Pictures of big red.... I have never seen these before

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Lol. Come on...well... maybe if Dumbos mom had died... lol. Jk .. we are talking about two completely different situations ..one is a cartoon ....the other is supposed to be a real life safari soooooo?..

Dumbo's mom was taken away as a "mad elephant" so her prognosis wasn't for a long life. So if the mother elephant was to be somewhat true to life it should be not just lying there but semi dismembered or minimally gunshot.

Glasgow

I read the title and thought of this

140207_2723167_Big_Red_anvver_2.jpg

KraftServices

I like that we're comparing a realistic dead elephant on essentially a zoo ride at a family park to cartoons and saying people are too sensitive about seeing a convincing corpse. I imagine younger kids would've been very upset by it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I suppose it would have been OK to leave it as long as they posted trigger warnings at the ride load station... but I find it telling that nobody mourns the "sleeping" zebra in The Jungle Cruise.

Djali999

More interesting than Big Red to me is all of the other stuff that was deleted during previews... originally the lions had watering stations designed to look like chewed up zebra carcasses. There were also some half-eaten gazelles laying around on the savanna... it all went away pretty quickly during previews.

B13LqtrCQAA6I6d.png:large

Cmdr_Crimson

More interesting than Big Red to me is all of the other stuff that was deleted during previews... originally the lions had watering stations designed to look like chewed up zebra carcasses. There were also some half-eaten gazelles laying around on the savanna... it all went away pretty quickly during previews.

Man I'm sure who thought of these and the Big Red prop must be a Halloween Horror night prop maker at Universal now...

Calm Down Rover

I've seen that style of feeder before in regular zoos, though admittedly they were never quite as realistically gruesome- looking! As important as I believe it is to teach kids that nature isn't always pretty or what we humans would call "nice" (and still worthy of protection regardless of those facts) I can understand why they might have been removed. Guests may think some poor zebra wandered into the lion enclosure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom