Picture taken for Multi day passes?

luckycharligirl

Original Poster
Anyone have any info on this? I bought my tickets in advance to save time during our trip next month but now it sounds like we have to wait in a line anyway for our picture. I know, I'll be waiting in line most of the day, but still!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Anyone have any info on this? I bought my tickets in advance to save time during our trip next month but now it sounds like we have to wait in a line anyway for our picture. I know, I'll be waiting in line most of the day, but still!

Everyone has to wait in line to get in to the park. Getting your picture taken adds maybe 10-30 seconds per person who need a picture. You can do it in the regular ticket line and I personally have had them skip doing my picture during the busy opening rush to keep the crowds moving and then later when we were hopping and the line was less crowded they did a picture.

luckycharligirl

Original Poster
ok, thanks, good to know. I read online (I don't remember where) that people said they were delayed up to 30 minutes. So if that was the case, I wanted to re-plan :)
thanks again!

oceanbreeze77

No you just take your print out to the turnstiles they scan it, the thing prints you an actual ticket, and then they take your photo on an iPhone. When people say its a hassle they may be referring to themselves either being a pass holder or single day ticket holder and having to wait for the ppl in front of you to have their picture taken.

Ryan120420

ok, thanks, good to know. I read online (I don't remember where) that people said they were delayed up to 30 minutes. So if that was the case, I wanted to re-plan :)
thanks again!

LA Times

Back in 2013, when Disney started taking photos for multi day ticket holders, the process was extremely slow due to the way Disney went about taking photos of multi day ticket holders.

The old process went something like this. Each turnstile would be staffed by two cast members. One cast member would be in front of the turnstile with an iPhone scanner. That Cast Member would eyeball every guests ticket looking for multi-day tickets. If you had a multi-day ticket, the cast memeber would scan that ticket with the iPhone to make sure you had a photo on-file. If you did not have one, they would take your photo with the iPhone, then hand your ticket to the cast member at the turnstile who would then validate your ticket. This process was EXTREMELY slow and on some days would take 45min to get into the parks!

The current process combines the above steps into one. There is now one cast member at each turnstile who will use a iPhone scanner to validate your ticket. When your ticket is validated, if you do not have a photo on-file, the iPhone will prompt the cast member to take a photo. If you have a photo on-file, it will pop up on the iPhone screen. The current process is MUCH quicker, and the only time it really adds any kind of additional wait is in the mornings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom