can anyone confirm if this map is correct??

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/pirate-princess-party/guidemap.htm

Can anyone confirm that the rides and dining spots listed on the map are actually operating??

I for one have never been to MNSSHP or MVMCP and have never found one of their maps, so I don't know if the maps show all the rides or all the rides that are open for that party. Can somebody who actually went confirm which rides and dining experiences were open?

joanna71985

:eek: Are you serious?! This is great!:sohappy:

sittle

Anybody.... anybody....

Hey can anyone elaborate on what rides were open.

No speculation please, if someone was there last night, and they remember or have a list of which rides are open, great. Please list them in this post or heck start a new one.

Also please discuss costumes and other matters elsewhere, a lot of people want to know what is going on with the PPP.

How about Celestia??? You were there last night, why not actually elaborate on what was open and what characters you saw, etc.

pinkrose

Where is this? I don't see it on the map. That's one thing that is a "not to miss" thing for me. :sohappy:

2excitedkids

we are leaving in 9 days to go down for our first trip, we have a 6yo boy and a 3 yo girl, how crowded was it? the reason we have not bought tickets yet is because me and my hubby both are wondering will we have time to do the pirates and the princesses. it is not fair to have a boy and a girl and not do all of it. we are still debating on whether to go or not, and especially this late at night. we were just hoping that someone would post a trip report to help us decide

thanks all!

sittle

Thanks.... but not..

To see what rides will be running, follow the link above and check out the map and schedule. It lists everything there.

Hey thanks for the Hot tip Jollymon2, but I happened to post that actual link, and the question that I have asked (in fact asked in that very same post) is this:

Can anyone confirm that the rides and dining spots listed on the map are actually operating??

This is the map in question:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/pirate...y/guidemap.htm

If you went on Monday January 22nd to the PPP, and you can answer the above question super. Again, please no speculation, a lot of people are looking for the hard facts from someone who ACTUALLY attended the Pirate and Princess Party on Monday Jan 22nd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom