Pin trading and Autograph book for 5 year old?

bsmartin2000

I really do not know much about pin trading so I am wondering if this is something my 5 year old Grandson would like. I checked on Ebay and I am shocked at what is out there for pins!! Should I purchase a starter kit with lanyard for him or is this just a waste of money?? I am thinking an autograph book might be a good idea since I plan on alot of Character meals for him. Any suggestions?:)

real mad hatter

I was thinking of getting something like a traveling CD/DVD case that zips up for our boys to put their really good pins in, so they don't fall off their lanyards.
A little tip here on the plastic part the pin goes into.Pierce the pin in at an angle so it comes thro onto the hard rubber.This way it won't come off.I was given this tip by a CM at the Pin Trading at downtown.Ive even heard of the locking pins failing.Never lost a pin yet.;)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The locking pins don't fail if you lock them down with the Allen wrench.

Certainly worth the money for wear, but not for display.

After the first trip, I started keeping pins on the lanyard for display, and pins in a ziploc for trading, for the kid. It was much easier to whip out a ziploc and trade then to undo the locking pin on the lanyard she really only cared to show off a few times a day...mostly when getting all "dressed" for the parks. By the first ride, she was done with wearing it. Much like Mickey Ears...you buy them, you wear them for a bit, and it's over...

We had so many pins in 2011 we deemed "trading pins" left over from 2010 that we got in the habit of even giving pins away to kids in line with empty lanyards, just to help strike up conversations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom