Pirate Disney Dollars and Pirate Rooms

dgm21578

We are trying to have a pirate themed trip. Does anyone know if we can still get the new POTC Disney Dollars? I don't want to get them off ebay if they are still at the parks.

Also, are the beds in the special pirates rooms at the Caribbean resort really uncomfortable? I've seen old info that there is some issue, but I don't know if the info is outdated.

This is probably my last chance to go to Disney with my girls and new son; so we are trying to make it really special. I know my 4 month old boy will never remember, but I'm trying to ensure my daughters remember good times with their dad.

This is also my first try at posting anything on the internet so forgive me if I went wrong anywhere.

real mad hatter

Yo Ho Yo Ho,etc,etc,etc.

I would check out Disney Dollars site on the web,it's not every year that WDW issues new ones,but the POTC dollar will be for that year.best of luck.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

We are trying to have a pirate themed trip. Does anyone know if we can still get the new POTC Disney Dollars? I don't want to get them off ebay if they are still at the parks.

Also, are the beds in the special pirates rooms at the Caribbean resort really uncomfortable? I've seen old info that there is some issue, but I don't know if the info is outdated.

This is probably my last chance to go to Disney with my girls and new son; so we are trying to make it really special. I know my 4 month old boy will never remember, but I'm trying to ensure my daughters remember good times with their dad.

This is also my first try at posting anything on the internet so forgive me if I went wrong anywhere.
Hello and welcome to the boards! :wave: I do not know about the POTC Disney dollars but I do have a friend that complained about the beds at CBR. I think it was more of a size issue, they have two full size beds, not queens. So they were not very comfortable with sharing beds. I don't think they were in a pirate room either, not sure if they are the same beds. Have a magical trip and happy planning! Planning is almost as fun as the vacation itself.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Your In Luck.

Well,looks like your in luck.Oct of last year Disney issued a one dollar bill entitled Pirates of the carribean,on stranger tides.you should still be able to get them,try at your concierge at your hotel.

Upvote 0

dgm21578

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for the help with the dollars! And I guess we'll just stick with our plan of splitting time between the Movie resort and the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i don't know about the disney dollars part of your question but my 22 y/o daughter and i stayed in a pirate room in october 2010. i didn't think the beds were any different than any of the other disney resorts if that helps. she is a big poc fan so she got a real kick out of staying there (she didn't know i'd booked it when we went for f&w last fall). i thought they were fun. i liked it better than my previous stay at cbr that was in a regular room in 2004 or 05 can't remember for certain.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
YES...Purchased Pirate $1's this past Sunday at MK City Hall...I asked if they had any other version and she said nope, just the pirates....:animwink: I told her they make great bookmarks and she said many people get them for "toothfairy" redemptions....:D

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

can you still buy these? I dont even remember seeing these before!

Kind of a newb question, sorry.

Im 26 and had a 10 year layover before my Disney obsession started back up as a 23 year old, so most of my early memories were as a child.

edit: I just saw the answer above! sorry!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom