Pin Codes??? Do they still exist?

Zipadeelady

So, it's been awhile since the family has been to Disney and I've been wanting to book for the end of July but I've been holding out for deals, more specifically a pin code. It seems that when we weren't planning a trip we always got pin codes in the mail but now that I'm wanting one......nothing.

I would love to get a free dining discount but I'm starting to get the feeling that that's not going to happen. We have went twice in July and got free dining but that's been quite a few years ago. I see they just put out a offer for one QS meal per person per day but I know the room discount would be better than that offer.

Does anyone know if there are pin codes out there? Has anyone gotten one lately?

Lexi

I've never received a pin code either, however, based on what everyone that has gotten one recently said they received, it seems they are the same special offers offered on Disney's website. Am I missing something or have they started offering lesser valued pin codes??

Upvote 0

officialtom

I've never received a pin code either, however, based on what everyone that has gotten one recently said they received, it seems they are the same special offers offered on Disney's website. Am I missing something or have they started offering lesser valued pin codes??

We got one for 30% off resort stays for winter 2016 well before that was offered on the website. I think the website eventually caught up, but it did give us an earlier booking window and greater resort selection.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I think @officialtom is correct where you just get the offer earlier. I've been hoping for free dining but it looks like everyone has just been getting room discounts.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Funny you should mention this because I also have received at least 4 lately and one is for free dining during July and August.
You lucky dog!! :happy:Your the first one to mention free dining, Is it a full quick service or one meal per person per day? I'll just try to remain hopeful. thanks for the info

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

I first heard about these PIN codes many years ago, but I never received a PIN code in the mail until my daughter (my first child) was born last June. Since then, I have received 2 PIN codes in the mail over the past 6 months. It can't be a coincidence. There must be certain parameters/formulas they use when deciding who to target with the PINs.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Yes, I have received 3 in the last year, and they definitely were not like they used to be. Usually the same as being offered on the website, but with a couple extra weeks or so. We will never see the 7 days for the price of 4 again! :arghh:

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

We will never see the 7 days for the price of 4 again! :arghh:

Not with the way the Orlando theme park business seems to be booming right now, but if the economy tanks again like it did in 2009 and people cut back on vacation budgets, then I suspect we will see those great deals back again. Of course, that would be economically bad for most everyone so hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

I used to get them all the time and haven't in a while. I wonder if it has to do with the resort you stay at. We used to always stay at deluxe resorts but lately have been booking moderate. Has anyone received one after staying at a moderate?

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I just got one a few months ago but the deal I got from Disney Visa was better. I person I work with got one last year for 50% off of a deluxe.
I've never heard of one at 50%, that's awesome. I hoped they jumped on that offer!
I used to get them all the time and haven't in a while. I wonder if it has to do with the resort you stay at. We used to always stay at deluxe resorts but lately have been booking moderate. Has anyone received one after staying at a moderate?
We've stayed in moderates two of the last four times we have went, 3 if you count the Cabins. We've gotten free dining every time we went.

I've been looking at the numbers lately and beginning to wonder if the room discount would be better for us this time. We may not be wanting a sit down dinner every night now that the kids are getting older.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Have gotten them after staying at moderates and values.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom