Pictures 9/3/ & 9/4 (some are also from USF & IOA)

dizneykev

Ok, first of all, I am amazed at how Bad some of the character representation are at Universal Studios. It really makes you appreciate the job that Disney does with their selections. Second, I was glad to see that you took a picture of Madame Leota's tombstone. How long has that one been there? I mean we just noticed it for the first time on our trip in May. I cannot believe I had never seen the eyes and face move before. Either I am not too observant, this in new, or we have just never been stopped there before.

Nice pictures and thanks for sharing!

Dizneykev

SheenaXena

Great pics! Looking at them just make me want to be there right now! But...I only have 22 days left. So, it's not too long. :)

MiRi

Original Poster
dizneykev said:
Ok, first of all, I am amazed at how Bad some of the character representation are at Universal Studios. It really makes you appreciate the job that Disney does with their selections. Second, I was glad to see that you took a picture of Madame Leota's tombstone. How long has that one been there? I mean we just noticed it for the first time on our trip in May. I cannot believe I had never seen the eyes and face move before. Either I am not too observant, this in new, or we have just never been stopped there before.

Dizneykev

Actually, I like the Lucy character, Olive, Spider-Man, and Popeye the best. gy seemed kinda cheesy. I could see the guy's real hair under the wig. hehe... Ricky Ricardo was meh... but fun to talk to. I think he needed to be a little bit more hyped up though.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Nice pics sweetie...thanks for sharing! I loved your Charlies Angel's t-shirt...just bought the same one the other day:sohappy: . Anyway, the Marilyn Monroe character was beautiful...i wish she'd had a bit more meat on her bones...afterall, Marilyn Monroe was a size 14-16 :animwink: .

Thanks again for the pics chica!

MiRi

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you! Here's a short report.

Well, as you all know, I went to Orlando this past weekend. Max and I went to Universal and Islands on Saturday and then to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. We stayed at the All-Star Sports hotel on-site. We had a really good time and did pretty much everything we wanted to do.

On Friday, I left work early and went to pick Max up at work. We were on the road by 4:40. That was the time when I checked. I drove the entire way since Max was tired from work. I don't mind driving. We got there in like 6 hours though because traffic was crazy on the turnpike. It was raining in some parts and you know how people are when it rains. Yea... we were stuck in traffic for quite some time. When we get to the hotel, the line to check-in was all the way up to the automatic doors. It was crazy. We were in line for like 30 minutes. Ha.. go figure. You arrive at Disney World and the first thing you do is wait in line to check-in to the hotel.

Finally, we were walking towards our room, which was on the 3rd floor. Then I see an evil creepy slimy thing jump out of nowhere. Yes, it was a frog. I hate frogs. I screamed and Max was just laughing at me, telling me to run. I was frozen. I couldn't move! LOL Max got my bag and I stood there for a minute, watching the frog stare right at me with its beady eyes, and then finally I made a run for it. We saw another one but that one jumped into the grass and I ran fast away from it. I hate those damn things. Yuck.

We woke up early Saturday morning to get going to Universal. It was our first time at Universal Studios and wanted to get there when they opened the park. The park was pretty much dead. We were among the first 20 or 30 people inside the park. First thing we did was Shrek 4D, which I loved! It was truly awesome. We did Twister, Earthquake, Jaws, Back to the Future, E.T. (one of my favorites), Men in Black, and Revenge of the Mummy... which I got dizzy on. I took tons of pictures with different characters. That's one thing I love doing... interacting with the characters. Islands was more packed. We did pretty much all the main rides. I just don't do roller coasters. We got to the hotel that night soaked because we went on Dudley Do Right's last. Big mistake. Good thing my car didn't really get wet.

Sunday we also woke up early to get to Epcot when they opened to get to Soarin' before the crowds do. We got a Fastpass for Soarin' and went on Living with the Land to kill some time. After we did Soarin' we did Imagination & Test Track. Then we had lunch and headed on over to the Magic Kingdom. At the MK, we did everything we wanted to do. I took a bunch of pictures with characters. My favorites were Chip & Dale. They gave me a group hug. They're so damn cute. I gave them each a kiss on the cheek. Goofy also gave me a really big hug. Too cute. After we did everything we wanted to do, we sat down to wait for Wishes, which was, like always, beautiful.

Some quick notes:
• Noodle Station (or w/e it's called now) was closed when I tried checking for dinner. They open from 11am-3pm.
• Pooh's Playful Spot looks great and the kiddies enjoy it. Nice little addition.
• Our HM doombuggy was being skippy. I hope they fix this in the upcoming refurb.
• What is up with all those flies in the Land dining area? Ugh...

nibblesandbits

dizneykev said:
Second, I was glad to see that you took a picture of Madame Leota's tombstone. How long has that one been there? I mean we just noticed it for the first time on our trip in May. I cannot believe I had never seen the eyes and face move before. Either I am not too observant, this in new, or we have just never been stopped there before.

Dizneykev

I know that Madame Leota has been there at least 2 years because it was there when I went on my trip in May of 2004. And here eyes were moving then too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom