picture taking: public vs personal space

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If it's easy to get around them, I go around.

If their picture taking requires me to come to a full-stop... I don't... any more. I used to stop, but then I found out the majority couldn't take a picture in a quick, timely manner. When they're holding up the camera/phone and then stop to look at it because they don't know where the button is... that's annoying.

So, if I can't go around, I go through. It's up to them to wait for a break in the flow to snap a good picture, just like a car waiting to enter traffic.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think it all depends. I've walked through a photo...because I honestly didn't see the the person taking the photo. (They were that far away)....

But usually I'll hold up. This will illicit 2 types of responses. The individual taking the photo will politely nod or say thank you....which in most cases I'll allow for a minute so they can snap away...or....I'll even offer to take the photo myself and have the photographer join in the snap.

The second response is when I stop...get no acknowledgement.... or they give off the "you're impeding on our space" vibe---- I will then proceed to photo-bomb mode.

Chef Mickey

You sound like a real class act.
I am. In all seriousness, I'll it when people are not respecting their surroundings.

Trust me, I'm the person at Disney you want in the parks. I am quiet, no flash pictures, follow all rules, good tipper, courteous to cast members, and always clean up after myself.

drizgirl

I am. In all seriousness, I'll it when people are not respecting their surroundings.

Trust me, I'm the person at Disney you want in the parks. I am quiet, no flash pictures, follow all rules, good tipper, courteous to cast members, and always clean up after myself.
Except for the photo bombing of course.

MichRX7

Premium Member
If it's easy to get around them, I go around.

If their picture taking requires me to come to a full-stop... I don't... any more. I used to stop, but then I found out the majority couldn't take a picture in a quick, timely manner. When they're holding up the camera/phone and then stop to look at it because they don't know where the button is... that's annoying.

So, if I can't go around, I go through. It's up to them to wait for a break in the flow to snap a good picture, just like a car waiting to enter traffic.

Yeah, if we are doing it we always wave people past. It's tough to setup a 26+ person group shot, which is why we always buy the photo pass.

Weather_Lady

If we notice someone taking a photo, we'll wait until they're finished, or else walk around behind them, out of the shot.

I've never seen a situation where somebody was completely blocking a walkway such that I couldn't get by without photobombing their party, but if it happened, I'd give them a few seconds to finish up before excusing myself and dashing through. As others said, it's no big deal, and a matter of common courtesy.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hey, other people are part of the Disney park experience. If other people show up in your photo, you clearly didn't plan well enough. I won't intentionally photobomb, but if someone's 25 feet away from their subject, oh, well... accidents happen.

NelleBelle

We wave people through as we are setting the shot up and then quickly snap the pic when it's clear. I do get a little miffed when we are doing photo pass and someone walk right through the middle of that shot. Especially if we're doing an elaborate pose! There's no excuse for that...pay attention!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
...I do get a little miffed when we are doing photo pass and someone walk right through the middle of that shot. Especially if we're doing an elaborate pose! There's no excuse for that...pay attention!!
Sorry, but getting a photopass shot gives you exclusive use of a photographer... not of the walkway between you and the camera. If that's an issue, then you can contact Guest Placation and complain until you get an anytime fastpass+. I'm busy looking at the castle, or the place I'm going, not you and your family's "elaborate pose."

NelleBelle

Sorry, but getting a photopass shot gives you exclusive use of a photographer... not of the walkway between you and the camera. If that's an issue, then you can contact Guest Placation and complain until you get an anytime fastpass+. I'm busy looking at the castle, or the place I'm going, not you and your family's "elaborate pose."
I am specifically talking about when we are off in an out-of-the way area/walkway getting a picture taken with a photo pass photographer (e.g. the bridge by the rose garden with the alcove/bench) and we are in that little area and someone purposely walks between the photographer and uswhen they actually had to go OUT of their way to ruin the shot it is down right rude and insensitive. I am not talking about standing on Main Street where it is understandable that someone would walk through, but when you are specifically out of the way and someone goes out of their way to "photo bomb", it does become an issue and I will complain (just as you do when you feel someone is blocking the walkway taking pictures).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I am specifically talking about when we are off in an out-of-the way area/walkway getting a picture taken with a photo pass photographer (e.g. the bridge by the rose garden with the alcove/bench) and we are in that little area and someone purposely walks between the photographer and uswhen they actually had to go OUT of their way to ruin the shot it is down right rude and insensitive. I am not talking about standing on Main Street where it is understandable that someone would walk through, but when you are specifically out of the way and someone goes out of their way to "photo bomb", it does become an issue and I will complain (just as you do when you feel someone is blocking the walkway taking pictures).
Well, if I inadvertently photo-bomb you (because I'm not "paying attention!") I'll likely offer a "sorry" as I continue merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily off to nowhere in particular. I promise you this: I won't purposely bomb your photo.

I volunteer at a major aviation museum, and I'm always skirting peoples' photos as I patrol the galleries...as long as I can see they're taking a photo(s).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom