Pirate Rooms - need info!

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
Heya guys

So we had rebooked CBR with Thomas Cook standard rooms .. with that going bust but still wanting our trip we have managed to rebook before the UK prices have jumped however we now have pirate rooms. We have 2 rooms 1 for me, husband and our 7 year old who isn't fussed either way on the room and we would prefer standard and 1 room for my parents (the trip is part of my mums 60th birthday celebrations).

Couple of issues
1) My parents (60/65) dont know this yet and probably aren't going to be over joyed 😂
2) I've read the beds are narrower not great news for anyone

Just wondering if anyone could answer the below queries I've got
1) Do you think I could request that I'm downgraded directly with WDW ?
2) How far are the pirate rooms for centermarket
3) we plan on using skyliner where are they in relation to the hub to get on this

Any other general pros and cons of them would be great

Ahoy mateys 🤣🙄
Thanks

Weather_Lady

The Pirate Rooms are in Trinidad, the section of the resort furthest from Old Port Royale (where the main pool, food court, check-in, gift shop, etc. are located). That being said, as I recall (we stayed at CBR in Martinique, but we walked the entire resort a couple of times just to enjoy the scenery), it's still only about a 10-minute walk from Trinidad to Old Port Royale, and it's a pleasant one, along the water.

There's more info. on the rooms here. https://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/11/12/pirate-rooms-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/ They offer a nice bit of storage: more than the standard rooms, since the Pirate Rooms don't have a Murphy bed taking up extra space. One of the Skyliner stations will be nearby, just across the water from Trinidad. (Map showing the station here: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort)

The amenities are comparable to what you'd find in the standard rooms, other than the bed size. Essentially, if you can fit comfortably in a full (a/k/a double) bed (53"x74"), you'll be just fine. DH is 6 feet tall and we generally avoid rooms with beds smaller than queen-sized, but even he can squeeze into a double if the occasion requires.

You can absolutely request to modify your reservation for standard rooms instead -- I'd suggest attempting to arrange it now by calling WDW. If that's unsuccessful, ask again upon arrival when you check in and see if there are standard rooms to which you can be reassigned. Obviously, there are no guarantees. Also, if you would like your rooms to be adjoining (next to one another) or connecting (with a door in between), you'll want to log that request, as well. If changing to standard rooms is not an option, put in a request for Building 34, which is the closest to Old Port Royale and the bridge to the Skyliner Station. Good luck!

Last edited:

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
The Pirate Rooms are in Trinidad, the section of the resort furthest from Old Port Royale (where the main pool, food court, check-in, gift shop, etc. are located). That being said, as I recall (we stayed at CBR in Martinique, but we walked the entire resort a couple of times just to enjoy the scenery), it's still only about a 10-minute walk from Trinidad to Old Port Royale, and it's a pleasant one, along the water.

There's more info. on the rooms here. https://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/11/12/pirate-rooms-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/ They offer a nice bit of storage: more than the standard rooms, since the Pirate Rooms don't have a Murphy bed taking up extra space. One of the Skyliner stations will be nearby, just across the water from Trinidad. (Map showing the station here: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort)

The amenities are comparable to what you'd find in the standard rooms, other than the bed size. Essentially, if you can fit comfortably in a full (a/k/a double) bed (53"x74"), you'll be just fine. DH is 6 feet tall and we generally avoid rooms with beds smaller than queen-sized, but even he can squeeze into a double if the occasion requires.

You can absolutely request to modify your reservation for standard rooms instead -- I'd suggest attempting to arrange it now by calling WDW. If that's unsuccessful, ask again upon arrival when you check in and see if there are standard rooms to which you can be reassigned. Obviously, there are no guarantees. Also, if you would like your rooms to be adjoining (next to one another) or connecting (with a door in between), you'll want to log that request, as well. If changing to standard rooms is not an option, put in a request for Building 34, which is the closest to Old Port Royale and the bridge to the Skyliner Station. Good luck!
Thanks - think I will ring in a few days when the customer service teams have had chance to get all the current planned stays sorted that have been affected. As we've paid a supplement for the pirate rooms I wonder if they would swap to a preferred standard room location.

Just feeling grateful that we haven't been massively affected with our booking being for May 2020 and that I jumped ship (no pun intended ) on Sunay night and made a fresh reservation before the collapse was confirmed as my reservation now costs £650 more and my parents £820 😮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom