Pictures of the Disney Inn?

Over the years I've become very interested in the former hotel the Disney Inn, but there seems to be so few photos and information about it online. I've seen plenty pictures of the sign, but none of the lobby, rooms, etc.

Does anyone have some unique pictures or stories of the resort? It always seems to be forgotten when talked about Walt Disney World's past. I'd love for it to make a comeback in some way.

I was 11 or so when I stayed at the Disney Inn at Christmas in 1992 with my parents and older brother. It was amazing. We had a big open room with a balcony that overlooked the pool. We were welcomed with stockings of candy, soaps, etc. Mom and Dad seemed surprised by the goodies so I don't think they were an add-on. I didn't notice big crowds at the hotel at any time.

Disney Inn had a Christmas party on Christmas eve or Christmas day with all the characters in their formal attire (I think the reiteration of Mickey at that time wore a tux). I remember Mickey dancing with my very bashful mom and she had the biggest smile on her face ever. I remember the party felt very small and intimate and I felt welcomed even as a kid. My teenage brother danced with Cinderella (or was it Minnie Mouse?) I don't think that it was an extra fee because we probably wouldn't have sprung for that. The employees were all very nice. Coming back after one long day at the park, we realized my special stuffy was missing, and surmised it had gotten picked up with the sheets. Lo and behold, about six months later, it arrived at our house by mail!

I also remember that a young driver of about 20 or so accidentally hit our car with a golf cart the morning we were leaving. My parents were very kind about it, there was just a little scratch or something. But the employee and management were very apologetic. Truly, it was a special trip.

I think we walked to the Polynesian a couple of times to catch the Metro but generally we took the car to the Metro.

Wasn't the Disney Inn mainly Snow White-themed?
I honestly remember it being quite plain and simple inside with white corridors and not a lot of Disney theming. Sort of like the 90s elegance use of white and simple greenery. I could be wrong. I do remember getting my mom a Bambi figurine from the gift shop though.

imhotep856

I stayed there with my family in June of 91. I was 7 and don't remember too much about the hotel. This was our 1st trip to Disney and my 1st time staying at a Hotel. I was so excited! Looking at the few pictures i can find, brings back memories. Not sure what type of vacation package we had but i do remember eating a breakfast buffet at a restaurant in the hotel. The bell hop made us all laugh. The room and hotel was very plain. I remember running into the room and trying to unlock balcony door i couldnt. There was a heating lamp in the bathroom that amazed me. lol. I do not remember any theming besides sleepy dwarf with the candle. It was quite and not that crowded for Disney in June. They had a slide that was rollers by the pool. I met a girl around the same age as me named Jessica. We played in the pool and on the slide. I think i dont remember the hotel that much because i was young, but also because we didnt spend much time there. We were in the parks ALL DAY. I remember the plastic seats on the buses and they were color coded, i guess depending on which park they were going to.

Max Duane

Wasn't the Disney Inn mainly Snow White-themed?
It was in advertising but I don’t believe the resort itself had much themeing to do with the animated films, but I could be wrong. I know the sign featured Sleepy from the Seven Dwarfs, so I’m sure there were more little nods to the movies like that in the gift shop or lobby areas, but the majority of the resort itself was pretty standard

nothing too interesting here, but these photos from micechat show what looks like a little garden area and the former entrance

Brer Panther

It was in advertising but I don’t believe the resort itself had much themeing to do with the animated films, but I could be wrong. I know the sign featured Sleepy from the Seven Dwarfs, so I’m sure there were more little nods to the movies like that in the gift shop or lobby areas, but the majority of the resort itself was pretty standard
I could've sworn I read in a book that it had some light Snow White theming. Maybe I'm just misremembering...

Cmdr_Crimson

I could've sworn I read in a book that it had some light Snow White theming. Maybe I'm just misremembering...
It got a brief Snow White overlay for awhile. I think that was during the "Disney Inn" days, rather than as the Golf Resort.
Yep it did..
Image from Micechat..,
disney-inn-sign-1994.jpg

Max Duane

No, I mean the sign out front confirms at least some Snow White influence. It’s hard to tell with so few photos available, but there very well could have been more Snow White theming around the resort. You’re probably remembering right that there was more SW stuff around

Robbiem

I stayed there with my family in June of 91. I was 7 and don't remember too much about the hotel. This was our 1st trip to Disney and my 1st time staying at a Hotel. I was so excited! Looking at the few pictures i can find, brings back memories. Not sure what type of vacation package we had but i do remember eating a breakfast buffet at a restaurant in the hotel. The bell hop made us all laugh. The room and hotel was very plain. I remember running into the room and trying to unlock balcony door i couldnt. There was a heating lamp in the bathroom that amazed me. lol. I do not remember any theming besides sleepy dwarf with the candle. It was quite and not that crowded for Disney in June. They had a slide that was rollers by the pool. I met a girl around the same age as me named Jessica. We played in the pool and on the slide. I think i dont remember the hotel that much because i was young, but also because we didnt spend much time there. We were in the parks ALL DAY. I remember the plastic seats on the buses and they were color coded, i guess depending on which park they were going to.

really interesting I never knew they used to have colour coded bus seats!

Alice a

Retrowdw podcast did an excellent Golf Resort episode a few years ago, and their website has a fantastic cache of photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom