Pin collection

Crzy4Dzny

Original Poster
Right now we have our pin collection in a box. My husband wants to hang them from in a frame, but he can't figure out how to do this. Any suggestions?

Katie

DanStat

You could also take a poster sized frame, but corkboard in it, and display your pins on there without backs or glass on the front of the frame.

Sgt Tibs

I've got mine on a banner. It's a thick red (felt?) banner with a WDW logo and gold tassels and trim that I got from Kelloggs. It came with these gadawful mini-beanies that velcroed to the banner. The beanies are long gone, but the banner works great to show off the pins.

It would be easy to make a banner like the ones that hang in the castle. I always thought that would be good for pin-displaying...

tigger1968

I would say go anywhere but Michaels for framing. We had two sets framed, and not only did it take 7 days, it was late on top of that, and they managed to mix up the arrangement on one of them. Apology? No. They acted like it was no big deal. Won't be going back.

DieHardDisney

Originally posted by tigsmom
Too many to count, I would imagine. New ones come out all the time, add that to the retired ones, specials, etc. and you could have a huge collection.

I gather from the fact that you mention specials and retired ones that they're kinda like Beanie's am I right?

DieHardDisney

Sounds cool but I guess I'd have to do my collecting via Ebay or something as I don't get the chance to get to any of the parks with living in the UK!

Thessair

It took me a while to get hooked into the whole pin thing. But now that I am, I really enjoy it. It's quite a blast to hop around the parks and hotels looking for ones I don't have. It's also a great ice breaker when you're wandering around searching. I've made a few really good friends out of pin trading. I've gotten a number of good pins through EBay. Disney Auctions (www.disneyauctions.com) puts up tons of great pins and prototypes.

DieHardDisney

I might start collecting through Ebay and the website you mentioned Thessair but sounds kinda dangerous, getting hooked on Pin collecting, you got yourself an addiction LOL :lol:

Originally posted by Thessair
It took me a while to get hooked into the whole pin thing. But now that I am, I really enjoy it.

Are they expensive?

DieHardDisney

But if I asked you to make an approximate guess on how many there are, uncluding all retired pins and specials etc. how many do you think have been released?

Thessair

If I had to venture an (extremely uneducated) guess… Hrm… Including Disney Store pins, pins from parks all over the world, plus the catalog, plus the movie club, Disney Auctions, etc. etc. etc. I don’t know. I think a variety of multi-thousands might be a lowball figure.

DieHardDisney

Originally posted by Thessair
If I had to venture an (extremely uneducated) guess… Hrm… Including Disney Store pins, pins from parks all over the world, plus the catalog, plus the movie club, Disney Auctions, etc. etc. etc. I don’t know. I think a variety of multi-thousands might be a lowball figure.

Originally posted by tigsmom
Thousands, probably more.

Whoa! As many as that? It would be near impossible to get anywhere near them all, it makes the mind boggle! LOL :hammer: :lol:

Thessair

Yeah, getting a complete set of pins would be, oh, probably impossible. It's usually best to pick something (film, character, resort) and stick to it. Of course, I just kind of pick and choose based on whether or not I like the pin. Everyone does it a bit differently. It's a fun hobby though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom