Pirate & Pals or HEA Fireworks Dessert Party?

LaurenNYC

Original Poster
Hi! Planning our first trip to Disney for this April as a surprise for my son’s 7th birthday (I also have a 4.5 yo son too). Week of April 12th and I’d like a fireworks related splurge on our last night there, Friday, his actual bday. My parents will be joining us the second half of the trip—any thoughts on Pirate & Pals vs HEA Fireworks Dessert Party? (Plaza viewing) I’m so torn! Originally booked dessert party, then switched to Pirate & Pals and now I want to switch back, haha. Or is there another splurgy thing alternative? We’re treating my parents so this will be for 6 people, 4 adults and 2 kids.
Thanks so much!

Much-Pixie-Dust

Have done both Pirates and Pals and HEA Dessert Party and enjoyed both. I would do the Pirates and Pals if your children enjoy pirates. It’s a lot of fun. You won’t see the projections on the castle obviously, but the overall experience is great.
I love the view for the HEA party, but the food quality has went consistently done the last few times we have done.
Have you thought about doing a fireworks cruise at Epcot? You embark from Beach Club and it’s fantastic. The best way to see the fireworks at Epcot IMO. It’s also relaxing and you get a ton of snacks and beverages. They will decorate your pontoon boat with balloons and a birthday banner too.

LaurenNYC

Original Poster
Have done both Pirates and Pals and HEA Dessert Party and enjoyed both. I would do the Pirates and Pals if your children enjoy pirates. It’s a lot of fun. You won’t see the projections on the castle obviously, but the overall experience is great.
I love the view for the HEA party, but the food quality has went consistently done the last few times we have done.
Have you thought about doing a fireworks cruise at Epcot? You embark from Beach Club and it’s fantastic. The best way to see the fireworks at Epcot IMO. It’s also relaxing and you get a ton of snacks and beverages. They will decorate your pontoon boat with balloons and a birthday banner too.
Ooh, now I have a third option? Eek, that sounds great! How was the food at pirate and pals? Oh man, even more torn now!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
HEA is a much better fireworks show than Epcot Forever. It is twice as long and very impressive, even without the ability to see the projections on the Castle.

For your boys, you have made the right choice. The Pirates cruise is FANTASTIC. It is so much fun! There are songs and games aboard the boat pre- and post-show (the kids can win “pirate booty”), the reflection of the fireworks in the water is beautiful (the soundtrack is piped into the boat), Peter Pan greets you back at the dock when the cruise is over, and there are no crowds to contend with (as you would have when exiting the MK after HEA.)

Full disclosure: It was myself and adult daughter on the Pirate Cruise. We had a great time and would do it again!

crawale

Hi! Planning our first trip to Disney for this April as a surprise for my son’s 7th birthday (I also have a 4.5 yo son too). Week of April 12th and I’d like a fireworks related splurge on our last night there, Friday, his actual bday. My parents will be joining us the second half of the trip—any thoughts on Pirate & Pals vs HEA Fireworks Dessert Party? (Plaza viewing) I’m so torn! Originally booked dessert party, then switched to Pirate & Pals and now I want to switch back, haha. Or is there another splurgy thing alternative? We’re treating my parents so this will be for 6 people, 4 adults and 2 kids.
Thanks so much!
Pirate and Pals was awful. Not worth the money. However the Dessert Party was a great hit with grandsons - 2,6 and 7. We got a fantastic view of the fireworks and lasers on the castle which is too far away from the boat ride. Boys loved the food of the dessert party while the wrapped snacks of Pirates and Pals were just vending machine type snacks.

LaurenNYC

Original Poster
Pirate and Pals was awful. Not worth the money. However the Dessert Party was a great hit with grandsons - 2,6 and 7. We got a fantastic view of the fireworks and lasers on the castle which is too far away from the boat ride. Boys loved the food of the dessert party while the wrapped snacks of Pirates and Pals were just vending machine type snacks.

Oh man, just when I had settled on my Pirate & Pals choice! My older one will be turning 7 that day so I had been thinking the CMs at Pirate & Pals would hopefully make him feel "special". What made you think it was awful? I do think seeing the castle illuminations are a big plus, especially since we're already staying at the Poly so in theory we could see the fireworks over the lagoon on any night we're there without paying extra. Aah, so torn!

crawale

Oh man, just when I had settled on my Pirate & Pals choice! My older one will be turning 7 that day so I had been thinking the CMs at Pirate & Pals would hopefully make him feel "special". What made you think it was awful? I do think seeing the castle illuminations are a big plus, especially since we're already staying at the Poly so in theory we could see the fireworks over the lagoon on any night we're there without paying extra. Aah, so torn!
Horrible 'treats' boring actor as the 'pirate' on the boat. Very hard to get back to our hotel afterwards so we had to miss out on the line to meet Peter Pan at the dock. Our evening at the Dessert Party was 'magical'. Staff were very attentive. Have been going to Disney for 35 years with children and now grandsons and this was the best view of the fireworks we ever had - could really see the castle lasers clearly. We are going again this summer. If your kids love pirates try the pirate boat trip from Yacht Club or Caribbean Beach. Kids only. They go on a pontoon and search for treasure. Grandsons loved it and it was great value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom