Picking Parks Suggestions

arich35

We are making our way back to Disney May 7th-14th, 3 adults and a 2 year old at the Boardwalk. We plan on getting park hoppers mainly so we can visit any park (hopefully) in the later afternoon if our kid really loves something but mainly to come back to Magic Kingdom whenever for her. I am trying to plan the best days to for each park to start the day off to hopefully avoid the most crowds. Here is what we have now, would love thoughts:

Friday- Magic Kingdom
Saturday- Animal Kingdom
Sunday- Epcot
Monday- Hollywood Studios
Tuesday- Animal Kingdom
Wednesday- Hollywood Studios
Thursday- Magic Kingdom

Figured Epcot will be really close and if we want to go back in the evening for any rides that would be easy to do. Hollywood Studios will probably be more of a half day with not a ton to do for a 2 year old

arich35

Original Poster
I don't think it is much heavier than the citi mini. If you are flying, it will be nice to have it in the airport, and they will let you gate check it and have it when you deplane.
If you are thinking you don't want to being one, it's not too expensive to rent locally. They will drop it off at the hotel and pick up there
We for sure want to bring one, I believe it is about 22 pounds which isn't much plus our daughter is comfortable with it so we might just stick with it. Main thing I am trying to figure out is if we should buy a carseat for the plane, I would rather not bring something extra along but it might be best.

Upvote 1

NelleBelle

When we took our youngest DS at 18mo, we started buying that extra airline seat and bringing the carseat. It was safer overall in case heaven forbid anything went wrong on the plane than me holding him in my lap. He slept better on a 5+ hr flight sitting in his car seat. We learned our lesson from his older brother that when they were in the car seat, they realized they had to stay seated (plus, couldn't kick the seat-back in front and incur the devil eyes of the passenger in front). And if you can bring your own stroller, I'd recommend. You know how to fold that thing in seconds, know how your child sleeps in it, and its her "germs"!

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
When we took our youngest DS at 18mo, we started buying that extra airline seat and bringing the carseat. It was safer overall in case heaven forbid anything went wrong on the plane than me holding him in my lap. He slept better on a 5+ hr flight sitting in his car seat. We learned our lesson from his older brother that when they were in the car seat, they realized they had to stay seated (plus, couldn't kick the seat-back in front and incur the devil eyes of the passenger in front). And if you can bring your own stroller, I'd recommend. You know how to fold that thing in seconds, know how your child sleeps in it, and its her "germs"!

Surprisingly at 2 years old we had to buy a seat for her no matter what. Which carseat did you use? The one we have for he is way too big for the plane

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Surprisingly at 2 years old we had to buy a seat for her no matter what. Which carseat did you use? The one we have for he is way too big for the plane
Here's the closest thing I could find given our seat we used was 12 1/2 years ago.

I tried to upload a pic of DS sitting in his seat on the plane but I'm getting a server error 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

For a two year old we’ve had a lot of luck with a cares harness. They’re FAA approved and limit kiddo movement. There are a lot of knock offs out there but the real ones have been great for us. Especially if you don’t need a car seat upon arrival. If you do, definitely just bring it on the plane.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
For a two year old we’ve had a lot of luck with a cares harness. They’re FAA approved and limit kiddo movement. There are a lot of knock offs out there but the real ones have been great for us. Especially if you don’t need a car seat upon arrival. If you do, definitely just bring it on the plane.

I saw that but it seems super expensive for something that will be used maybe 2-3 times, at least a carseat at the same price can be used in the car, I know its a pain to lug around but might be worth it

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I saw that but it seems super expensive for something that will be used maybe 2-3 times, at least a carseat at the same price can be used in the car, I know its a pain to lug around but might be worth it
That ultimately why we didn’t go with it. We already had 2 car seats (identical) and figured we would rather take the car seat with and use the money towards the plane ticket).

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are making our way back to Disney May 7th-14th, 3 adults and a 2 year old at the Boardwalk. We plan on getting park hoppers mainly so we can visit any park (hopefully) in the later afternoon if our kid really loves something but mainly to come back to Magic Kingdom whenever for her. I am trying to plan the best days to for each park to start the day off to hopefully avoid the most crowds. Here is what we have now, would love thoughts:

Friday- Magic Kingdom
Saturday- Animal Kingdom
Sunday- Epcot
Monday- Hollywood Studios
Tuesday- Animal Kingdom
Wednesday- Hollywood Studios
Thursday- Magic Kingdom

Figured Epcot will be really close and if we want to go back in the evening for any rides that would be easy to do. Hollywood Studios will probably be more of a half day with not a ton to do for a 2 year old

Have you ever been to the park with a 2 year old?

I assume “no”

They won’t have a “favorite park”...they’ll stroll and stare no matter where you are.

I’d say...given the current state of “park hopping”...I’d dump the hoppers and book at least 3 magic kingdom days. Also...if you need the naps and/or midday pool breaks...use boardwalk for advantages it has: studios and Epcot.

I been there...one under 1,2....two under 3, 4, 5, 6...2-4 times a year...you get the pattern 👍🏻

Upvote 0

ELG13

We always have more MK days than anything. We always enjoy AK but even pre pandemic it was never a 2 day park for us and our kids...it was a late start and then early back to the hotel for pool time, as is the case for the upcoming trip. We are doing a half day in HS and then heading to Epcot for an early dinner and just to walk around. 2 MK days and a day at blizzard beach. We will have a 10 month old, 10 yr old and 6 yr old.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
We always have more MK days than anything. We always enjoy AK but even pre pandemic it was never a 2 day park for us and our kids...it was a late start and then early back to the hotel for pool time, as is the case for the upcoming trip. We are doing a half day in HS and then heading to Epcot for an early dinner and just to walk around. 2 MK days and a day at blizzard beach. We will have a 10 month old, 10 yr old and 6 yr old.

We are big animal people and so is our kid so we wanted to have two days there but I am almost positive the 2nd day will be a half day with the hope of going to MK for the 2nd half. I would do it the other way around but AK closes the soonest so it is tough to park hop there

Upvote 0

ELG13

We are big animal people and so is our kid so we wanted to have two days there but I am almost positive the 2nd day will be a half day with the hope of going to MK for the 2nd half. I would do it the other way around but AK closes the soonest so it is tough to park hop there
Oh us too..I love the park we just never did many rides so I think that's what always kept or day short. I love all the trails and the safari. We had the same issue trying to plan our days with short hours.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

When my kiddo was 2 (almost 3) we only had 2 park days - Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. She loved both. She particularly loved the Pooh ride, the Boneyard, triceratops spin, tea cups, the AK train and trails, and Dumbo/Dumbo play area. She talked about Pooh A LOT until her next trip at age 5. We did close to full days at both parks, but that was really only because we only at 2 days at WDW before going elsewhere for the rest of the trip. We let her sleep in and didn't worry about rope drop. Also she was a good stroller napper at that time, so when she got tired, I'd stroll her around and daddy got to go on Space Mountain and Everest, etc. If I had been there for a whole week, I definitely would've planned for half days and just winged it for the evenings.

Upvote 0

aamove

I like your plan and agree that a 2 yr old won't have a favorite park. You will pick her favorite park based on the joy you feel because of the experiences you have with her. Our favorite was when we took our then 2 yr. old to Epcot and she broke the line and ran up to give Winnie the Pooh a hug. As she got older we had to think of different ways to keep her entertained at Epcot.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I like your plan and agree that a 2 yr old won't have a favorite park. You will pick her favorite park based on the joy you feel because of the experiences you have with her. Our favorite was when we took our then 2 yr. old to Epcot and she broke the line and ran up to give Winnie the Pooh a hug. As she got older we had to think of different ways to keep her entertained at Epcot.
I agree-Epcot was a favorite with our 15-mo when we took him the first time. He learned to really walk independently there. Loved the splash fountains, Nemo/Seas, LWtL, etc. He also really liked AK. MK was fun but definitely very over-stimulating at times.

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

Have you ever been to the park with a 2 year old?

I assume “no”

They won’t have a “favorite park”...they’ll stroll and stare no matter where you are.

I’d say...given the current state of “park hopping”...I’d dump the hoppers and book at least 3 magic kingdom days. Also...if you need the naps and/or midday pool breaks...use boardwalk for advantages it has: studios and Epcot.

I been there...one under 1,2....two under 3, 4, 5, 6...2-4 times a year...you get the pattern 👍🏻
I'd beg to differ....kids in my extended family absolutely had a favorite park. They enjoyed all, but AK had too few rides (and was a lot like zoos..so less WOW!) Epcot had Kidcot stations, and was pretty, but not a lot of rides. HS had a few favorites, but none of the parks compared to MK!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I'd beg to differ....kids in my extended family absolutely had a favorite park. They enjoyed all, but AK had too few rides (and was a lot like zoos..so less WOW!) Epcot had Kidcot stations, and was pretty, but not a lot of rides. HS had a few favorites, but none of the parks compared to MK!
We’re they under 3?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom