Pins and Air Travel

BCVTalsJam

Original Poster
Hey just wanted to know if I can carry my Disney pins on the plane with me. Has anyone ever tried this?

CaptainShortty

I have and have never had a problem. I generally only carry a couple though just to be safe as I'd be devastated if they took then away. Generally I pack them in my checked bag.

BCVTalsJam

Original Poster
I have taken my whole book of pins before as a carry and and had not had a problem...but I wanted to see if others had as well cause it makes me nervous. I don't want to pack them cause of the weight issue with bag...which is why I want to put them in my carry on. Just wanted to make sure the last trip wasn't a fluke. :)

Thanks!

daisyduckie

Always always put your pins in your carry-on! Never pack anything of value into your checked bag! Pins are much too easy to resell on Ebay or any other website. I've traveled many times with my pins in my carry-on, and have never been hassled about them.

wiigirl

We always pack our pins in our carry on and have never had a problem.

Same here...hate letting them out of my sight. :p
75.gif

Cosmic Commando

I've never had problems. I usually pack them on the way down and have my lanyard in my carryon for the flight back... never even had someone mention them. I don't want to scare you, but you could get a bad TSA agent, though. I actually contacted TSA to see if we could carry diaper pins on the plane... it wasn't mentioned on their list online either way. Their response was basically "it's not on the list, but it's always up to the TSA agent at the airport." There's a 99.99% chance nothing will happen, but just in case, keep calm and try to talk to a reasonable person. ;)

Figments Friend

-
I will chime in with what others above have said.
I have also visited WDW many times in the past, and never had any issues.

As a bonified Pin Freak i have transported enough pins to and from the Parks that if they were all melted down, we would have enough molten material to create another moon to orbit the Earth!

I always have them in my carry on bag, and not once have i had to have them checked at a security checkpoint at a airport.
They are probably not made out of a metal that causes any issues with the various security scans.
I had more issues taking a small totebag bag full of wind-up toys through a security check once then i have ever had taking entire carry on bags full of Disney Pins.

So you will be fine....enjoy your vacation...and have fun trading!

:)

Cruiser237

I had been wondering the same since the pins have the "spike" in the back if this would cause any issues. Although its smaller knowing my luck something might happen. I feel better after reading this

Figments Friend

Great!

So breath easy....and bring your pins. You will be glad you did, because i am sure you will end up finding some great trades.

Enjoy your vacation!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom